Ear Training
AdamB
May 28 2009, 02:02 PM
GMC:er
Hey,

Is there a portable device that musicians can use for ear training? Like an electronic game that plays a note and you just guess it's pitch or something? I'm looking for ways to work more musicianeyness into my day so having something like that to use in the car or at lunch in work would be useful for me. Dunno if such a thing exists.

Are there any good bits of software that do this? I have a computer at work so I could use that in lunch or something.

-Adam

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
May 28 2009, 02:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
I remember there was a downloadable alternative for an entire music theory site, with ear training, interval training and similar.. I think it was called something as simple as www.musictheory.com or something...
I'm having some PC problems, so I can't find out exactly at the moment, but you can try to google "music theory" to find the page. You know you've found it when the page is white and blue, with three dropdown menus wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
May 28 2009, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Go to this website it has everything you need right now !

http://www.musictheory.net/

--------------------

+Quote Post
vampire18
May 28 2009, 03:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
i thought exactly the same thing some time ago and i tried to put the swf from that web site to my mp4 unfortunately it didnt work so well, buy im sure it would work fine with an i phone or something

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 29 2009, 10:44 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Cool link Pedja, thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
rickzore
Jun 12 2009, 09:36 PM
thanx man..
really easy to learn notes this way

rock on!

--------------------
Rock on!

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jun 15 2009, 09:39 PM
For portability....have an iPhone or an iPod Touch?

There's an app for that wink.gif

http://www.karajan-eartrainer.com/en/

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 15 2009, 09:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 29 2009, 11:44 AM) *
Cool link Pedja, thanks for sharing.

You welcome Marcus. I wish I could make website like that or any website really biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Jun 16 2009, 01:43 AM
Instructor
You can always record your own audio with the solutions like Steve Vai recommends on his online lessons.

For example: you record a C major chord and then you record your voice saying "major". In that way you get to recognice the type of chords (maj, min, aug, dim) then with 7th and so on. The same with anything you want to study, scales, progressions, etc.

Recently I've found this site that's pretty cool too

http://www.good-ear.com/

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:45 AM