3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Wich Are Your Guitar Goals For 2008
Zephyr
Dec 12 2007, 06:49 AM
GMC:er
Learn what all those fancy knobs on this thing do. laugh.gif

But really, I don't have a specific goal in mind, I mostly just want to work on improvisation, I would love to able able to just play whatever I hear in my head or am feeling without really thinking about it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
besip
Dec 12 2007, 07:04 AM
Gear: will see i'm not goodd enough to have new stuff rolleyes.gif

Technic:picking,legato,,solo and rythm part of playing{be better biggrin.gif with all posible stuff}

Theory:eeeeeee try to understand rolleyes.gif

Own Style: be able to made some own basic metal solo or rythm music rifs{easi rifs} smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by besip: Dec 12 2007, 07:07 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Dec 12 2007, 08:27 AM
Instructor
Yeah, my basic goal is to leave my job (farmacist) and be only a musician. in January I'm starting to work with an orquestra so I will have some money. Then I'll do more guitar classes and with the GMC lesson I hope I can win more that 1.000 euros a month. It's no a great salary but it's my starting in the professional live biggrin.gif

Gear: by a cheaper acoustic guitar a Marshall or Mesa cabinet and maybe a 7 string guitar (an Ibanez Universe would be great)

Technic: I must improve all techniques, specially my favorit one: 8 fingers tapping biggrin.gif

Theory: well, I'm writing a theory book for my classes smile.gif

Own Style: release my second solo album, my Gothic project with my girlfriend, another Pop project with she (that's only for money tongue.gif) and start my 3rd solo album which I'm thinking to rename "Symphonic Fantasy" or "Vastagos" with lot of colaborations and lot of orquestration. (it's about a vampire's history writed like a OST)

Band: with my metal band I don't know what to do... I wouldn't have too much time but I'd like to play live again biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Razzmatrazz
Dec 12 2007, 08:33 AM
my goals are a bit different.

I`ve just startet up playing again after a long break. These breaks keeps me from develop and improve my guitar play. So GMC clearly got me startet and will keep me going for a loooooong time!

goal 1: Is to avoid any breaks!! and keep on playing!
goal 2: play alot more live.
goal 3: improve my music theory even more (I`m on a highschool were we study music trough the piano)
goal 4: to move my piano theory knowledge into the giutar
goal 5: to acces mgk this summer ( a education were you study your instument.)
goal 6: Ofcouse to hang around here at gmc and learn alot more... Love this site.. !:D

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 12 2007, 09:18 AM
Instructor
Well, I would like to finaly buy a nice Strat guitar. Maybe to change the pickups on my existing guitar. I would like to become even better musician and to finish my master studies too. Get my bands first album live and become raltively famous. Make some money off course and etc... smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 12 2007, 11:14 AM
Lets go fishing!
My Guitar goals for 2008 are quite simple, and that is to carry on going the way I am going now ! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 12 2007, 01:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks for sharing guys! Just keep these goals in mind everyday and you'll(we'll) achieve them. Thanks again for sharing this kind of personal stuff!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Dec 12 2007, 01:31 PM
Hmmm..

Gear: I want the Pod Port or what ever its called that Ivan did a review on for Recording, Looks sweet !

Technique: Probably more legato runs. Continue working on speed picking and sweep picking.

Theory: This is where things are starting to get good ! smile.gif I just got a new guitar teacher and hes very smart theory wise! He knows modes like the back of his hand and im finally starting my modal journey ! biggrin.gif Right now we are doing Modes of the Major Scale in the key of A . I feel like im progressing so fast now with these new playing experiences.smile.gif

Own Style: Write and possibly record some of my own music, and put it on youtube smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 12 2007, 01:37 PM
Instructor
Ok, funny topic:

Gear: finally get my RC7 (the goal can be considered accomplished as i already paid for the axe) and get a good tube amp - possibly even Diamond.

Technique: to get down those insane exercises i have written during this year mainly directed to legato+tapping (no - you haven't seen them yet)

Theory: don't care about theory wink.gif

Own style: want to finish those orchestral/metal songs i've been working on recently, at least 4 of those.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Spartan
Dec 12 2007, 02:10 PM
Okay mine are

Technique:Alternate pick scales effortlessly at 140bpm (16th notes triplets)
I guess that could be done in 1-2 months 3 months maximum.
Get my sweep picking in shape it's already kinda good but needs a little bit of work

Gear : get the Schecter C7FR 7

Theory: I kinda don't care,I already know scales n how they're constructed and I know modes, too.

So, that's about it.

--------------------

Practicing Pavel's Alternate Picking Lesson 4 at: (16th notes triplets)

89BPM 101BPM 110BPM 122BPM <-----Goal
86BPM 98BPM 107BPM 119BPM
83BPM 95BPM 104BPM 116BPM
80BPM 92BPM 101BPM 113BPM
77BPM

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 12 2007, 02:12 PM
Tank had a similar topic but this is more of a long term goal thread and his was a short term goals thread.

Gear: Sell my Ibanez and get a Washburn instead.

Technique: Focus mostly on speed picking, with some legato and tapping as a side dish.

And my biggest goal: Theory and Improvisation, Iv'e started taking lessons with a teacher for the purpose of those two goals alone, so far Iv'e focuse on moving between two diffrent keys using the dorian scales, and learned all the pentatonic shapes, hopefully by July 2008 I'll be more or less familiar with all the modes, won't get stuck in one shape when improvising, and will be able to move between keys smoothly.

Live action: I'm gonna start preforming with my teacher's band soon, just in some pubs improvising over blues songs, my goal is that my first preformance will be in 4 weeks, and that I won't get booed off stage laugh.gif

Own stuff: I'm working on a new piece(SURPRISE it's another guitar ballad) hoping to finish it during the next month, and this time even record it on my own tongue.gif , right now I only got a quarter of it written.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Dec 12 2007, 02:29 PM
My only guitar goal for 2008 is to get close to intermediate
and to get a clearer understanding of music theory.
That's it!

Once I'm there I'll start thinking about gear!
Cheers, Eddie smile.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 12 2007, 02:43 PM
The Dark Canuck
Gear - I'm really happy with the gear I have but I still want to add an Ibanez and a nylon string acoustic to the mix. Also maybe some recording gear so I can share with you guys.

Technique - Well my finger picking is coming along nicely but still needs a bit of work. My AP would also fall into this catagory. Sweeping is the one technique I plan on spending a lot of time learning in the coming months.

Theory - I have not been spending much time on theory lately due to the fact I've had no time for much of anything lately. However I have a few of Andrews lessons printed off and am slowly working through them. I at least hope to have the Intermediate lessons done by the end of 2008...ambitous I know.

Own Style - Well I don't know if I've actually found my "style" yet. It's still a work in progress. But I am working on improvising more as well as listening to different types of music.

I've improved by leaps and bounds since joining GMC and basically for 2008 I just want to continue that trend. There is so much I still need to learn.

This post has been edited by rokchik: Dec 12 2007, 02:44 PM

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Dec 12 2007, 02:49 PM
Instructor
Excellent thread!
Here are mine:

Gear
By July 2008 I'll have a Mesa amp. Not sure which one, but it will be a killer rig. I'm giving myself until then to try them all out and save up enough money...

Technic
I really want to improve my left hand movements. By the end of 2008 my left fingers won't go further than 10 milimeters from the strings. Micromovements to improve speed.

Theory
In 2008 I'll be as comfortable with all the exotic scales as I am with the church modes.

Own Style
By August 2008, my second album Evolving Seeds of Glory will be finally released.

Band
By the end of the year, I'll be touring with Dream Theater.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 12 2007, 02:55 PM
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Dec 12 2007, 03:49 PM) *
Band
By the end of the year, I'll be touring with Dream Theater.

Wait,hold it, WHAT, you'll be touring with Dream Theater, amazing, how did you manage that? ohmy.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 12 2007, 03:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
Gear: Buy a new guitar in January or buy a tube halfstack in march, pedalboard building, new overdrive, tuner, eq, and delay; maybe a small bass amp

technic: getting better in rythm guitar and much better in lead guitar terms:
ap, legato, sweeping and tapping

Theory: learn some scales

Own style: record some ideas of my own on guitar and bass

band: Having my first big gig and form a new, harder band

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
chast
Dec 12 2007, 03:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Gear: Nothing special planned yet, maybe a new practice amp
Technique: Vibrato and faster fingers biggrin.gif
Theory: Oh, I dont like theory that much, but maybe finally learning the pentatonic completely and connecting them fluent tongue.gif
Own Style: Maybe finish a song once wink.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Rodnator
Dec 22 2007, 03:57 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Dec 11 2007, 06:06 PM) *
Mostly to finish my second album,
and to stop smoking too if possible ohmy.gif

Hello Muris, To quit smoking is probably the best goal with the biggest return. I am 43 had smoked for 25 years tried to quit many times and failed. I found, as easy as it is for me to say, That If you really want to quit, "you" absolutely have to want to, not to quit because you are tring to please anyone like a parent or girlfriend but you, it is the highest priority. I look at a picture of my kids and figured it is more important to get the why then the how.. So with that being said, I used the Nicoderm CQ patch to great success. I didn't cut corners. I used 2 weeks of step 1 then 2 weeks of step 2 and so on. It is harder if you are in an enviroment where everybody smokes like a club or bar. But the patch helped me even in those situations. If you are wearing the patch you must not smoke. Well that is my rant and I'm done now. Good luck and best wishes.
Regards,
Rod

--------------------
Electric Guitars : Gibson Les Paul Standard "Raw Power", Fender American Deluxe HSS QMT Stratocaster
Acoustic Guitars : Ovation 1771 LX Balladeer
Effects : Digitech Jammer Looper, Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory, Boss DD-3 delay, Keeley Modded Boss DS-1, Keeley Modded TS-808 Tube Screamer, Keeley compressor, Dunlop CryBaby Wah.
Amps : 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 50 watt Head (all original unmodified Electronics, Complete cosmetic restoration) It is the "Tone of the Gods" 1982 Marshall 1960a JCM 800 4x12 Slant Cabinet

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 22 2007, 04:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rodnator @ Dec 22 2007, 03:57 PM) *
Hello Muris, To quit smoking is probably the best goal with the biggest return. I am 43 had smoked for 25 years tried to quit many times and failed. I found, as easy as it is for me to say, That If you really want to quit, "you" absolutely have to want to, not to quit because you are tring to please anyone like a parent or girlfriend but you, it is the highest priority. I look at a picture of my kids and figured it is more important to get the why then the how.. So with that being said, I used the Nicoderm CQ patch to great success. I didn't cut corners. I used 2 weeks of step 1 then 2 weeks of step 2 and so on. It is harder if you are in an enviroment where everybody smokes like a club or bar. But the patch helped me even in those situations. If you are wearing the patch you must not smoke. Well that is my rant and I'm done now. Good luck and best wishes.
Regards,
Rod

Thanks for the input Rod,guess it's all up to me smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Rodnator
Dec 22 2007, 04:23 PM
Oh yea my goals.. I would like to strive for constant inprovement, through hard work, patience, honest self evaluation and with the help of others.

Gear goals: Well at this point in my life, if I want something bad enough, I just buy it.

Technique: There is not enough room in the forum to list all of the issues I need to improve on. I think I would like to find a skilled, level headed, live teacher to help me improve my technique. I have heard countless times that tone is mostly in your fingers, but I haven't heard it yet.

Theory: I am a reader, I never stop learning and have had many AhHaa moments. You all know what I mean by that. I feel that I am making good progress, and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Overall: I have bits and pieces (those identifing Riffs) of a hundred or so songs that I can play well. I would like to discipline myself to learn the rest of the songs. I think there is a total need for myself to have a working repetrois of many songs. I have felt so wrapped up in scales, and picking, and techniques that I have not paid enough attention to the end goal of MUSIC.

Well there are a lot of goals here for me to work on. time to go to work..

Peace and Good Will to all for the Holidays

Rod

--------------------
Electric Guitars : Gibson Les Paul Standard "Raw Power", Fender American Deluxe HSS QMT Stratocaster
Acoustic Guitars : Ovation 1771 LX Balladeer
Effects : Digitech Jammer Looper, Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory, Boss DD-3 delay, Keeley Modded Boss DS-1, Keeley Modded TS-808 Tube Screamer, Keeley compressor, Dunlop CryBaby Wah.
Amps : 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 50 watt Head (all original unmodified Electronics, Complete cosmetic restoration) It is the "Tone of the Gods" 1982 Marshall 1960a JCM 800 4x12 Slant Cabinet

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:20 PM