Midi 101
Henry Dietzel
May 28 2008, 05:30 AM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
Hey GMC,

I am having a tough time figuring out how to program backing tracks using VST's. I am unfamiliar with this subject and was wondering if anyone knows where I can find an explaination of midi for dummies. I currently started playing all real instruments for backing tracks but this this will take way too long to complete. I can fly through the original BT at normal BPM but it is the slower and faster BT's that end up taking me too much time.

There has to be an easier way........please help

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Hammerin Hank: May 28 2008, 05:32 AM

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
May 28 2008, 06:02 AM
Singing Instructor
Hi Hank,well the first question is,witch DAW(program) are you using for recording and midi programing.It is pretty same whit all DAWs,but it needs a little practice.I had a problem in the beginning to,first advice is to set the tempo of the song,and the make it the project tempo,in Nuendo you press F2 and you can do that.This helps when you make the midi doth in the midi editor,you cant make mistake considering tempo.
second,try to practice on more basic stuff,basic beats and simple melodies,and I am shore that in a few days you will get a hang of it.
Once again please tell us what DAW are you using so we could help more truly.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 28 2008, 07:25 AM
Instructor
well, I wroter few recording lessons in my own board, the link is in my signature wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 28 2008, 12:41 PM
Instructor
DO you have a MIDI keyboard controller?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
May 28 2008, 01:17 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
I am running Reaper

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 28 2008, 07:41 AM) *
DO you have a MIDI keyboard controller?

I believe my Yamaha YPG-225 is capabile of controlling this I am just not sure how

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:27 PM