Random Warm Up Playing..., ... a little webcam test.
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 18 2008, 04:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey all. As I stated some days ago, I bought a new webcam. Decided to share with you all a little video from today's warm up section - though you could hardly call it warm up, but just random playing.

Sorry for the sound quality not being that good - I have no idea, how that happened. Usually it's fairly better.

Constructive criticism on my playing, please! smile.gif

Hope you can handle downlading 12 mb smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jul 18 2008, 04:45 PM
GMC:er
Haha, funny face at 2:14 biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Anyways - Great playing! Seems like you know the scales pretty well smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 18 2008, 04:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (IDontWantMyUsername @ Jul 18 2008, 05:45 PM) *
Haha, funny face at 2:14 biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Anyways - Great playing! Seems like you know the scales pretty well smile.gif

Yeah, I kinda ****** up there laugh.gif I geuss that's what warming up is about - getting those mistakes out of your playing. Rather play mistakes during warm up than during a live gig or recording session. smile.gif

Thanks for the comment! I'm not sure I know all scales that well. If someone told me to jam along with them in the key of Bb major or something that, I would be litteraly screwed tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 18 2008, 05:17 PM
Instructor
Definitely work on the vibrato more, need to be circular motion and from wrist. Preset is not so good because it has too much drive/compression on the recording. Lowering down the drive will make it sound better when recorded. Camera is nice and sharp, good picture, you just have to move away from the window, the light from outside makes too much contrast on you, and you need extra light in front of you.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 18 2008, 05:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 18 2008, 06:17 PM) *
Definitely work on the vibrato more, need to be circular motion and from wrist. Preset is not so good because it has too much drive/compression on the recording. Lowering down the drive will make it sound better when recorded. Camera is nice and sharp, good picture, you just have to move away from the window, the light from outside makes too much contrast on you, and you need extra light in front of you.

Yeah, usually I film against the white walls to my left, but that would require a bit more hassle.

About the setting - I just realised I was using my preset 1-3 and not 1-4 as I usually do. I'll record something in a bit with the other preset. Will also shoot it from another angle then. Hold on! smile.gif

EDIT: This in any way better, Ivan?

On a side note: the high screamy sound that sounds kinda annoying in the "background" or well you know...the sound that TVs sometimes make when there's something wrong with them. That only happens when I record videos in the program that came with the webcam. If I record the sound in Cubase and video in the other program and sync 'em up then that's gone.

EDIT 2: I uploaded a "sound sample" from cubase. At least I can hear that annoying "thing" gone! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jul 18 2008, 05:52 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Guitar_sound.mp3 ( 532.37K ) Number of downloads: 185

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 18 2008, 07:44 PM
Instructor
AAhh, that's more like it, less drive, producing a somewhat smoother sound. The light is better too.

Regarding the vibrato, you seem to get it with middle and ring finger, but with index you are still going up and down, need to practice that one more. Index is the hardest to practice, because he doesn't have support from other fingers, specially on high E, and B where you have to go up when you do vibrato. But nevertheless, practicing circular motion with index is essential for now the way I see it. Other stuff is cool and clear.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jul 18 2008, 07:44 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 18 2008, 07:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 18 2008, 08:44 PM) *
AAhh, that's more like it, less drive, producing a somewhat smoother sound. The light is better too.

Regarding the vibrato, you seem to get it with middle and ring finger, but with index you are still going up and down, need to practice that one more. Index is the hardest to practice, because he doesn't have support from other fingers, specially on high E, and B where you have to go up when you do vibrato. But nevertheless, practicing circular motion with index is essential for now the way I see it. Other stuff is cool and clear.

Thanks, Ivan! Thank you very much! That's the kinda comment I appreciate, and GMC is just the kind of place for those comments. I will definately work on it. It is one of the areas, vibrato, I have been wanted to work on for a long time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jul 18 2008, 08:09 PM
What kinda axe is that?

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jul 18 2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah, what kind of guitar is that? I like it a lot!

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 18 2008, 08:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hehe. Thanks for your comments.

I bought the guitar off Ebay. It is actually nothing special. The brand is called "Wolf", but I cannot really find anything about it on the Internet. The guitar along with some other models were made for the Frankfurter musikmesse. So it's a kind of a "one of a kind" model, as far as I'm aware. Maybe they were produced by also, but they were somewhat sold on auctions on Ebay by www.hk-instruments.de.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:52 AM