Gnr- Shackler's Revenge
swingline
Sep 23 2008, 06:48 AM
GMC:er
The song came out on Rockband recently and now there is a swarm of this song on Youtube. It is taken off of Rockband so that is why it is poor quality. Here's the Link, share your opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzMlCHxuZfo...feature=related

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Jakub Luptovec
Sep 23 2008, 06:54 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Sounds pretty much like standart, common, not too talented hard rock band.. with big recording budget. Reminds Marylin Manson at some parts:D Cant help myself..

Doesnt deserve Guns n' Roses title in my opinion..

But I guess, there will be HUGE audience, which will love to listen to this.. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
swingline
Sep 23 2008, 07:09 AM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Sep 22 2008, 10:54 PM) *
Sounds pretty much like standart, common, not too talented hard rock band.. with big recording budget. Reminds Marylin Manson at some parts:D Cant help myself..

Doesnt deserve Guns n' Roses title in my opinion..

But I guess, there will be HUGE audience, which will love to listen to this.. wink.gif

Just about my thoughts to the Tee. While it is better than I actually expected (I had some extremely low expectations for this) its still not all that good. Plus the solo is horrible!

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:

+Quote Post
gnrrock
Sep 23 2008, 07:23 AM
i did not like this song one bit dry.gif its just not Guns N Roses- the guitar work is nothing compared to what slash and izzy could do and the solo is just downright horrible- but im sure its always gonna b playing on the radio because it has the name Guns N Roses on it and people like this kinda trash nowadays

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 23 2008, 11:25 AM
Instructor
Yeah, I agree with you guys, this is far away from GnR work, shouldn't have GnR name attached to it.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
bsamn
Sep 23 2008, 01:00 PM
oh man first i was so excited when i saw the title,
but crap, this is just not GnR.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Sep 23 2008, 01:05 PM
dry.gif Very disapointing...

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Roadside
Sep 23 2008, 01:09 PM
can´t take such music seriously

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 23 2008, 03:27 PM
Well, it's much better than what I expected to hear on Chinese Democracy, but man, Bumblefoot's style just doesn't go well with Axel's voice... and he's wierd soloing just don't fit with GNR... their not bad, just wierd, that's Bumblefoot's thing, and GNR never been wierd, and shouldn't start.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2008, 05:18 PM
Instructor
Nothing so cool... I expect more from Axl.

I preffer AXL singing Velvet Revolver stuff than this pseudo-industrial-rock song.

Please AXL! rolleyes.gif Call your old friends to record a new rocker GNR album...

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Sep 23 2008, 05:18 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Sep 23 2008, 05:22 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 23 2008, 12:18 PM) *
Nothing so cool... I expect more from Axl.

I preffer AXL singing Velvet Revolver stuff than this pseudo-industrial-rock song.

Please AXL! rolleyes.gif Call your old friends to record a new rocker GNR album...

axl doesent HAVE any friends left. they all realized what an idiot he is, and left him. and honestly, who can blame them, the guys nuts. and a jerk. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2008, 05:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Sep 23 2008, 01:22 PM) *
axl doesent HAVE any friends left. they all realized what an idiot he is, and left him. and honestly, who can blame them, the guys nuts. and a jerk. rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif I'm starting to read Slash's book so then I'll know what does he think about AXL.

I would like to add that the strange solo of this song doesn't deserve to be part of a GNR song. mad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Sep 23 2008, 06:16 PM
Instructor
Didn't like it either. I expected much more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toroso
Sep 23 2008, 07:30 PM
Hmmmmm.... That draws wind.

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Sep 23 2008, 09:11 PM
it seems that this song is equal parts rock, electronica, and crap. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
swingline
Sep 23 2008, 09:57 PM
I just listened to it one more time, just to make sure that it 100% sucks, and it does. Its tolerable up to the solo then I have to take a trip to the bathroom.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Oct 22 2008, 06:23 PM
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=wfK7PZROl0I

But check this out.. Halfway the video. I haven't heard anything that epic in a long time.

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 22 2008, 06:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Oct 22 2008, 02:23 PM) *

But check this out.. Halfway the video. I haven't heard anything that epic in a long time.

That trailer motivates me a bit more... huh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Oct 22 2008, 08:46 PM
Axl rose is so annoying. I just cannot understand the appeal of this garbage, i mean, Why does anyone care about this fat, Mean, washed up loser anymore? Its not like hes ever been a creative songwriter or musician, just an annoying brat with a really whiny voice.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
JVM
Oct 22 2008, 09:03 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Oct 22 2008, 01:23 PM) *

Sounds horrid to me. Though shackler's revenge sounds OKAY, if very unoriginal, but I do like the solo actually. Not the guitar hero half-of-the-notes-missed version.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:43 AM