3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Albums Most People Seem To Dislike Or Hate, But You Love.
The Uncreator
Dec 16 2008, 06:34 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Thought this would be an interesting topic. I find myself to like and/ or love quite a few albums that the general populace seem to think are utter crap or just suck. So my question is, Anyone have any of these albums laying around on there CD rack or Hard drives?

Most notably, albums I like that seem to get shunned are Trivium's "Crusade", I love it. and Dissection's Reinkaos, While not as good as there albums before it, It still is a fantastic album from start to finish I think.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Dec 16 2008, 06:36 PM
GMC:er
All Four Coheed And Cambria Albums, my friends hate them, but i LOVE them!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Dec 16 2008, 06:36 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 16 2008, 06:38 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Id have to say that as well, I know there are alot of Coheed fans, But I here more people talking bad about them than good, And I love all of them.

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 16 2008, 06:39 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Mr.Bungle's - Disco Volante
Although not many have probably heard of it. lol smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 16 2008, 06:52 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Still just can't get into Metallica's current material. I had high hope's for this cd sad.gif Still I hear many say they love it.

One band comes to mind that I like that most of my freinds dislike....

+Quote Post
sigma7
Dec 16 2008, 07:04 PM
everyone hates my Shogun Album from Trivium but that band pwns and all my august burns red albums

maybe its because i live in a white collar communty even though we r ass broke haha

i love driving my guitar blasting dethklok while driving by some of those type of people their expessions are hilarious

This post has been edited by sigma7: Dec 16 2008, 07:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sondre
Dec 16 2008, 07:11 PM
St. Anger

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Dec 16 2008, 07:36 PM
Any CD from Devildriver - I really like them but my elitist metal heads make fun of me because the singer from Devildriver used to be in Coalchamber!
Screw 'em that band rocks!

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 16 2008, 07:47 PM
Learning Roadie
The Darkness, Permission to land; all my friends! in fact everyone I know hated them LOL

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Dec 16 2008, 08:23 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Dec 16 2008, 01:36 PM) *
Any CD from Devildriver - I really like them but my elitist metal heads make fun of me because the singer from Devildriver used to be in Coalchamber!
Screw 'em that band rocks!

YES! one of my current favorites.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
Mark.
Dec 16 2008, 08:36 PM
Hehe you could better ask what music my friends do like ? tongue.gif Then I could say Amon Amarth, Dethklok, Dream Theater and uuuuh....

But the music they hate the most is probably some nice raw black metal, I really dig Ulver's and Forgotten Woods stuff but never met anyone else who likes them smile.gif They also really hate Necrophagist and Dying Fetus.... But I just stopped asking for their opinion cause I dont really care what they think of the music that I like smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 16 2008, 08:39 PM
Ugh not much actually. I have awesome taste so nobody can diss anything i like laugh.gif

But seriously, I don't really know that much, one of my friends diss me for liking Mastodon and Rage Against the Machine, but that's probably it. Allthough I can't say most people seem to dislike them, since both bands are huge.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slammer
Dec 16 2008, 08:41 PM
One Album most people -especially the critics- didn't like was Venus Isle by Eric Johnson.

It's personally one of my favorites biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 16 2008, 08:50 PM
Learning Tone Master
Children of Bodom, I love em everyone else hates them

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 16 2008, 10:09 PM
Instructor
Cool topic. You know it happens something different to me about this. I usually like bands that still didn't arrived to Argentina (Usually thanks to GMC), and when I show them to my friend they don't like them... however, after some month they get back saying that now they like it (I have heard comments like "what strange things that Gaby listens to..." laugh.gif ) I remember that it happened with Muse, Alter Bridge, Paramore, Bullet for my Valentine and many others.

And talking about the topic.. I could name "Chinese Democracy"... I can't understand how so many people here in my country dislike that great album. blink.gif Even Luciana, my band's singer... mad.gif .

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 16 2008, 10:12 PM
We should say why we like them so this doesn't turn into a list thread.

I think for the most part, Smile by Boris seems to be hated by many people since it has that sell-out sound to it. For the most part, its pretty easy to digest and listen to because of sludge punk rendition ala Pink. I like it though because I liked Pink, and for the most part, I've never hated any Boris/BORIS release. I love how this album gets mellow as the album progresses, and that doomy drone song at the end is masterfully done.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Dec 16 2008, 10:13 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Dec 16 2008, 10:17 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Dec 16 2008, 04:12 PM) *
We should say why we like them so this doesn't turn into a list thread.

I think for the most part, Smile by Boris seems to be hated by many people since it has that sell-out sound to it. For the most part, its pretty easy to digest and listen to because of sludge punk rendition ala Pink. I like it though because I liked Pink, and for the most part, I've never hated any Boris/BORIS release. I love how this album gets mellow as the album progresses, and that doomy drone song at the end is masterfully done.

My Second Favorite Boris, after Amplifier Worship.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Dec 17 2008, 07:29 AM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Dec 16 2008, 08:50 PM) *

I'm not crazy about them... I seen them in concert once waiting for Megadeth to hit the stage haha.
But I do think this video was awesome.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Dec 17 2008, 09:27 AM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Dec 16 2008, 09:50 PM) *

I love them too cool.gif
I don`t know maybe Soil-Redefine or Soilwork-Stabbing The Drama. We haven`t much people in here so i can`t be sure biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
gibsonmatte
Dec 17 2008, 10:06 AM
Everything with Arch Enemy is absolutely mind blowing! And some of my friends cant stand the growling...

Check it:
Arch Enemy

--------------------
My Last FM page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:40 AM