Average Time Spent On Guitar Per Day?
stratman33
Aug 24 2007, 05:28 AM
GMC:er
me...probably 1 hour.i feel you dont need to spend any more time than that if you practice effectivly for that amount of time.I've also noticed some people saying they play 12 hours/day.....i dont know how thats possible because whenever i log on to gmc they're on tongue.gif (unless they dont sleep)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
shredmandan
Aug 24 2007, 05:33 AM
I play on average one to two hours a day.Rarly will i ever go a day without atleast playing for that amount of time.I feel it depends on what you want to do with the guitar as to how long you need to practice.If your just doing it for fun then an hour is fine but, if your wanting to master it or make a living from it one day you better be playing every hour that you have available in the day. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 24 2007, 05:50 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 24 2007, 12:33 AM) *
I play on average one to two hours a day.Rarly will i ever go a day without atleast playing for that amount of time.I feel it depends on what you want to do with the guitar as to how long you need to practice.If your just doing it for fun then an hour is fine but, if your wanting to master it or make a living from it one day you better be playing every hour that you have available in the day. smile.gif

Definately! Also, an hour a day will probably more than keep you tuned at your current skill level, but to improve and master harder techniques more time is necessary.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Aug 24 2007, 06:12 AM
I practice maybe 2 hours a night for 2 days, then a day when I don't have the time. Then another 2 days with practice... So I'm leveling out on 1 - 2 hours a day I guess.
I'm always thinking "But next week. Then I will be done with this and have more time. But new stuff gets in the way, always :/

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Sergeant_Ant
Aug 24 2007, 06:14 AM
well ive been on summer vacation so like 3-5 hours but school starts monday so itll be back to an hour or 2

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 24 2007, 06:27 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
used to be 5 hours on avergae for me, school started though, so its about 2 and half hours now.

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 24 2007, 06:31 AM
I'm not sure, but probably around 3-4 hours. I do goof around alot though. The past few days I have actually started practicing. I had a slow couple of months becuase I only practiced 1 song I made that I was gonna record.

+Quote Post
swingline
Same here I'm around 5 hours but school starts in a week and with 3 A.P. classes that will get cut down real quick.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
JVM
Learning Roadie
I usually play starting around 9 ish to 12 or whenever, then I hit the sack. That's the designated time (I think it helps if you play before you go to bed, but before you get too tired.helps you remember) Most likely after school starts, I'll play some after I finish all the homework, then again at the 9-12 time but maybe slightly less. I'd say 3-4 hours a day when school starts, more on weekends.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 24 2007, 06:50 AM
Instructor
It really depends on my mood, weather, university...but i am sure i play at least 3 hours each day. Today i played much more...we'll see how it will work tomorrow biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 24 2007, 06:54 AM
depends on the day sometimes i dont have time to play, some times i play all day, sometimes i play a little.

+Quote Post
rokchik
Aug 24 2007, 08:08 AM
The Dark Canuck
It really depends on work and well, life in general, but I usually try for 1.5-2 hrs a day. Sometimes that's broken up throughout the day but I still try to fit it in. It sometimes messes with my workout schedule too but I'm willing to make sacrifices smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 24 2007, 09:34 AM
Instructor
Hour or two usually..
It comes to more if I record something or having practice.
Plus hour or two If I have gig that night.
But...there are days when I don't touch guitar at all....sadly sad.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 24 2007, 11:46 AM
I practice 4 Hours a day Minimum. Sometimes i even get to 10 hours, but thats very rare. And only because im on vacations right now.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
MattE
Aug 24 2007, 12:19 PM
Normally I get about an hour consecutivly
But if you count all the random 10 minute segments I do during the day...probably 2-3 hours

School wont affect me much because I play at school
So I get a good bit of practice regardless laugh.gif

But I'm actually trying to get a set 2 hours each day, because I'm really desireable to get my skill level up >:D

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Aug 25 2007, 05:18 AM
Instructor
It really depends on scheduled gigs, recording sessions, my mood.
Average time: 2 hours/day

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 25 2007, 06:11 AM
At the moment I think I'm playing about 10 minutes a day xD

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Spartan
Aug 25 2007, 08:35 AM
I play for 6+ hours...but i practice for around 4-5 hours

--------------------

Practicing Pavel's Alternate Picking Lesson 4 at: (16th notes triplets)

89BPM 101BPM 110BPM 122BPM <-----Goal
86BPM 98BPM 107BPM 119BPM
83BPM 95BPM 104BPM 116BPM
80BPM 92BPM 101BPM 113BPM
77BPM

+Quote Post
stratman33
Aug 25 2007, 01:00 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Aug 24 2007, 05:11 PM) *
At the moment I think I'm playing about 10 minutes a day xD

lol thats it??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Aug 25 2007, 02:21 PM
I practice for about 1-2 hours in the morning and about 2-6 hours in the evening. But really I play my acoustic throughout the day whenever I get the chance, and whenever there is a guitar nearby I will play.

Everyday life is that thing that happens between the times I get to play guitar.

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:05 PM