Help!, Finish this song
empantheboy
Oct 1 2009, 09:19 PM
GMC:er
Hello all GMC:ers...

Me, my cousine and my girlfriend has done a cover on Eye of the tiger with Survivor.

But i need help with the mixing. I don´t know anything about mixing. Can someone help me with the first step?
I post the track here also unmixed so you can help me!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Eye_of_the_tiger.wma ( 8.97MB ) Number of downloads: 345

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Oct 2 2009, 03:13 PM
Learning Roadie
hey mate..

I dont know much about mixing either, and i am sure a lot of others would be better qualified to answer your question..

However, i do believe that you should record every bit seperately.. Meaning, you should use a DAW like Reaper or Cubase to record your guitar tracks, your drum tracks and your vocal tracks.. Like a track for each instrument..

In the DAW you then mix your song, meaning (and this is just what i think.. i may be wrong) but what i do, is turn the volume UP on the guitar when there's a solo.. turn it down when the verse is there, and generally just "mixing it" to fit my needs.. making sure that all instruments are heard equally when they are supposed to and boost certain instruments in parts where it's needed.. solos etc.

I haven't heard your take since i dont have music on my workstation, but i hope you got the general idea..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bluezman
Oct 3 2009, 02:05 AM
zion is right. If you have the individual tracks in wav form I will mix it for you for free. I am not the greatest, but I can make it sound tons better than what you have now, and any chance I get to mix others music is a plus for me, more practice. So if you have the individual tracks, pm me and I can tell you where to upload them so I can use them. If you only have the one track with everything on it, it limits the things that can be done, because of frequencies.

+Quote Post
empantheboy
Oct 3 2009, 10:47 AM
That would be great!
thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:17 AM