> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Toto (the early days), Lesson By Guido Bungenstock
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Manu RASSE
Apr 4 2016, 04:39 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Original lesson: Toto (the early days) by Guido Bungenstock

Hello Guido, Gab, Darius, Ben and all GMCer. This lesson is hard I work above for months. I am not capable of doing better, I shall make a new REC by a few months. I harmonized sequences 00 " 36 - 00 " 44 ' and the final notes. I gave the best of me. Thank you for your precious advices, Thx my Mentor Gab

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 6 2016, 03:11 PM
Instructor
I love to listen to excellent job done by Gab with his students in the mentoring threads. You are really close with this one.
It's very good you can spot some issues by yourself - I'm sure you exactly know which spots of those faster licks need more work - those are not precise yet. Also I can hear that you not always reach the pitch while bending. There are visible timing issues but it's cleary a lack of confidence to cause them - you still hesitate where to place the fingers at some points.

You have worked out a grea touch and dynamics controls. I see you're now trying to reach even more, and you dig into stuff that is even more dense. Working with such a stuff is not much different than things you did before. Bsasic difference is....you really have to 100% load all faster licks into your muscle memory (with phrasing lessons you had more time to wonder on where to place the fingers). Only when you reach that point, you will be able to 100% focus on the dynamics and timing control itself smile.gif

Of course you're take is far from being bad - we only discuss the details that would help to make it sound even better smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 7 2016, 10:06 AM
Instructor
Hi man, this is pretty good! Overall I think your tone works well for the lesson - just the right amount of gain too.

Your bending sounds quite precise here too, I know Darius referenced it but I didn't notice anything that sounded out.

The main points for improvement would be timing. Your timing is always good anyway but there's a lot of different stuff going on in this lesson and some of the tougher runs are testing your timing to its limits here so this leads me into my next point...

The fast / complex licks. I notice that you've always slightly had issues with licks that use quick hammer-ons / pull-offs and licks that use slides. For example, the hammer/pull that should occur at 0:32 sounds more lick a pull-off but without the hammer-on that precedes it. The final descending run also sounds a little lacking in note clarity / timing.

So it's just a case of keep practising the harder stuff, because you're tackling harder lessons now. This is going to be the case anyway. You;ve done a great job!

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Apr 7 2016, 10:17 AM
Instructor
Hi MisterM,
THX for uploading your version! ;-)

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2016, 10:11 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!

You are a really hard worker and this takes shows it. It's not an easy lesson and I can say that you are very close to master it. As we've been talking at the mentioning thread, the lesson needs some more practice in order to polish those elements that also Ben and Darius marked (bending, timing), but I know that you are on the right track, so keep on this way.

See you at the mentoring thread!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 13 2016, 01:04 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:48 AM