Homepage Updates Suggestion, Actively updated homepage for more highlights / traffic ?
maharzan
Aug 13 2009, 11:40 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hi Admin & all,

I have been here at GMC for quite a while now and actively participating. To tell you the truth, this has been more of a community to me than just learning place. Found great mentors, friends and I visit every now and then in a day. I have to say I have improved my playing a lot after joining GMC.

That said, I have seen that there are a very few active members here mainly when there are competitions. Like there are very very few entries when there is a monthly competition. We saw an average turnout in the 'grand' competition GMC might have ever ran. And then when it came to voting, I think there were only about 30 votes?

My main concern or I guess everyones concern is how to get more people in here to participate (not just signup and vanish). This may or may not relate to my suggestion but I have seen that the homepage hardly gets updated. I mean, it looks the same all the time, except the lesson updates (mostly on a daily basis). I might be wrong.

Now the New Competition highlight (which I thought should have been on the top somewhere) is at the last row and is still there after its already completed. You have covered a lot of things in the Journal which is really a good thing. But I think it would be great if you could also put some highlights of the competition on the front page to replace the competition ad. For the Journal section, perhaps put some highlights in there rather than just "Keep Updated" thing. People don't tend to notice when you always see the same thing, you know.

The main thing is the homepage content should keep on rotating every now and then (2 times a week at least IMO). Highlight mentors or students so they are encouraged to give more. This might actually pull in more members as well. Any competitions should be highlighted as if its a GRAND thing, meaning a full middle section of the site if possible. I know the prizes were great!

I am not sure how this is reflected on your new design but from my first view, it was just more like a redesign of gfx. Perhaps, you can put some of these into account and apply.

I have been a web designer for the last 6 years, thus IMO the site has more value when its homepage content is vibrant not necessarily nice graphics or flash zip zap thing.

I meant no offense to anyone. Just some of my thoughts on making GMC reach more global audience and more talents. I m thinking GMC more than just beginner learners forum and try including talents like guitar idol sites do.

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:28 PM