Reverb And Delay Wanted
Saint_arc
Jan 9 2009, 07:17 AM
GMC:er
I am in the Market for a new Reverb and Delay pedal. Any suggestions? Anyone know of a reverb and delay pedal in one? Price isn't really an issue. Thanks guys!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Mike

Alaska..........I'm so going to retire here!!!!

Guitars:
Parker Fly, Fender Deluxe American Strat, Taylor 414ce.

Amps: Fender Supersonic 212/head, Fender Champion 600, Powered Mackie floor wedge.

Effects: BOSS GT-10, Line 6 POD Pro XT, Sennheiser Wireless, TS 808 tube screamer, BOSS RC-20XL Looper, SW-95 Cry Baby Slash wah, Weeping Demon Wah, Route 66 overdrive/compression, and many more.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 9 2009, 02:36 PM
Instructor
Hmm, it's pretty hard to find both units in one, mostly the units are delay units with optional reverb function, and this is definitely what I would recommend.

Check out these models:

Boss RE-20
Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Jan 9 2009, 02:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xr9P4MSl8

Boss RE-20 Roland Space Echo.

tommyboy

--------------------
Rock Hard or Not at ALL!!

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jan 9 2009, 10:27 PM
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail reverb pedal is preety good too.

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jan 9 2009, 10:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
Holy Grail is my favourite and for delay I would either go for boss dd-7 (versitaile) or MXR carbon copy (warm sounding)

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 9 2009, 10:55 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I heard very good things about Electro Harmonix Holy Grail pedal , and for delay I recommend Boss DD-20 ..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
inertia
Jan 9 2009, 11:15 PM
The new hardwire series from digitech have an amazing reverb and delay pedal, i would take the hardwire reverb over the holy grail any day...there are a lot of nice delay pedals, depends on what you are looking for, if you want minimal functionality but a good analog, go with the MXR carbon copy, if you want a ton of options go with the dd-20/dl4 or the hardwire model, I'm not a big fan of the boss ones though because they aren't true bypass, the nicest sounding delay pedal IMO is the analog electro harmonix deluxe memory man not the hazarai model, it's a huge pedal though, will take up a third of your pedal board but it also has chorus and tremolo, just a sick pedal
Hardwire reverb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsxk1rJ4mWk
Deluxe Memory Man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhRjD6pgobo
Hardwire Delay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSBmy9mGeb0

+Quote Post
FrankW
Jan 10 2009, 05:56 AM
Here's a good one: http://www.bbesound.com/products/stomp_box...Timer/index.asp

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jan 10 2009, 06:17 AM
My favorite (reasonably priced) delay pedal is the Electro-Harmonix memory man. It has a great sound to it, very warm and organic. And can really give you that singing tone.

Now imo, you don't NEED reverb really, it kind of muddy your tone. And I only found it useful for recording purposes, or when you are using modelers because it usually smooths the sound out a bit. I'm obviously not trying to change your mind really. Just my opinion on reverb tongue.gif Delay.. is amazing though. tongue.gif

tj

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Jan 10 2009, 07:44 AM
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Jan 9 2009, 09:17 PM) *
Now imo, you don't NEED reverb really, it kind of muddy your tone. And I only found it useful for recording purposes, or when you are using modelers because it usually smooths the sound out a bit. I'm obviously not trying to change your mind really. Just my opinion on reverb tongue.gif Delay.. is amazing though. tongue.gif

tj

I don't really agree with this, but I would say delay is more important than reverb. Something to keep in mind is that you can get a reverb-like sound with delay, but you can't get delay through reverb. So, if you had to get only one, I say go for the delay. One that you can have more than one setting going on at the same time is ideal, so you can get a "cascading delays" kind of sound.

+Quote Post
Saint_arc
Jan 12 2009, 07:06 AM
I'd like to thank everyone for the input on these pedals. Really like the Hardwired series. I'm looking forward to playing with these for awhile. Haven't fully made up my mind though yet between the hardwired and the Holy Grail. Important Decisions like these can be so hard!! Anyways thanks again!!!

--------------------
Mike

Alaska..........I'm so going to retire here!!!!

Guitars:
Parker Fly, Fender Deluxe American Strat, Taylor 414ce.

Amps: Fender Supersonic 212/head, Fender Champion 600, Powered Mackie floor wedge.

Effects: BOSS GT-10, Line 6 POD Pro XT, Sennheiser Wireless, TS 808 tube screamer, BOSS RC-20XL Looper, SW-95 Cry Baby Slash wah, Weeping Demon Wah, Route 66 overdrive/compression, and many more.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:35 PM