Máté Nagy
Mate Nagy
Aug 9 2010, 10:33 AM
GMC:er
Hi guys !

Here you can ask me about anything ! smile.gif
Techniques, Improvisation, Gear, Playing live, Practicing, Lessons, whatever . . .

Later I'll create subtopics if nessesary...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
alvaroshredd
Sep 2 2010, 07:35 PM
QUOTE (Mate Nagy @ Aug 9 2010, 09:33 AM) *
Hi guys !

Here you can ask me about anything ! smile.gif
Techniques, Improvisation, Gear, Playing live, Practicing, Lessons, whatever . . .

Later I'll create subtopics if nessesary...

Hi mate!!

I was with Guitarrero talking in the chat about Zakk´s farewell ballad solo and we wanted to ask you if you could make a video lesson of it!
it would be awesome!
Cheers!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 2 2010, 07:44 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yeah, that would be really cool!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Sep 2 2010, 08:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Old topic, but I'd like to hear your take - how do YOU go about composing, then recording a song? Do you begin with a progression, then add a drum backing, then add lyrics as a complement to the song, or have a lyrical idea in mind, then come up with a progression and drums to complement the tune you have in mind? Or do you have another approach. I know every song generally comes about in a different way, but I'm curious how you approach / most common method for filling out your ideas in the creation of a song.

Thanks!
Chris

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Fre
Sep 2 2010, 09:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great question SirJamsalot!
I'm curious too.

+Quote Post
Mate Nagy
Sep 21 2010, 09:25 AM
Maybe I can do that, yes smile.gif
I've never learned that song before I must admit smile.gif

QUOTE (alvaroshredd @ Sep 2 2010, 08:35 PM) *
Hi mate!!

I was with Guitarrero talking in the chat about Zakk´s farewell ballad solo and we wanted to ask you if you could make a video lesson of it!
it would be awesome!
Cheers!!

That's a hard question. Usually the first step is messing around (riffing) on the guitar, and sometimes I improvise whole songs while practicing.
Sometimes if there is a melody in my head, I try to figure out what kind of chords can I play under that particular melody.
After I imagine the bass and the drums, and the song is almost complete.
That's my progress of writing a song briefly.
Thank you for the question...

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Sep 2 2010, 09:28 PM) *
Old topic, but I'd like to hear your take - how do YOU go about composing, then recording a song? Do you begin with a progression, then add a drum backing, then add lyrics as a complement to the song, or have a lyrical idea in mind, then come up with a progression and drums to complement the tune you have in mind? Or do you have another approach. I know every song generally comes about in a different way, but I'm curious how you approach / most common method for filling out your ideas in the creation of a song.

Thanks!
Chris

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 21 2010, 11:16 AM
GMC Founder
I have created you own board now Mate!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mate Nagy
Sep 26 2010, 02:02 PM
Thank you very much!
An own board!
WOW ! smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 21 2010, 12:16 PM) *
I have created you own board now Mate!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:50 AM