2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Anger, :)
Mark.
Dec 10 2008, 08:33 PM
GMC:er
removed

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 09:42 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Dec 10 2008, 08:44 PM
Instructor
Hahaha I only will say: Meshuggah - Future Breed Machine/ Rational Gaze....and band your head tongue.gif
And hold on there, you're close to finish high school

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
sigma7
Dec 10 2008, 08:53 PM
dethklok maybe pantera?

--------------------

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 10 2008, 08:56 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
You're no different than I was 20 years ago.

Just rememeber one thing. The world will not change for you, you will have to change for the world.
If this is bothering you enough to post here to get some kind of response from people, then you should look into the mirror and see how you are treating others.

I understand that you have nothing in common with other people but that shouldn't be a deciding factor if you hate someone or not. To this day I have issues like that. The constant being made fun of of the music I like and I hate sports. THings very common men like.

try to get a grasp on yourself now. Because it will be hard for you when/if you have to enter the work force and realize you hate everyone you work with for the next 40 years rather than a few years of high school.

But then again, just crank up some tunes and do what Ramiro says. Thats the metal way! smile.gif

This post has been edited by opeth.db: Dec 10 2008, 08:57 PM

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Dec 10 2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah I felt that way in high school, then I went to college all was well. Now I'm in the work force, I feel like I'm in high school again. I'm a metal head as well, and things aren't easy for us long hairs out there in the business world I can tell ya.

When I'm really angry death metal is the only cure, but if I want to change my mood - I'll listen to Sublime or Bob Marley, that stuff really brings me up. It's amazing the difference music has on the soul and mind... It will completely change your disposition, attitude, and mood temporarily.

I would also advise working out, at the age of 16 & 17 hormones are pretty powerful and difficult to deal with at times. You can get a lot of aggression out from building your body up. Also it releases endorphins which can give you a natural high. By working out you will also gain confidence and poise. While you work out listen to death metal!
Bloodbath - Eaten is a terrific song to bench press to for instances...

Anyways, that's what I did... It worked for me then --- I'm on an interesting part of my life right now that I need to figure out for myself hahaha.

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 10 2008, 09:07 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Dec 10 2008, 03:04 PM) *
Yeah I felt that way in high school, then I went to college all was well. Now I'm in the work force, I feel like I'm in high school again. I'm a metal head as well, and things aren't easy for us long hairs out there in the business world I can tell ya.

Ain't that the truth my friend! unsure.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
Jayrod
Dec 10 2008, 09:47 PM
I know your feelings, I've gone through that too. For me, tae kwon-do helped. Go try some martial art, it's a great way to release anger without hurting someone and it will boost your confidence. I'm quite sure it works for everyone.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 10 2008, 09:50 PM
go to Metal concerts. Its always a good way to release anger.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 10 2008, 10:26 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Dec 10 2008, 09:50 PM) *
go to Metal concerts. Its always a good way to release anger.

Nobody likes a mosher! laugh.gif

Anyways, I can't say I know what you're going through, I've never really stood out, someone who sees me would never guess I'm into the music I am into (except if you look at my t-shits but that's cheating), so that never was a problem. However I feel I stood out a bit in your age (or I still am in your age, but you get it, I don't feel any different from people now, however I tend to think most people are different, change of attitude perhaps) aswell, for other reasons than apparance, and well.. I learned the art of not giving a damn about anything when I was 14-15 years old and since then I haven't been annoyed by stuff like that, people can say what they want, that will never change, but most people are pretty stupid anyways so it doesn't matter. Only, once you get to know people, they tend to not be stupid, but many people just say stupid things without thinking. I know I do.

I'm ranting.

I agree with Fatb0t about working out, and Eaten is a very good song to work out to, definetly. Working out to death metal will always vent your anger. Otherwise, when I'm angry I often just put on some beatutiful music and I won't even have to vent my anger, it just goes away. Ulver are awesome for that, for example.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 10 2008, 10:35 PM
Instructor
It's pretty normal for a young guy like you to feel like that, all teenagers go through similar problems, but in the end you will calm down don't worry. Regarding class is concerned you should probably get your relations with classmates fixed, no point arguing with them simply because you're different right?

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Dec 10 2008, 10:36 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 10 2008, 10:54 PM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Dec 11 2008, 02:26 AM) *
Nobody likes a mosher! laugh.gif

Only if your an ass about it. Moshing is a great experience. I dare you to not mosh when you see Thrash bands or Death Metal bands. When I saw Sauron, we tore that stage apart. Its just gonna happen when thrash is pumping.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Dec 10 2008, 11:04 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Dec 10 2008, 04:54 PM) *
Moshing is a great experience. I dare you to not mosh when you see Thrash bands or Death Metal bands. When I saw Sauron, we tore that stage apart. Its just gonna happen when thrash is pumping.

amen! Five Finger Death Punch and Slipknot moshes were insane! and you can release the anger by kicking someones @$$, but nobody cares cause its a mosh!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 10 2008, 11:11 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Dec 10 2008, 10:54 PM) *
Only if your an ass about it. Moshing is a great experience. I dare you to not mosh when you see Thrash bands or Death Metal bands. When I saw Sauron, we tore that stage apart. Its just gonna happen when thrash is pumping.

I have seen those kind of bands both with and without moshing and I know wich one I prefer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 11 2008, 12:11 AM
Im too old to mosh anymore. My back hurts.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Dec 11 2008, 12:35 AM
cookie monster want a cookie?

(dont hit me please ph34r.gif )

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Kapto
Dec 11 2008, 12:45 AM
All I can say is that violence generates more violence and does not fix a thing or makes you feel better afterwards. "think before you leap" you don't wanna end up doing something you might regret for the rest of your life.
I think most young people goes through that feeling to hate everyone and everything. I guess is human nature.
Find a way to release anger. Sport and helpful friends (family) are the best ways. Life moves in cycles you finish one and start the next. Look back when you were 10 then 15 when you'll be 20 the way you complete them will make you who you are and it's all up to you which directions you want to follow.
Hope you get the point
Enough preaching wink.gif

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."

+Quote Post
FrankW
Dec 11 2008, 01:41 AM
Like everyone else is saying, there's nothing unusual about what you're going through. You need to channel your anger and frustration elsewhere. Music is a good way to soothe the savage beast.
Another way is to exercise. Work out. Go to the gym and hit the weights. Come up with some kind of workout routine where you go on a regular basis three days per week. Working out is not only good for you physically, but you will achieve a natural high that calms you when you experience an endorphine release as a result of exercise. It works for me big time. smile.gif

This post has been edited by FrankW: Dec 11 2008, 01:47 AM

+Quote Post
enforcer
Dec 11 2008, 03:01 AM
the keyword here is Empathy I think. There is nothing wrong with you. And that is not about age neither. To stop hate and anger you need to see from their point of view. You dont need to get angry with them. Just try to understand and have pity of them. You are strong to make your stand, and they, believe me they are weak and desperate. You are trying to make your own way. They are trying to carbon copy others and they are so desperately trying to fit in that they need to seem NORMAL. Be smart and different keep it!!!

I strongly recommend you Pain of Salvation-Scarsick. With music and words that album gives you total satisfaction when you are angry...

Cheers mate, know that laughing at life when it bestows you forbids it to win wink.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
showyourfist
Dec 14 2008, 07:13 PM
Ha yeah....School was utter bollocks for me!

I had my hair cut by the chavs, beaten multiple times, threated with scissors constantly, stabbed with compasses. I only had two friends *shrugs* you'll get by! just don't change for anyone else!

I still get chavs too this day driving past at me and yelling "git yer 'air cut yer skanky c***!" I just throw stones at their car!

--------------------

I've had three wives and three guitars. I still play the guitars-Andres Segovia

+Quote Post
Mark.
Dec 15 2008, 04:21 PM
removed

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 09:42 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:12 PM