> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 55 56 57 58 59 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Mar 8 2017, 09:38 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks for your comments Gab,

I'm glad my thinking is on the right track. work is killing my time this week, only managing to get my exercises done and the collab thing. I really need to try to get more dynamics into my collab takes, everything is the same monotonous level.

I recorded this last night but didn't get chance to post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTVqlk_yl2k

I managed it at 96bpm (80%) this evening but didn't have time to make a video.

Cheers Gab

Phil

UPDATE:
I got THIS but I'm going to try not to be like a kid in a sweet shop with it. I'm going to get used to it slowly and NOT let it encroach on my practise too much. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 9 2017, 08:50 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2017, 11:49 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Congrats on the new piece of gear!! I'm sure that it will bring lots of inspiration! smile.gif I haven't tried it but I've heard good things about it so I'm sure that you don't regret buying it.

Your left hand looks much better on the new vid! Good job!

Regarding dynamics, I think that the new pedal board is a good excuse to improve your tone, and get the most of it by improving your dynamics and overall performance.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 10 2017, 10:31 PM
Thanks Gab,

I'm glad my left hand looks better to you. I had a night of playing with my new toy, had to get it out of my system so I can now start using it properly.

I love this Atomic Amplifire 12, it's great. I recorded some sample tones HERE and also put a video of the formidable Rabea Masaad checking it out HERE. He does it more justice than I do biggrin.gif

Anyway, regarding my exercises from your ITC, should I stick with the current one or start another one? I haven't been working on the Jack White lesson much because each time I try I still can't get it right so I've been concentrating on my exercises.

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2017, 03:08 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, nice to know that you are enjoying the new piece of gear! smile.gif

I think that it's a good plan to keep on advancing with the ITC exercises since the most advanced exercises are more related to the issue that you are having. By the way, don't forget the previous ones. Practice them at least some minutes every day before you focus on the ones that you are working.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 11 2017, 10:26 PM
Will do Gab,

I just don't want my whole time taken up with exercises, I'm not doing much more than exercises at the moment, don't forget work is killing my time. Also this evening we had a very long power cut in our area, I had to practise in the dark on my acoustic laugh.gif The acoustic is a good gym for the hands smile.gif

Cheers buddy.

UPDATE:
I've got the blues mate sad.gif , I've just tried to play the Jack White lesson and I'm worse than ever. Been neglecting it with the exercises but I need to do the exercises to get on better in the lesson, it's "catch 22". I'll be back on it tomorrow if I don't work late. I'll be glad in three weeks time when my lad gets back to work. It's a real struggle even though everyone is pulling together.

Cheers buddy, you know I do as much as I can with fitting work, wife and life in wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 12 2017, 10:39 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2017, 10:46 PM
Instructor
Yes, I know!

Your post made me think that it would be better if you dedicate more time to the lesson than to the exercises. The lesson should be the main thing, and the exercises the complement to master the lesson.

It you are focusing on exercises, and your playing on the lesson gets worse, we are going on the wrong direction. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 13 2017, 08:41 AM
Thanks Gab,

I need to do the exercises to improve the lesson, if I spend time on the lesson I don't do the exercises as much. As I'm not getting much time at the moment I've been concentrating on the exercises. I think the main reason I couldn't play the lesson is more down to memory, I probably haven't played it in a week or more. I am getting better at the exercises though smile.gif

I'll try to be more strict, currently I might only get half an hour and that just disappears into thin air. I think, whatever time I get I should devote 30% to exercises and the rest to the Jack White lesson and leave the Darius lesson on the back burner until things settle down at work.

What do you think?

Cheers buddy.

UPDATE:
Ok, as you know I've got an Atomic Amplifire 12. Tonight I tried to match my tone to yours. I think it's quite close without spending hours on it. I spent around 10 minutes trying to match it, obviously different guitars and things make it more difficult but I think it's in the ball park. Any tips? This thing is a beast but more tricky than the Boss units I've always had, for instance there are 30 knobs in the echo block blink.gif There are even 11 knobs in the reverb section rolleyes.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/tone

Cheers buddy.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 13 2017, 09:59 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 14 2017, 08:05 PM
Instructor
Hey Phil! The 30%/70% is a good plan, go for it.

I love how your new device sounds! The tone is not exactly the same ( I think that maybe you are not using a Fuzz Pedal emulation), however it sounds GREAT! So it's ok if you used. I'm impressed of how fast you could get a great tone.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 14 2017, 09:50 PM
Thanks Gab,

I didn't have the screamer on, I don't have the unit on the floor, I'm going to control it with my Boss GT-100 via midi. The Boss has some useful effects for the Creativity Workshop if that comes back. I'm just waiting for the midi cables to arrive. Below is the same patch that I created but I've added Tube Screamer. Do you switch the Tube Screamer on at 0:28? Is that what you mean by the "second riff"?

I had another short session Gab but I'll never give up. At the end I had a couple of minutes adjusting the tone. I was using an ir that was a blend of a Marshall 412 loaded with 25 watt Celestion Greenbacks and an EVH 212 cab. I've now changed to a Fender Deluxe cab and made some changes to the settings in there.
ROLLOFF (kHz): Adjusts a high frequency rolloff filter corner frequency to help tame
cabinet impulses that have too much high end. Adjust down to cut off more highs or
adjust up for less rolloff.

PEAK Q: Adjust the peaking of the rolloff filter. The peak is a bump in the frequency
response just before rolloff. A lower value of PEAK Q means less peak. Smooth (no
peak) values are between 0.5 and 1.0. High peaking values are between 1.0 and 5.0.
BOTTOM (dB): Adjust the bottom end shelf of the cabinet model. Use this to reduce
cabinet models with too much low end woof or increase to warm up cabinets that
sound too thin.

AIR (dB): Adjust the upper top end frequencies of the cabinet model. Use to add more
sparkle and brilliance to cabinet models that sound too dull or dark.

LEVEL (dB): Adjust the output level of the cabinet model. Some impulses have a
different perceived loudness than others. Use this parameter to help balance the level
of a cabinet model with your amp model.

I think the Pareto Priciple applies with tone matching. You get pretty close pretty quickly then the final detail takes forever lol

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/tone-2

Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 15 2017, 09:18 PM
Hello Gab,

Further to above post. I can't believe it, my wife and I have just got back from the hospital. My mom has been taken in again. Same as the last few times but this time she is worse. It never rains but it pours. We don't know how long this will be for, last time she was going to be in for days then they sent her out next day because they needed the bed. Hopefully they can make sure she is fit and well this time, she has been rushed in and out since October.

I'll keep at it as much as my time and mind can allow mate. The forces that control the universe seem to be against me all the time!!

Cheers

Phil

P.S Glad you like the T-shirt smile.gif

UPDATE:

Nothing done tonight, late back from the hospital sad.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 16 2017, 10:13 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2017, 11:25 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I'm sorry about your mother's recent months issues. I hope that she can get better soon. All my best wishes. Don't worry about the practice. She needs you.

About the tone, yeah, it seems endless, but the great news is that your overall tone has improved A LOT, comparing this new samples with the previous ones. The new audio seems that you have too much gain. I would try with less gain from your screamer or amp...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 17 2017, 10:35 AM
Thanks Gab,

Thanks for your kind words about my mom smile.gif

That's an interesting comment about the gain. This Atomic is very good and I'm learning a lot about how amps and cabs interact with each other, I think the fact that I had a different cab ir might have made it seem like there is more gain but maybe the Fender Deluxe cab distorts more at the same gain levels. I will turn down the gain on the screamer though, the lamp was set the same. It's all very interesting and I'm looking forward to my ear impertinent to notice the subtle nuances; well to me they are subtle but to someone with your ear they may be huge. It's probably like me making and measuring things to +/- .003mm (a hair on your head is at least ten times thicker than that). Other people can't believe it's possible or necessary wink.gif

Do you switch the Tube Screamer on at 0:28? Is that what you mean by the "second riff"

Cheers buddy

UPDATE:

Mom is out of hospital now, I really hope they haven't got her out too early. We need to find out what keeps causing these attacks every few weeks, she can hardly breath when she goes in and they keep saying it is pneumonia and send her out with anti-biotics. Not good enough I don't think!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I should be back on track tomorrow, so long as she is ok.

Cheers Gab

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 17 2017, 10:12 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 20 2017, 08:59 AM
Hello Gab,

Further to above posts.

I'm getting back into it now, last week was a curve ball I didn't need, but that's life. For some reason the events of last week, on top of the current work situation which is draining me, I have lost motivation to dig into my lessons. Over the weekend I was noodling on the guitar except for THIS (my piece is below Todd's comments).

Last night I did play the Jack White lesson but I've gone backwards, probably due to the lack of time and the amount of stress I'm currently getting. I only managed 70% speed and that wasn't clean.

Anyway, I'll soldier on, hopefully the flame will re-ignite soon, it's not really in my nature to get demoralised but sometimes it does happen.

Cheers buddy.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 20 2017, 02:01 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil,

Nice to know that you mom is at home now. smile.gif

That's a VERY tasty reggae solo! The note choices and the rhythm are GREAT! I'm impressed of how close to a top level guitarist it sounds! I think that with some more use of vibrato, and dynamics, this would be a professional guitarist take. smile.gif

About the Tube Screamer, yes, I usually set it with very low gain, just to give the tone some "shape", sustain, and a bit of compression.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 20 2017, 09:55 PM
Thanks Gab,

Man, you're too kind smile.gif I thought my reggae solo was overly simplistic.

I'm getting my mojo back a little bit now, can you just explain what you mean by "riff 2" in this comment in the notes about the Jack White lesson please? smile.gif " I activated the tube screamer emulation for the solo and riff 2". Is riff 2 at 0:28? Sorry for my lack of brains rolleyes.gif

Cheers buddy.

I'll be back ph34r.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 21 2017, 02:05 PM
Instructor
Yes! That's Riff 2. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 21 2017, 10:04 PM
Thanks Gab,

I wasn't quite sure as to what you were calling the 2nd riff as there are a few different things before that wink.gif

I'm buzzing tonight, back into my lessons BIG style.

I can play the Jack White at 80%, at 90% my index finger struggles to go to the 7th fret on the D string (A) for some reason, I think I might try rolling onto it. What do you think? It's fine at 80% speed though.

ANYWAY, I AM BACK AND ON IT AND SMILING WHILE I PLAY smile.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LODkVkpaVQA

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 21 2017, 10:19 PM
Instructor
I'm listening to the song while answering and I have a very happy vibe! hahaha laugh.gif You can't avoid an smile with this melody and groove.

80% sounds like a good achievement! Try rolling onto it and tell me what happens.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 21 2017, 10:47 PM
Thanks Gab,

I always keep that song in my head when times are hard, it's a good sentiment to keep you going through a tough patch.

I forgot to put the tab to show where I falter, it's the same place as before, that 7th fret on the D string.

E|--------------------------------|
B|--------------------------------|
G|--------------------------------|
D|---------------------------7-9--|
A|---------------------7-8-9------|
E|--7--7-7-5-7--7-7-10------------|

I'll try rolling into it and if that doesn't work I'll master it at 80% so i CANT make a mistake playing it three times in a row and I'll increase by 1bpm at a time.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 22 2017, 03:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I'm not sure why this is giving issues. Is it related to the 7 to 10 stretch?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 55 56 57 58 59 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:41 AM