Dd-500 Digital Delay
Mertay
Jul 10 2015, 05:30 PM
GMC:er
Boss just released a pretty sick delay pedal; http://www.bossus.com/products/dd-500/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jul 10 2015, 05:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow - any slight consideration on my end of getting that is immediately crushed by the fact I would never get it to sound THAT good tongue.gif dry.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 10 2015, 06:38 PM
QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jul 10 2015, 04:38 PM) *
Wow - any slight consideration on my end of getting that is immediately crushed by the fact I would never get it to sound THAT good tongue.gif dry.gif

biggrin.gif

It might actually be the other way around, from what I see there is an increasing demand on delays for a while now. Observing some friends and though might come out harsh, its some-what an escape from being able to play harder stuff...

It really depends on how to use the tool but to be honest the more capable delays are bought for "atmospheric sound" including newer reverb pedals.

Yngwie, Satch or Vai did use FX in this fashion in the past but it was only brief moments in whole concerts and worked pretty good. Overuse is common these days for pop music.

On the other hand guitar players were forced to adopt these styles when DJ style electronica replaced mainstram in the beginning of the century and modern electronica-pop band setup/music requires him to use these stuff to become useful sound wise in certain genre's.

I'd definitely want something like this (it even has tape saturation!) but can't see myself night after night creating presets...built in presets these days are pretty good on there sort of fx anyway smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jul 10 2015, 09:20 PM
Experienced Rock Star
It looks suspiciously similar to a Strymon Timeline smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 10 2015, 11:21 PM
I was thinking it reminded me of the STRYMON but with a bit more programmability smile.gif Also a good size LCD display and such smile.gif I would like to get my hand's on one to play around with it smile.gif I know I could probably do something similar with plugins but I do love twisting some knobs and pushing some buttons sometimes

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jul 10 2015, 04:20 PM) *
It looks suspiciously similar to a Strymon Timeline smile.gif.

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 10 2015, 11:29 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 10 2015, 10:21 PM) *
I know I could probably do something similar with plugins but I do love twisting some knobs and pushing some buttons sometimes

Exactly smile.gif but one thing to note is while most older digital delay pedals convert the guitar signal to digital then analog again, this (and newer tc pedals) use parallel processing so the analog signal stays pure.

Its very important to me as very rare digital can beat analog even for the most conservative guitar players smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:58 PM