> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Philm's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2015, 04:51 PM
Instructor
I don't think that you should increase tempo, it's better to be able to master them at this tempo first and then increase it gradually. This style comes from Thrash and Hardcore so working on some easier rhythm thrash metal lesson could be a good idea to get used to this type of riffs.

So the plan: focusing on trickier part and starting some new lessons is a god idea but please don't go for higher level ones since I think that these ones are over your current level.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
philm
Mar 30 2015, 08:31 PM
GMC:er
Thanks for the feedback again, I will keep working on these two lessons at this tempo. I did realize these lessons were a above my level but metalcore is one of my favorite styles of music which was why I was so eager to get onto them wink.gif I was rather thinking of learning something easier alongside these lessons as I don't want to get frustrated!

Rather than learning another lesson I thought perhaps of doing a cover of a whole song. I thought of learning a punk song by Lagwagon called automatic. I have tabs and backing tracks for this lesson and I started learning it a long time ago but never finished it of. Here is the track i mean below.

So this is what my new plan could look like.

Rhythm

Metalcore
BMTH(mainly riffs 2,3,4) 15mins
ADTR(mainly riffs 1,3) 15mins

Punk
Rise Against (15mins)
Lagwagon Automatic Song(15mins)

Techniques
Vibrato Odyssey(10mins)
String Bending(10mins)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2015, 06:57 PM
Instructor
That's a great track! I like this band. I think that this is a very good idea. Feel free to share here a video of you playing the parts that you've learn after some days of work. In the last days I've been listening a lot to Rise Against and Bad Religion, I could add Lagwagon to the list, and maybe work on a lesson.... cool.gif

The plan looks great, go for it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Apr 1 2015, 04:06 PM
Glad you like the idea! Lagwagon are great, have you listened to their "newish" album Hang? That's one of the best punk records I have heard for a while. That what be awesome if you did a Lagwagon lesson biggrin.gif.
I starting learning the track today, I already attempted this lesson a long time ago but didn't managed it but since I have learned a few of your punk lessons it might be easier now. I will post video as soon as I am ready, I am away for the next few days over Easter but will get back to it after that.

I also have a cubase question. I only have a backing track of the Lagwagon song at full speed is it possible to change the tempo in Cubase? I need it a bit slower to start off.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2015, 01:35 PM
Instructor
Hi Philm, thanks for recommending that album. I'm listening to it right now. wink.gif

Yes, you can slow down backing's tempo in Cubase. You have to go to audio - process - time stretch. Try it and let me know if it works. There is also a very useful tool called "Amazing Slow Downer" that is very cool for this:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Apr 6 2015, 03:56 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 2 2015, 12:35 PM) *
Yes, you can slow down backing's tempo in Cubase. You have to go to audio - process - time stretch. Try it and let me know if it works. There is also a very useful tool called "Amazing Slow Downer" that is very cool for this:

Thanks Gab that works fine for slowing the tracks down. Maybe by Wednesday I will have new takes on the metalcore lessons and the beginning of the Lagwagon song.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2015, 01:33 PM
Instructor
Hi Philm, thanks for the update. I'll wait for your news.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Apr 9 2015, 07:42 PM
Hey Gab, So here are the new takes. First to the two metalcore lessons. I am not happy with these takes yet, there are still mistakes at this tempo but I think I have got the tab right at least now. Tone is also a little messed up on thees takes for some reason. I am still struggling on the same parts so I will just keep at it.

A Day To Remember

BMTH

I have already learned quite a few parts to the Lagwagon song automatic. Here is a very rough take below. The parts I can't play yet I left out and I messed up near end so I cut the video off short.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJOPBmoXBfM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2015, 01:43 PM
Instructor
Hi Philm! Good work!

I can notice improvement regarding playing an tone on Metalcore lessons. Both lessons have parts totally tight and sections that still need more practice. On ADTR lesson, the main problem appears when you have to play 16th notes, and also re-check tabs for the last riff since the same old extra note appeared there. BMTH has more parts sounding tight and the part to isolate and work is the amazing breakdown starting at 00:53.

Great to see you playing Lagwagon song! There is nothing relevant to mark on that video, just keep on playing it to polish each part. This song is easier than the metalcore lessons and that's great because I feel that it's at your current level. Keep on adjusting it.

PS: I've been listening to the album that you suggested and I like it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Apr 11 2015, 11:00 AM
Hi Gab, Thanks for your inputs! The parts you mentioned on both the metalcore lessons that are not polished are the parts I struggle with the most and I have been practicing them isolated. I see more and more these lessons are going to be a long term project. That teaches me for attempting lessons above my level!

Regarding the Lagwagon song I surprised myself how quickly I learned the parts and its coming together. I guess your right, because its closer to my level in playing at the moment biggrin.gif I think I can do a take soon of the whole song.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 10 2015, 12:43 PM) *
PS: I've been listening to the album that you suggested and I like it.

I am glad you like it! I especially like the songs "The Cog In The Machine" and the over 6min masterpiece "Obsolete Absolute". I am listening to it again now.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 12 2015, 06:18 PM
Instructor
yeah! it's always better to choose lessons that you¡ll be able to master in a reasonable amount of time to keep motivated but this depends on each person. The good thing is that you are working them at a tempo that is at your level so that balances things.

PS: I'm now re-checking those two songs. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Apr 15 2015, 03:47 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 12 2015, 05:18 PM) *
yeah! it's always better to choose lessons that you¡ll be able to master in a reasonable amount of time to keep motivated but this depends on each person. The good thing is that you are working them at a tempo that is at your level so that balances things.

Hey Gab, I suppose it is still good to try out lessons above my ability to test where my limitations are. However I think I am improving the ability to know what lessons are better suited to my current level.
I did another take of the Lagwagon song today. Its by no means perfect but I have learned the full song now. The solo and the quick riff before the solo I find the most difficult. Here it is below...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 16 2015, 03:41 PM
Instructor
hehehe great job mate!! This is sounding really good! The parts that need more practice are the solo and the riff after it when drums stop the groove. The solo is still sounding like "hurried" and vibrato is not consistent. It would be better if you let the note sound and then add vibrato and make it grow progressively. The riff has timing issues.

Before this, the next thing to give this is "aggression". This is punk hardcore, your right hand should kill those strings! but off course manage dynamics to go with the groove.

Keep on the great job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Apr 19 2015, 09:54 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 16 2015, 02:41 PM) *
hehehe great job mate!! This is sounding really good! The parts that need more practice are the solo and the riff after it when drums stop the groove. The solo is still sounding like "hurried" and vibrato is not consistent. It would be better if you let the note sound and then add vibrato and make it grow progressively. The riff has timing issues.

Before this, the next thing to give this is "aggression". This is punk hardcore, your right hand should kill those strings! but off course manage dynamics to go with the groove.

Keep on the great job! smile.gif

Thanks Gab! I'm enjoying this one biggrin.gif . Those are good points you made about the solo, I am too concerned about adding the vibrato that I don't let the note sound properly. Ok I will try to add more aggression to my playing on this one, attack those strings!. I am still working on the metalcore lessons and will maybe post a new takes sometime this week.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 20 2015, 01:05 AM
Instructor
That sounds great Philm, please keep me updated. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
May 6 2015, 07:29 PM
Hey Gab, Sorry that I haven't posted for a while. I was sick for a while and then was on holiday but I have been back practicing this week again. I am still working on the two metalcore lessons plus the lagwagon song and the rise against lesson. Maybe if I can find the time at the weekend to make some new takes I will.
I have been resisting the urge to start new lessons until I master these but then I stumbled upon your awesome skate punk lesson and had to start learning that as well biggrin.gif Is it possible to have some slower backing tracks for that one? Thanks!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 7 2015, 03:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Philm, thanks for the update. It's great to see you back and working hard. smile.gif

As I couldn't find the backing tracks in my computer I just asked Bogdan for them, I'll be back with the files.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 8 2015, 03:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Philm, here you have the slow backings needed. wink.gif

Attached File  Slow_backings.zip ( 10.79MB ) Number of downloads: 77

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
May 10 2015, 08:57 AM
Great Gab, Thanks a lot! Time to get cracking on the lesson.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 10 2015, 08:52 PM
Instructor
Great. Enjoy it! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:23 AM