2 Pages V   1 2 >  
One On One Lessons...
David Wallimann
Jul 3 2007, 09:58 PM
Instructor
Hi!
I was wondering if GMC will have any more one on one lessons...
If so, would that section ever be open for new lesson submissions?
I think students might like it, and it might be easier for instructors to prepare the lessons...
What do you think Kris?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 3 2007, 10:05 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Jul 3 2007, 03:58 PM) *
Hi!
I think students might like it, and it might be easier for instructors to prepare the lessons...
What do you think Kris?

Totally agree...Especially with Wallimans teaching style (intros in beginning). I think that if David were to develop a lesson with a full one on one style format, that it would be beneficial to both his style and our (the students) learning. If he were able to play a riff, talk about it, slow it down, and elaborate on anything that relates to the riff, he would have gotten his point across very well...Great idea Walliman! laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 3 2007, 10:28 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Jul 3 2007, 10:58 PM) *
Hi!
What do you think Kris?

+1

And I will stubbornly suggest a progressive rhythm lesson. If there are any instructor takers a 1o1 15-20 minutes session would be teriffic!

+Quote Post
Boggi
Jul 3 2007, 10:42 PM
I agree cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 3 2007, 10:58 PM
This would be a great idea.

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 3 2007, 11:08 PM
this is a great idea! im up for it.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 3 2007, 11:23 PM
Great Idea.

Might I add it fits right in with Wallimans style. Gmc would be 50 % better if we had more 1 on 1 lessons.
And weve yet to have a "Real " Rhythm lesson. I think the perfect 1 on 1 lesson would be a cool chord progression, into a lead solo type thing. That way you hit both sides of guitar playing. smile.gif biggrin.gif

- J0hNnNnN

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jul 3 2007, 11:56 PM
I'm in, I've been waiting for 101 lessons for a loooooong time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jul 5 2007, 02:50 PM
Instructor
I would love to do that.
Teaching and talking is so much easier for me I think!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Jul 5 2007, 03:36 PM
Count me in on that too!! Much prefer the one on one lesson format.

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
dk2
Jul 5 2007, 03:45 PM
yeah more 1o1 chris lessons are good

but i would like if pavel made one to biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 5 2007, 03:47 PM
Whatever works best for you Walliman!
We will love it regardless.

-John laugh.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
aerohit
Jul 5 2007, 04:48 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 4 2007, 03:53 AM) *
Great Idea.
Might I add it fits right in with Wallimans style. Gmc would be 50 % better if we had more 1 on 1 lessons.
And weve yet to have a "Real " Rhythm lesson. I think the perfect 1 on 1 lesson would be a cool chord progression, into a lead solo type thing. That way you hit both sides of guitar playing. smile.gif biggrin.gif

- J0hNnNnN

Couldn't agree more.

--------------------
If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.

-Vincent Van Gogh

+Quote Post
steve25
Jul 5 2007, 05:22 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 3 2007, 11:23 PM) *
Great Idea.

- J0hNnNnN

Totally agree we need more rhythm playing! Chord progressions rock and metal rhythm and stuff would be cool. It's good to have riffs but i think we could with some actual rhythm some rhythm with lead would be good like metal rhythm playing with single notes as well to get a kind of melodic style just stuff like that

+Quote Post
dk2
Jul 5 2007, 05:32 PM
or at least one 1o1 video from every guy that have done a video tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 5 2007, 06:52 PM
QUOTE (steve25 @ Jul 5 2007, 08:22 AM) *
Totally agree we need more rhythm playing! Chord progressions rock and metal rhythm and stuff would be cool. It's good to have riffs but i think we could with some actual rhythm some rhythm with lead would be good like metal rhythm playing with single notes as well to get a kind of melodic style just stuff like that

Yeah like I mean dont get me wrong I love lead and everything , yet I just need some basic rhythm to back it up. But I think the perfect combo would be rhythm and lead maybe in a metal, rock, or possibly blues tone.
Judging by gabriel's last rock lesson, I def. want more of those smile.gif

-John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
steve25
Jul 5 2007, 06:56 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 5 2007, 06:52 PM) *
Yeah like I mean dont get me wrong I love lead and everything , yet I just need some basic rhythm to back it up. But I think the perfect combo would be rhythm and lead maybe in a metal, rock, or possibly blues tone.
Judging by gabriel's last rock lesson, I def. want more of those smile.gif
-John

Yeah absolutely and same with me i love lead there's nothing like a nice guitar solo and stuff but we are abandoning rhythm which is just as important and i think equally as difficult especially when it comes to coming up with good ideas. I'm not talking just basic power chords that these little rock bands do i mean proper decent rhythm smile.gif. Would be cool to see some stuff like that maybe a rhythm section with lessons about it

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 5 2007, 11:00 PM
QUOTE (steve25 @ Jul 5 2007, 09:56 AM) *
Yeah absolutely and same with me i love lead there's nothing like a nice guitar solo and stuff but we are abandoning rhythm which is just as important and i think equally as difficult especially when it comes to coming up with good ideas. I'm not talking just basic power chords that these little rock bands do i mean proper decent rhythm smile.gif. Would be cool to see some stuff like that maybe a rhythm section with lessons about it

Yepp, enough talk ! Lets take steps to get more rhythm lessons here at Gmc.

- John biggrin.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
AliMo
Jul 5 2007, 11:36 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 3 2007, 06:23 PM) *
I think the perfect 1 on 1 lesson would be a cool chord progression, into a lead solo type thing. That way you hit both sides of guitar playing. smile.gif biggrin.gif

I was thinking the exact same thing, this would be an awesome addition to the site.

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG4EX1 - Schecter Spitfire-6

Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 30W

Effects: PodXT Live

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 6 2007, 09:23 AM
GMC Founder
About the 101 format - the way I see it:

Cons:

* It is not upported by our lesson uploading interface. huh.gif Sorry, lesson interface is the reason why we have one update per day now instead of one per week.

* A good 101 lesson requires quite a bit from the instructor (good language, teaching experience, better video editing capabilities). With our current lesson format if you're a good guitarist, you will most likely be able to do great lessons.

In other words ist is much harder to guarantee high quality standards - even though I am quite sure most of our current instructors could make a good one.

Pros

* Possiblity of more thouroughly explanations for the instructors use to live teaching

* "Feels" more like a live 101 lesson

My suggestion - for the near future let's stick to the current lesson format. However, for those teachers who want to go for the 101 format we can add the possibility of including a longer intro video.

As it is now instructors get a little bonus for a short 101 intro-spoken-video (such as the ones David Wallimann, Pavel and Roo have done recently) - but we can work out a better comission for a longer such video.

This would in other words be a compromise. smile.gif

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:07 PM