Drone Metal...pink Floyd Style?!, Cool Project coming up need suggestions
Anastasio123
Jul 14 2007, 08:22 AM
GMC:er
Well a friend of mine is filming an independent movie for a filmography compition at his college and being that its shot in a Draculesque analog black and white medium, he wants me to replicate a kind of Drone Metal Score for the film. And no, there won't be dialogue...

So honestly i need suggestions on good, cliche, or just essential drone metal. I'm unfamiliar with this particular sub-genre but have always wanted to start listening to it.

Any Suggestions?...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jul 19 2007, 11:41 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Sunn O)) are pretty good.. they got me into that gengre yesterday:-D I have added one of theif !!!FREELY DOWNLOADABLE!! (just to prevent issues with moderators) songs to attachements, so you can check, what drone is all about.. generally, its the most depressive kind of music.. next to pop sh**s :-P

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  SNN50_02_It_Took_The_Night_To_Believe.mp3 ( 3.41MB ) Number of downloads: 112

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 19 2007, 11:58 PM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Jul 19 2007, 05:41 PM) *
Sunn O)) are pretty good.. they got me into that gengre yesterday:-D I have added one of theif !!!FREELY DOWNLOADABLE!! (just to prevent issues with moderators) songs to attachements, so you can check, what drone is all about.. generally, its the most depressive kind of music.. next to pop sh**s :-P

does not sound depressing to me. sounds like a sound track to a horror movie, about a mummy or maybe the wolfman, or a vampire.

Too bad, the big era for horror movies like that was in the 40's, these guys were born too late.

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 20 2007, 07:40 AM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Jul 19 2007, 06:41 PM) *

Yea I just discovered them reading the most ghated metal thread. They are really good Drone metal, some of the best ive ever heard, and Ive been looking around A LOT lately...along with them and Sleep is a great Drone metal band too. Although Sleep have actuall songs, not movements of gutteral ambiance music practically made for horror movies.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jul 20 2007, 12:27 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Lol.. I am a bit hyper-sensitive.. so I had nightmares just by listening to it :-D
Thats why I cannot listen to pop and "sweet songs" - I would have cried all day biggrin.gif

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 20 2007, 08:59 PM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Jul 20 2007, 07:27 AM) *
Lol.. I am a bit hyper-sensitive.. so I had nightmares just by listening to it :-D
Thats why I cannot listen to pop and "sweet songs" - I would have cried all day biggrin.gif

Lol, I bet itd be torture to be tied to a chair listening to "Total Eclipse of the Heart" but lol, I dont know how serious you are so that would actually be quite cruel. I still have to laugh tho, that song is so ridiculous! laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 02:21 AM