Identifying A Classical Piece
botoxfox
Oct 14 2007, 10:11 PM
GMC:er
I'm pretty sure it's a Mozart piece. I think I picked up from a commercial or something and it's originally for piano. Does anyone know the name of it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Oct 23 2007, 07:08 AM
i've heard that before! sadly cannot remember from where.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 23 2007, 07:25 AM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Oct 14 2007, 04:11 PM) *
I'm pretty sure it's a Mozart piece. I think I picked up from a commercial or something and it's originally for piano. Does anyone know the name of it?

Not sure. Sounds like him though. Even from that short bit, I like how you play. I am working on a classical piece right now, which is conceptually similar, as I see it. based on a pretty tune, with some steady triplet or 4/4 rhythms, but notes held across bars at times that add interest (such as the note towards the end or your bit).

Have you been playing long?

edit: to make myself more clear, I mean, not necessarily across bars. But for examle, you might play only the first 2 notes of a triplet, but still keep the triplet feel even with the rest. Or maybe 8 1/8 notes in a bar, the last one held another 1/8 into the next bar, then continuing the rhythm, stuff like that. Keeping a very pretty tune, and a nice rhythm, but little nuances that add interest, but still don't detract from the simple beauty in the piece.

In that little bit, that is what I hear, that kind of thing.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Oct 23 2007, 07:39 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:00 PM