2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What String Do You Use
Joe Kataldo
Feb 29 2008, 05:12 PM
Instructor
Hi there, I've tried all brand of strings from made in USA to China: as a result what I like most is Daddario 010 - 46 what do you thing of this strings? What brand do you use? And Why?

Let's Discuss!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 29 2008, 05:18 PM
GMC:er
Sorry to break this to you, but there's a couple of threads on this already... wink.gif
Anyhoo, I currently use 9-42 D'Addario XL's. I bought a 25 pack of them, so they should last me for some time.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Feb 29 2008, 05:22 PM
Instructor
I used the search function, and I didn't find any ohmy.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 29 2008, 05:28 PM
Instructor
D'Addario 9-42 here as well smile.gif I tried Dean Markley's, Fender and something else (forgot the name) - liked D'Addario the most so far. Still planning to get GHS Boomers and Ernie Ball to give them a shot.

Why D'Addario? They somehow just feel right under the fingers, last pretty long and are simply comfortable for me.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 29 2008, 05:31 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Ernie Ball Super Slinkys 9-42, used to use Dean Markleys but found them hard to get hold of, tried a set of EB`s and just liked them, I`m not so sure that they keep their tone for too long to be honest, but mainly just use them out of habit now.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Robin
Feb 29 2008, 05:35 PM
Elixir 0.10 - 0.47 (both on acoustic and electric)

I some times use thicker as well.

The reason i use elixir is because i have NEVER EVER gotten ANY dirt or rust on Elixir strings at all. They sound excellent and have a great durability.
I once tried some cheaper GHS strings. They got full of filth the first day, and the second day 2 strings broke.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 29 2008, 05:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
I tried every bigger brand, they are all good. I only disliked Ghs Strings. Ernie Balls 10-46 or 10-52 or even 11-54 for downtnings work best for me. They last long and have the best ''Rock'' tone.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 29 2008, 06:23 PM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 23 2011, 11:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Feb 29 2008, 06:27 PM
I use Ernie Bell Power Slinky 11-48. Good strings.

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Feb 29 2008, 06:53 PM
Instructor
here in Italy the only string that are really "Fresh" are the daddario I think duo to the plastic bag and envelope, sometime I get ernieball with rust, I've tried ghs, they sound a little Lifeless to me

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 29 2008, 07:00 PM
I basically use whatever is available and in the gauge I want, but ceteris paribus (with everything else the same) I would choose D'addario because they are the most consistent in my experience.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 29 2008, 07:46 PM
Instructor
I've been DR fan for a long time.
Recently I started with Elixir tho,think I'm loving it. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
rokchik
Feb 29 2008, 08:18 PM
The Dark Canuck
Elixir 10-46 are what I use. I love everything about them, feel, tone and durability. Great strings.

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 29 2008, 08:24 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I use 9-42 d'addario's .. i bought a set Elixer strings smile.gif gonna try it someday ..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 29 2008, 08:25 PM
Instructor
I use D'addario or Magma. 010.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
chast
Feb 29 2008, 08:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Ernie Ball 009-046 here smile.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 29 2008, 08:36 PM
Lets go fishing!
I just got a neat little parcel arrive with many many packs of Ernie Ball Slinks today biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 29 2008, 10:09 PM
Instructor
mmm I use webstrings, hehehehe, the cheapers strings tongue.gif (www.webstrings.com)
I need to save money, hehe.
and I use 008... I love bestial bends !!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Feb 29 2008, 10:50 PM
Instructor
i use Yamaha extra light it has a good sustain

+Quote Post
Gen
Feb 29 2008, 10:56 PM
I use Dean Markley 9-46 smile.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:11 PM