Tell Us A Bit About Your Own Projects
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 12 2008, 11:46 PM
Instructor
For all instructors, please tell us about your own projects that you do beside GMC. It would be very interesting to know what kind of music do you do in your free time, play with a band, do a solo album or just like to play certain types of music best "for your soul" so to speak! biggrin.gif

Personally I would love to do a blues/jazz album some time but don't have the time for this. With my band where Bogdan and I play we play funk/rock music, but recently finding other alternative genres very interesting, adn blending it with our core genre succesfuly. When I'm alone, the most beatiful music for me to play is blues and jazz more and more.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Mar 12 2008, 11:47 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Trond Vold
Mar 13 2008, 08:00 AM
Instructor
Besides GMC, I'm writing and making demos of a ton of songs and trying to get a good band together. But it's really hard finding likeminded and good musicians here in my area in the progrock/metal genre.

When i'm not recording my demos, i usually play classical stuff, and in recent times, some jazz.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Apr 15 2008, 09:30 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 13 2008, 09:14 AM
Instructor
ufff too much projects:
1: Start playing with the orchestra
2: End my second solo album
3: Pop project with my girlfriend
4: Gothic in the style of Within Temptation project with girlfriend and some friends
5: Start an electronic-metal album
6: Start an acoustic/symphonic album

(...)

1.068: conquer the world

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Mar 13 2008, 12:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Mar 13 2008, 10:14 AM) *
1.068: conquer the world

Wow, what a coincidence, you too? biggrin.gif I'm also trying to conquer the world, I just have to find the time for it between my "making the best album ever" and "becoming a rockstar" efforts! laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 13 2008, 01:00 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Well GMC is taking a lot of my spare musical time at the moment, and unfortunately my job means I have to travel at short notice, so I would find it hard to be in any sort of band at the moment.

The only project I have going is with my long time songwriting and collaboration partner, and we have been trying to collaborate across the atlantic since I moved to the USA. Technically we can do this using the internet, but sadly the inspirational and motivational side is badly impacted by not being able to be in a room together and just play, so this is really limited to times when we can visit each other and record and write together, maybe once a year.

We have a website but it is not ready yet, we have about 120 songs all told spanning 15 years of writing together. We are currently working on a new album, but progress has been very slow. As soon as I get some new monitors and some acoustic treatment for my new studio, I have some mixing and recording to do though ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Mar 13 2008, 02:48 PM
Instructor
well its all change for me. I was living in London on and off for around 8 years but got totally fed up of big city life. So now I have moved back up north (where I'm from) but I am growing to truly hate English weather! maybe I will emigrate - Andrew I am interested to see you moved to USA and I am interested to talk with you about that.
Career wise... I have my own album out on 33 records - www.33jazz.com and that is being distributed very well which I am thrilled about... its in HMV Japan, many US stores... south America I believe, central Europe and of course UK in huge stores such as Tesco and Woolworths as well as Zavvi (formerly virgin megastore) and HMV.
I have just been invited to play on an write an album with an artist friend of mine who is on Lion Music label and has struck up a deal with universal - we are writing and recording the entire album over the net! using FTP servers to upload stuff too. The drummer is in London, singer in Greece, bassist in Brazil and me up here in Wigan! Should be fun.
Lots of other stuff planned but I don't like to say it in case it doesn't happen.

Speak soon,
Nick

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 13 2008, 02:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Mar 13 2008, 12:50 PM) *
Wow, what a coincidence, you too? biggrin.gif I'm also trying to conquer the world, I just have to find the time for it between my "making the best album ever" and "becoming a rockstar" efforts! laugh.gif

hehe, it's a bit difficult so maybe we can do it togheter !!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Mar 13 2008, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Don´t stress so much, I won´t hand over the world to you guys....just a joke.
1)Need to polish ( a lot) my classical guitar technique
2)Get a new classical guitar
3)Record everything as posible
4)A nylon guitar trio we´re making with somo local guys.
5)Get a firm grasp of lot of teorical stuf I´m supposed to be proficient at... but I keep suprising people so they must wait a day so I study the thing I'm suposed to know.
6)Listen to a lot of music with the score in my hand.
7)Be able to play all of Regondi works for guitar (they are not sdo much)
8)Take part in competition to play with orchestra and lose.
9)Get perfect position for playing guitar and perfect nail shaping.
10)Still keep owning the world.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 13 2008, 06:08 PM
Instructor
Nothing out of music to be precise. smile.gif

Finishing my second album,playing with few bands and artists from country,
doing lots of recording studio sessions,giving private guitar classes...

I would love to have my album as major thing but unfortunately
we all have to make some money so...I'm a bit late with it. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 13 2008, 06:13 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Currently just focusing in playing in our band and making lessons for GMC...
I have all my ambitions set in that band so I don't have any other left outside that story..Other than improving bass playing all the time of course..
I will try to study and finish the college I'm going to currently.
Hopefully get back to playing tennis more regularly smile.gif

Thats it for now wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 13 2008, 08:14 PM
Moderation Policy Director
@Nick -

Wigan eh? I grew up near Warrington - small world!

Happy to talk about my US experiences - send me a PM to avoid boring everyone smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Mar 14 2008, 12:00 AM
Instructor
realy i am so buisy with my music running between my students. bands . studios.and composing songs for our traditionall singer also .
i have many CD's recoverd and composed
and here some cover design from one of recoverd album instrumental songs

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 14 2008, 04:56 AM
Instructor
Nice topic. smile.gif My projects are Cirse (my band), working at GMC, becoming a better guitar player, composer and producer. About Cirse: we are going to film our first video this week and then we'll start to make some press promotion and shows here in Argentina so I'm very anxious about it. About GMC: I'm very happy of working here and I'm trying to do better lessons everyday.
I also would like to make a new instrumental solo album (I did one with my project DFX), and also to compose film music in the style of Danny Elfman and also like Matrix Soundtracks.
I would like to learn lots of different music styles.
Basically I'm making/working/thinking in music at every time so my project is just music music music from here to eternity (Like dickinson says...).

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Mar 14 2008, 04:58 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Mar 14 2008, 09:17 AM
Instructor
Teaching in local music schools, GMC, studio sessions, composing and recording new material as soon as possible.

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 22 2008, 08:29 PM
Singing Instructor
well...I play with my band,not so intense like before..we are traveling with one of ours moust popular rock band from time to time..so we make a little cash from that...but I am working on my first solo album and that is mine "Prime objective" at the time...all so I dream to have my own studio one day and be a producer and recording engenier..
I am saving mony for equipment wright know...my first things to by are studio monitors and midi controller....
but working here at GMC is the best job I ever had...smile.gif

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:04 PM