Need Pedal/record Help
timono
Jan 14 2008, 06:02 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

next saturday it will be my B-day (hooray tongue.gif ) and my parents wanna give me something for my guitar, so i thought it would be nice to finaly have an effect pedal. as it is my first i don't know what to go for so that's where you guy's can help me out (i hope tongue.gif)

i don't know if it's possible, but are there pedals i can connect to my computer and record myself trough it

please help me out biggrin.gif

timon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 14 2008, 06:45 PM
Instructor
You mean single efx pedal or multi efx?
Since you have some nice amps I'd suggest you nice distortion pedal. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Muris: Jan 14 2008, 06:46 PM

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 14 2008, 08:30 PM
Instructor
Well, regular pedals usually don't have balanced line out option. SOme of them do, like some Digitech models, but I prefer Boss over Digitech always. It depends what you need the pedal for and how much money are we talking about..

SInce you don't have pedals, and need something to record onto the computer I would sugest something with line out, or a phone out minimum, and good quality overdrive pedal, but that is relative. Again it depends what you really need, based on your playing and etc.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
timono
Jan 15 2008, 09:23 AM
i think i wanna go for a multi-effect and it should cost around 200 euros (around 300$) or less of course tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 15 2008, 09:42 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (timono @ Jan 15 2008, 09:23 AM) *
i think i wanna go for a multi-effect and it should cost around 200 euros (around 300$) or less of course tongue.gif

The PODxt cost a litte more, closer to 300 Euro but then there's the V-AmpII from Behringer that runs for less than 100 Euro and basically does the same thing and fits the budget.

If you want a floor piece there's Korg AX3000 that's about 250 Euro, Digitech GNX1 would go for less than 200.
All of these are not just multi effect but also amp simulators.

If you're looking for a plain mfx pedal there's the one from Boss that's been goved lots of credit, Boss ME-50. Then Digitech has their RP units (RP350 etc etc).

Oh, and the one called Korg AX5G has the same audi chip as KorgAX300 but at a much lower cost (and less features of course)

Hope you'll find something for your wish list. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 15 2008, 04:21 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Maybe a wah wah pedal ? Dunlop 535q ? wink.gif Its very fun to play wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 15 2008, 05:09 PM
Instructor
Well, he can buy a multiFx pedal with an expression epdal built in. Maybe some Digitech or Boss models. I would definitely recommend Boss mulitFx proc.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
timono
Jan 15 2008, 05:40 PM
thanks or all info, i checked out the KorgAX3000 and i liked it tongue.gif but can i connect it to my pc couldn't find info on that unsure.gif

thanks again:D

--------------------
Gear:

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
TortillaShred
Jan 15 2008, 08:19 PM
Is there an specific effect you want or do you just want to experiment with lots of effects? Because i bought my boss gt-8 thinking i would tweak everything on it, and the truth is, i just use some stuff and leave the majority of it untouched.

With your budged you could buy ONE good pedal that you know you will use or if you know you're going to use alot of stuff then buy a multieffect. The zoom in my sig is very nice for the price.

Also i think its worth mentioning that, if it were my money i would grab those 200, sell the rest of your amps and buy something real nice. Considering your amp is accountable for the majority of your tone.

Regardless have fun with your new purchase.

--------------------
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Epiphone Sg Special (with EMG 81/85 set and custom pickguard)

Zoom 606 II multieffect pedal
Boss Gt-8 multieffect pedal

Vox Ad50vt amplifier

Washburn D100 acoustic guitar
Squier acoustic guitar

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 15 2008, 10:05 PM
Instructor
some thing from boss multible if you have a good money at once buy the GT6

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:30 AM