Do You Like The New Rhcp?
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 24 2011, 04:51 PM
Instructor
What do you think of the new RHCP music??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 24 2011, 06:47 PM
Instructor
We will see, who knows.. The guitar work is not that prominent now, it's more in the background, and Frusciante had some strong and emotional solo parts. The music itself is OK. I like the video tho, it's kinda "underground", they are sort of going back to their roots in this one, playing as a no-name band on the streets (this is just my impression, it's probably different thing for everybody).

They don't have to really invent anything new, they have lots of old songs that are classics, and can do big fests and make money on them for a long time. However, the overall impression is that John was a big carrier of RHCP sound, and now that he is gone, they seem a bit lost. This song cannot be compared with most of previous songs IMHO.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 25 2011, 08:29 PM
Instructor
I just heard this one track, and it's super sad for me, but the chili peppers are using their own formula.. josh the new guitar player is a great guy and musician, but he's trying to imitate john so bad.. even with the backing vocals.

This is not at the level of ALL the previous records, not even the one with dave navarro or the ones with hillel slovack.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 26 2011, 09:07 PM
Instructor
Spot is not quite original, but the music is great biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 28 2011, 07:41 AM
Instructor
I can note the things that you are saying in your opinions... I think that it must be difficult to compose music after creating so many successful albums. I noted that the guitars are less important in this album and that's something that I wouldn't like to find in a RHCP album. I'll give this album some time and some more listens to define my opinion...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:06 PM