Emotive Ballad Improvisation, and some free backing tracks ...
Thilo
Dec 29 2009, 05:38 PM
GMC:er
Hi there,

this is my improvisation over the track "Emotive Ballad" from the guys at jamTrackCentral:

Attached File  Emotive_Ballad.mp3 ( 3.18MB ) Number of downloads: 2490

I'm quite glad with how it turned out, though I think it wouldn't hurt to get some more of those
speedy licks under my fingers. wink.gif But just have a listen yourself and tell me what you think.

By the way, this backing track is one of the free sample tracks provided by jamTrackCentral.
You can grab them here and have a go yourself.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Dec 29 2009, 05:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Thilo @ Dec 29 2009, 05:38 PM) *
Hi there,

this is my improvisation over the track "Emotive Ballad" from the guys at jamTrackCentral:

I'm quite glad with how it turned out, though I think it wouldn't hurt to get some more of those
speedy licks under my fingers. wink.gif But just have a listen yourself and tell me what you think.

By the way, this backing track is one of the free sample tracks provided by jamTrackCentral.

Very smooth playing, Thilo ! biggrin.gif I really like how the song's intensity increases towards the middle, then ends very softly. Relaxing music, well done ! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Staffy
Dec 29 2009, 07:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Thilo @ Dec 29 2009, 05:38 PM) *
Hi there,

Speedy licks??? What do You need them for?? This solo doesn't leaves nothing out, it's tasty, very well played and with great emotion, It's just great, why ruin it??? :-)

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Boson
Dec 29 2009, 11:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I like this a lot. Fits the backing really well. Well played smile.gif

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 31 2009, 03:01 AM
Instructor
Great stuff. I would like to hear this with clean guitar tone, I think it would sound even better.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
bleak
Dec 31 2009, 04:19 PM
Sounds great, some beautiful stuff in there! What did you use to record your lead? your tone sounds greats, very much like the tone guthrie uses to solo over it

+Quote Post
Thilo
Jan 2 2010, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the nice comments. biggrin.gif

@ bleak
I used the bridge pickup straight into my Vox Tonelab LE, which was set to some kind of US modern amp emulation with a touch of chorus, delay and spring reverb.

+Quote Post
bleak
Jan 3 2010, 02:09 AM
QUOTE (Thilo @ Jan 2 2010, 06:45 PM) *
Thanks for the nice comments. biggrin.gif

@ bleak
I used the bridge pickup straight into my Vox Tonelab LE, which was set to some kind of US modern amp emulation with a touch of chorus, delay and spring reverb.

and from the line out of the tonelab, you went straight into your soundcard input? I'm guessing you have a good soundcard to keep the high quality tone in the recording etc?
Sorry for the slightly idiotic questions.. im just getting into home recordings and stuff and wanted to get some gear, not sure wat to get and how to get a good sound

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 3 2010, 07:08 AM
Instructor
Great playing man. Very well controled with some great lines and licks.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Thilo
Jan 3 2010, 10:30 AM
QUOTE (bleak @ Jan 3 2010, 02:09 AM) *
and from the line out of the tonelab, you went straight into your soundcard input? I'm guessing you have a good soundcard to keep the high quality tone in the recording etc?
Sorry for the slightly idiotic questions.. im just getting into home recordings and stuff and wanted to get some gear, not sure wat to get and how to get a good sound

That's not an idiotic question at all. I completely missed that part of the chain. Actually the signal goes from the tonelab's line out to the "Phonic Helix Board 18 Firewire MK II", which is connected to the computer via firewire. It works great for me because you can stream all the channels independently to the computer, making it possible to mix and process them later in your DAW software. At the same time it works as an external soundcard with its own low latency drivers - VST plugins and instruments work much better that way. I think there's a new generation which also works with USB if you don't have a firewire card. But there are tons of similar audio interfaces on the market today. If you just need a device for recording and don't plan to use it for band rehearsals, then a pure USB/firewire audio interface (without all the mixer features like EQ etc.) is probably the cheaper solution.

+Quote Post
bleak
Jan 4 2010, 12:53 PM
QUOTE (Thilo @ Jan 3 2010, 09:30 AM) *
That's not an idiotic question at all. I completely missed that part of the chain. Actually the signal goes from the tonelab's line out to the "Phonic Helix Board 18 Firewire MK II", which is connected to the computer via firewire. It works great for me because you can stream all the channels independently to the computer, making it possible to mix and process them later in your DAW software. At the same time it works as an external soundcard with its own low latency drivers - VST plugins and instruments work much better that way. I think there's a new generation which also works with USB if you don't have a firewire card. But there are tons of similar audio interfaces on the market today. If you just need a device for recording and don't plan to use it for band rehearsals, then a pure USB/firewire audio interface (without all the mixer features like EQ etc.) is probably the cheaper solution.

cheers mate, appreciate your help

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 9 2010, 06:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Staffy @ Dec 29 2009, 07:15 PM) *
Speedy licks??? What do You need them for?? This solo doesn't leaves nothing out, it's tasty, very well played and with great emotion, It's just great, why ruin it??? :-)

//Staffay

Couldn't agree more, Staffy. It's very well executed!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
May 27 2010, 04:42 PM
Really tasty licks in here! and i like the tone as well smile.gif
Keep up the good work!!!

+Quote Post
playaxeman
May 27 2010, 04:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
You did a great job there pall.

Just checked the website but couldn't find the backing track

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
May 27 2010, 05:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Very well played ! Good job smile.gif

I've been playing over this BT a lot as well and the others BTs are also very good. But I think that offer was limited in time. So they are probably not available anymore.

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
fused
May 30 2010, 04:13 AM
Some great playing guys. Great job

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:00 PM