What Was Your First Recording?, Post it here! (video AND audio welcome)
thefireball
Sep 12 2010, 04:48 AM
Learning Roadie
Here is my first guitar video ever! My first recording ever! biggrin.gif
I was so bad! laugh.gif

How about you? wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
JamesT
Sep 12 2010, 06:01 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
That's a pretty cool video. You should keep it forever man. Keep all of your recordings for sure. It will be fun to look back on them after a few years. I remember doing my very first recording and it was kind of like that. Just some chords on an acoustic. I was playing the tape kind of loud when my dad came into the room and said "turn that electronic crap off". That really made my day (not!) cause to me it sounded like a symphony. I wish I still had that tape.

Below is the first serious recording of a full song that I ever did. At least I kept this one, though it had to go through a few transitions from cassette to CD and then to MP3. Keep in mind that this was after I had been playing about 5 years so I had shown much improvement since my first recording ever. I kind of like the song and am thinking about re-recording it. Back then I was going for a Pink Floyd kind of sound believe it or not. ... I was way off, tongue.gif but it doesn't sound too bad..

Attached File  01_No_Loves_Die.mp3 ( 3.07MB ) Number of downloads: 325

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 12 2010, 07:57 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
First thing I recorded, Funny to see what this song is today compared to what it was six years ago laugh.gif

Did this one when I was 14.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  RS.MP3 ( 5.34MB ) Number of downloads: 225

+Quote Post
OzRob
Sep 12 2010, 12:49 PM
GMC:er
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songI...;songID=6898225

I intend to go back and rerecord this one properly some day. smile.gif

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 12 2010, 01:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
I guess this is my oldest recording. My vibrato is so horrible... Recorded it for a contest. I guess I had played for about 3 years, which at the time I didn't know the name of a single chord tongue.gif smile.gif I might have some older recordings on my computer, but I'm not entierly sure if they are older than this one tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Sep 12 2010, 01:35 PM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 13 2010, 04:08 PM
Learning Roadie
These are nice, guys! smile.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Sep 13 2010, 04:55 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Unfortually my first video is gone but i remember that it was the song Carousel by Axel Rudi pell and i played it in standard tuning even thoght it shoul have benn played half step down......... It sounded really awful

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Sep 13 2010, 05:05 PM
Instructor
hahaha, this a very good idea! I have to rip down some old cassettes or VHS! but I think I can find something!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 14 2010, 12:37 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (superize @ Sep 13 2010, 10:55 AM) *
Unfortually my first video is gone but i remember that it was the song Carousel by Axel Rudi pell and i played it in standard tuning even thoght it shoul have benn played half step down......... It sounded really awful

Well perhaps you can provide your oldest recording you can find? wink.gif

QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Sep 13 2010, 11:05 AM) *
hahaha, this a very good idea! I have to rip down some old cassettes or VHS! but I think I can find something!

Can't wait to hear it! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 14 2010, 03:00 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Very cool thread! Interesting to hear how everyone sounds now verses then.

My first time at recording (or having something I played recored) was hear at GMC about 3yrs ago. I joined David W's Brian May collab. A great expereince (somewhat stressful at the time though laugh.gif ) and I new then that recording my playing and hearing it back was going to be the next step to becoming a better guitar player.

You know what I mean, right! Great recordings everyone! smile.gif

Attached File  Brian_May_collab_WBT_Final.mp3 ( 518.45K ) Number of downloads: 158

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Sep 14 2010, 03:01 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
maharzan
Sep 14 2010, 04:43 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I used to record some on Cassette Tapes back then but I don't have anything now. For a studio record, I did record guitar parts for my friend while I was in school. It was pretty exciting.. Digital recording was just coming out but we had to record full lead section at once. They didn't have computers but the screen was on the mixture and I think they couldn't zoom out as you can in computers nowadays to edit small details.

This is my first instrumental composition back in 1997, recorded only in 2007 (everything was done at home except mixing). Tones are too harsh.. forgive me.

http://nissim.com.np/albums/swatantrata/memories-97.mp3

And this is my first cover I was actually able to do completely in 2009.. smile.gif I had Mbox 2 Pro and Macbook Pro to record myself (hoping a better one) at home. I have been using it since then.

This post has been edited by maharzan: Sep 14 2010, 04:46 AM

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 14 2010, 05:18 AM
Instructor
so, here is something special for you guys, this was like 6-7 years ago i guess, one of my first gigs ever, sorry the bad vocals, the extra beer and the sticker guitar!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
maharzan
Sep 14 2010, 05:29 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
You seem to be having quite much of fun in there... adrian. wink.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Sep 14 2010, 12:14 PM
Jazz Instructor
Uh, I can' t find that wav file, but it was recorded 9 years ago when I started, some arpeggiated open chords, it was very easy and slow, but it sounded good, recorded with cheap PC mic. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 16 2010, 04:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Sep 14 2010, 05:18 AM) *
so, here is something special for you guys, this was like 6-7 years ago i guess, one of my first gigs ever, sorry the bad vocals, the extra beer and the sticker guitar!

that was pretty cool Adrian! nice energy!

My first recording must've sucked a lot, it was done on tape I remember, on those boom boxes....nice times, hehehe

but thank God for DAWs

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 13 2010, 01:50 AM
Learning Roadie
*bump*

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:02 PM