I'm Hooked (from Central Illinois)
icedern
Jun 30 2007, 01:04 AM
GMC:er
Hello everyone! I think i've found my new favorite site! My friend JVM told me about this place and I thought i'd check it out...I found myself coming here every night this past week.

I recently broke my index finger on my picking hand so i haven't been able to play until this last week.

A little history...
I'm 27 and have been playing guitar off and on since I was 16. I am way behind where I should be but thats just because i've not had the proper motivation. In 1999 some friends and I started a garage band called Gauntlet. We played several shows over the course of 2 years and recorded an album called Revelation. We kind of went our seperate ways after that. I didn't play much guitar for a few years. About 8 months ago, the bass player and myself got back together and have been writing some new stuff. Our name currently were using is The Strength of Beer...its kind of a play on words because the bass players last name is Beer. I've not ever been a lead player one bit just because i've never practiced it...but now I have an awesome place to go to and awesome instructors here to show me and give me the motivation!

Slainte
Up the irons!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by icedern: Jun 30 2007, 01:07 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 30 2007, 01:13 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome! We won't hold the fact that you know JVM against you laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jun 30 2007, 01:13 AM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 30 2007, 01:14 AM
Welcome. JVM just said in the chat that he had a friend coming! smile.gif

Oh, and Up the Irons indeed(Well, 19 years ago atleast).

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 30 2007, 04:50 AM
Welcome aboard icedern!

This certainly is the place to be to learn lead guitar!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 30 2007, 04:59 AM
Its great to see new people coming to the site, especially people who post on the fourms biggrin.gif for some reason gauntlet seems firmiliar to me.. and the beer thing smile.gif reminds me of Hatesphere " The dead will rise in a river of beer" biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 2 2007, 05:15 PM
GMC Founder
Hello Icedern,

I am very happy friends of JVM find their way to our little corner of the web! biggrin.gif

Keep practicing!

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
kethcup
Jul 6 2007, 06:01 AM
Hey Icedern -

Welcome and nice to meet you!

Where abouts in Illinois? I am from there myself. I currently live in Denver but I use to live in between Peoria and Davenport Iowa. Anywhere close to that?

--------------------

Ketchup

Ibanez Prestige S2170 Electric Guitar
Ibanez Prestige S1620 Electric Guitar
Ibanez RG350MDX Electric Guitar
Jackson Kelly Professional

Boss GT-6 Guitar Floor Processor
Sonar6 Studio Edition

M-Audio BX5-a Studio Monitors

Marshall VS65R Combo Amp

+Quote Post
icedern
Jul 9 2007, 02:42 AM
QUOTE (kethcup @ Jul 6 2007, 12:01 AM) *
Hey Icedern -

Welcome and nice to meet you!

Where abouts in Illinois? I am from there myself. I currently live in Denver but I use to live in between Peoria and Davenport Iowa. Anywhere close to that?

I'm about 1 hour east of peoria...Bloomington/normal area.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:01 AM