Sound Mix Magic
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 8 2013, 07:24 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Here is the answer why all those pop stars sound so good! smile.gif

Seriously - its both worrying and amazing how technology has evolved in recent years and how it allows us to "fix" stuff in the studio - missed timing on that drum fill? hit the chord half step below the one you should have played? not hitting the right notes when singing? No problem - its all doable! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 8 2013, 09:05 PM
GMC:er
Very True!!!! Such is life eh? smile.gif Technology has gotten to the point where it can fix many recording foibles even if they are rooted in a deeeeep lack of talent/ability. In a way it's sad, but in a way it's liberating. Like any technology, it's easy to abuse it. Lady Gaga/Britney ABUSE software all the time smile.gif

Some bands now are going the other way and leaving in the mistakes/etc. to provide a sense of reality, and some folks are going so far as to put in missed drum notes even while using EZ drummer to make it sound less "Ez Drummer" smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 8 2013, 01:24 PM) *
Here is the answer why all those pop stars sound so good! smile.gif

Seriously - its both worrying and amazing how technology has evolved in recent years and how it allows us to "fix" stuff in the studio - missed timing on that drum fill? hit the chord half step below the one you should have played? not hitting the right notes when singing? No problem - its all doable! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jan 8 2013, 09:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hahahaha!
Love it. laugh.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 9 2013, 11:19 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 8 2013, 08:05 PM) *
Very True!!!! Such is life eh? smile.gif Technology has gotten to the point where it can fix many recording foibles even if they are rooted in a deeeeep lack of talent/ability. In a way it's sad, but in a way it's liberating. Like any technology, it's easy to abuse it. Lady Gaga/Britney ABUSE software all the time smile.gif

Some bands now are going the other way and leaving in the mistakes/etc. to provide a sense of reality, and some folks are going so far as to put in missed drum notes even while using EZ drummer to make it sound less "Ez Drummer" smile.gif

Todd

Absolutely. The issue is often that the more you have to correct issues the more it is obvious that it has been done. The use of autotune for correction rather than as an effect is far too obvious on some records.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2013, 12:26 PM
Instructor
Does anybody remember, Cher's tune called 'Believe' ? That was the first time I have heard such an effect biggrin.gif And between me and my mates, it stayed 'the Cher effect' laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 10 2013, 04:35 PM
Instructor
hahahah epic video!! I have done works like these one at my studio... HARD WORK! laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 10 2013, 11:22 PM
Instructor
Extraaa, Love it laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 11 2013, 09:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 10 2013, 03:35 PM) *
hahahah epic video!! I have done works like these one at my studio... HARD WORK! laugh.gif

...and probably a lot of cursing directed towards the singer, right? laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:19 PM