Metalconcepts, A simple lesson with basic metal concepts
Ulrik
Apr 28 2009, 08:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
I came up with this little riff last week, and I just had to record it, so I did that today.
Then I was inspired by all the great lessons here at GMC, and I wanted to create a lesson myself.
There is nothing in it that a total beginner wouldn't be able to play in a short time, but it still covers a lot of topics.

Palm muting
Harmonics
Pinch Harmonics
Octaves
Tapping
Hammer-ons
Pull-offs
(Look up these subjects if you are not familiar with them)

[attachment=15349:MetalConcepts.mp3]

I put a backing track here too, if anyone wants to try and play it.

[attachment=15350:MetalCon...sBacking.mp3]

Here is the first couple of lines:

---PMPM PM PM PM
e------------------------
B------------------------
G------------------------ Palm muting is used here, right hand is used to mute strings (If you are not playing left handed)
D------------------------
A--2---------------------
E--0--0----0----0----0-

e------------------
B------------------
G------------------ Harmonics on every note, touch the string gently, without pressing it down.
D------------------ On the fifth and fourth fret your finger must touch nearest to the guitar body.
A------------------ On the third fret you have to touch closer to the guitar head to produce the right sound
E--(5)--(4)--(3)--

e------------
B-----------
G--<7>\2-- Here we've got the first pinch harmonic. Immediately after the string is picked your thumb
D----------- has to strike the string too. Picking direction is down and to the right. Add some vibrato by
A----------- bending the string slightly up and down. The sound will depend on where you pick with the thumb.
E----------- The ending is a slow slide towards the guitar head.

That's all for now, this was the riff I came up with last week.
If anyone want's other parts tabbed, I'll do it all for free laugh.gif

So hit me with your critique, but remember I have no idea have to write a metal bassline, that's why there is no bass.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ulrik: May 15 2009, 10:15 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Ulrik   Metalconcepts   Apr 28 2009, 08:33 PM
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:19 PM