2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Ukraine Tribute Song, My band's tribute to people fighting for their freedom
AK Rich
Mar 2 2014, 06:01 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 1 2014, 02:59 PM) *
Weird things are happening. I was tracking most of news today. Hope it's not gonna go bigger then it's now...

Agreed, The more I read about these recent events and the history of Ukraine, it looks increasingly complicated and seems to be about much more than the generalization that part of the country wants to align itself with the European Union and another part wants to align itself with Russia.
It seems to go much deeper than that and I am not going to pretend to understand it all at this point. I also think that the US needs to be very careful as to how it gets involved or if it should get involved at all. But that seems to hinge on how Russia proceeds from here on out and how the rest of the world reacts. I can only hope the issues can be resolved without further hardships to the Ukrainian people. Or any people for that matter.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 2 2014, 12:34 PM
Instructor
The problem is when 2 colosal empires like Russia and U.S.A get involved in any conflicts, it all smells very bad. Ukraine is our neighbuor country. I'm afraid if something goes wrong we will feel this as well...God; keep us away from the World War III sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 2 2014, 12:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 2 2014, 12:34 PM) *
The problem is when 2 colosal empires like Russia and U.S.A get involved in any conflicts, it all smells very bad. Ukraine is our neighbuor country. I'm afraid if something goes wrong we will feel this as well...God; keep us away from the World War III sad.gif

well, Russia is all ready involved, so if they do invade further,what is there to do .I don' think We will get invovled,but Putin is ex KGB , and what we know from experience is they tell you one thing to cover up what they are really doing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 2 2014, 02:40 PM
Instructor
Unfortunately, I noticed some news about Russia's intentions... They have a big base near the Black Sea - about 16000 men, frigates and other warships... I don't even want to think about it as Ucraine is our direct northern neighbor..

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 3 2014, 09:58 AM
Instructor
Same with Poland. I'm sacred if something happens there, it will affect Poland as well sad.gif As I've seen in the news Putin doesn't care much about EU opinion....

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 3 2014, 03:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 3 2014, 08:58 AM) *
Same with Poland. I'm sacred if something happens there, it will affect Poland as well sad.gif As I've seen in the news Putin doesn't care much about EU opinion....

I'd so get rid of all these political sharks... all of them. This world is going down because of the petty interests of some men which think they are above everything and everyone. Time is the only thing that is above everything and everyone. Why not leave something that will stand the test of time, instead of wanting to destroy things?

+Quote Post
Palacios
Mar 3 2014, 05:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Don't worry. Team America world police will protect them. biggrin.gif We all saw what Bush's response was in Georgia. I honestly think the US should stay the hell out of this conflict. This is not our fight. If Europe gets threatened; thats a different story. I seriously doubt this will turn into a major conflict involving the rest of the Ukraine. If anything Crimea will become a "frozen territory" similar to North Cyprus, South Ossetia, Abkhazia. This is basically when someone calls a time out during a conflict. Russia doesn't have a warm water port; so Crimea provides them their only port for their Black Sea fleet. For them it's a matter of national security. Where else are they gonna put their ships? The problem for them is that this is a very unstable region. Even though the area is majority Russian; there's a lot of Muslim extremists there to. After all it is in the Caucus region. This could prove very costly for them. The Ukraine couldn't secure this region, and Russia sure as hell won't either.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 3 2014, 06:12 PM
GMC:er
Selected history of the region ... http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?u...=crimean%20wars

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/143040/Crimean-War
http://history1800s.about.com/od/europeanw...rimeanwar01.htm
http://www.amazon.com/Charge-Light-Brigade...n/dp/0307665003
http://www.amazon.com/Hell-Riders-Story-Ch...e/dp/0805077227

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:53 AM