3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Metal Help Thread, possibly to END all Metal related recs
VinceG
Sep 26 2008, 07:14 AM
GMC:er
I got the idea from Metal Archives to do a Metal Help Thread. What it means is that, instead of flooding the forums with simple over-used Metal Recs that dies out in a couple of days, we should all just post it here. Every metal genre that you might in need of assistance/recommendations of some sort shall go here.

So yes, easier access to get what you want. Pretty much everyone here listens to Metal so you, the one who seeks the music recs, should never worry of not getting answered because pretty much everyone here has something to throw.

If its a bad idea, then delete it. If it is a good idea, start commencing the RECS!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 26 2008, 08:28 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I think there's another thread like this already..

Link!

Is it something like this you want? smile.gif

If not, sorry I misunderstood biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 26 2008, 04:59 PM
No, that's different. The idea is there, but its too cramped. The idea of this thread is to just get rid of the threads that ask for help on finding Metal bands with a distinct sound. Like for example, we have threads at the moment called Non Evil Metal and Acoustic Metal. Just to save more space on the boards, we should just start posting it here.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Sep 27 2008, 01:53 AM
I think this is a good idea, would make the forum much cleaner!

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 27 2008, 07:35 PM
I hope this works as well.

Well I'll start this thread. I'm looking for Doom bands in vein of Witchfinder General and Pentaram (US). Classic Sabbath style Doom.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Sep 27 2008, 11:07 PM
You should check out Krux, allthough I suspect you might already know of them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEaOri0Z4gk

EDIT: Hmm, this might not be what you're looking for though, it's Candlemass style (but better imo)

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Sep 27 2008, 11:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 27 2008, 11:42 PM
Hey thats awesome! Very crushing riffs. Not what I'm looking for but very good nonetheless. THANKS!

*headbangs*

This post has been edited by VinceG: Sep 27 2008, 11:42 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
steve25
Sep 28 2008, 11:44 AM
I'm looking for bands in the style of Opeth, Paradise Lost (In Requim style owned) and Daylight Dies style. I love the atmosphere they give in their music. So yeah any recommendations would be appreciated

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Sep 28 2008, 12:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (steve25 @ Sep 28 2008, 06:44 AM) *
I'm looking for bands in the style of Opeth, Paradise Lost (In Requim style owned) and Daylight Dies style. I love the atmosphere they give in their music. So yeah any recommendations would be appreciated

Try Anathema and Riverside.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
steve25
Sep 28 2008, 02:37 PM
Cool cheers i've heard a few tracks off of myspace now and they seem good so far.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Sep 28 2008, 04:37 PM
great topic. im looking for some symphonic metal, like Nightwish, and some Morbid angel style Death Metal.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 28 2008, 05:32 PM
Man, Morbid Angel's style of Death Metal is pretty unheard of, at least for me. They have the whole dirty sludgy feel of Death Metal that no one can imitate. Your out of luck if your looking for bands in the same sense as Morbid Angel, sorry Guitarman700.

For Symphonic Metal, you might like:
Rhapsody Of Fire.
After Forever had been getting a lot of buzz in Symphonic Gohic genre, you might like them as well.
Limbonic Art is my favorite Symphonic Black Metal band, you might like them.
Turisas- Folk/Symphonic Metal

This post has been edited by VinceG: Sep 28 2008, 05:43 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
steve25
Sep 28 2008, 11:19 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Sep 28 2008, 04:37 PM) *
great topic. im looking for some symphonic metal, like Nightwish, and some Morbid angel style Death Metal.

Within Temptation?

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Sep 29 2008, 12:39 AM
Actually, I might be saying this since they are one of my favourite bands, but for Morbid Angel style death, try Bloodbath. And no, not the first 3 records, but Unblessing the Purity wich was released earlier this year is definetly in the morbid angel style, and the fathomless mastery will be another step in that direction. Allthough, it's not that sludgy morbid angel style, it's more similar to faster songs like for example this means war, etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 29 2008, 01:12 AM
This may be a little broad, ( Im not so familar with all types of Metal.)

So Im just going to make a little sentence.

If I like August Burns Red then I would like ________

If I like the Lyrics and Vocals of Protest the Hero and Im looking for something more heavier but still maintains great Lyrics and Vocals then I would Like _______

Hope that works biggrin.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Sep 29 2008, 01:46 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (steve25 @ Sep 28 2008, 06:19 PM) *
Within Temptation?

Within Temptation is great.

A few others are...

Strams of Passion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40cLOS9Lr5k

Amberian Dawn - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40cLOS9Lr5k

Amaran (Not really Epic but Great!) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GETTwcoRRq4

Sirenia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njPWBTIv9qw

Tristania - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpPHx_Y2aTw

Enjoy!

This post has been edited by opeth.db: Sep 29 2008, 02:40 AM

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 29 2008, 01:46 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Sep 29 2008, 05:12 AM) *

If I like the Lyrics and Vocals of Protest the Hero and Im looking for something more heavier but still maintains great Lyrics and Vocals then I would Like _______

the answer for B would be Scar Symmetry and Into Eternity

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 29 2008, 02:40 AM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Sep 28 2008, 04:46 PM) *
the answer for B would be Scar Symmetry and Into Eternity

Thanks Vince, I appreciate the response . I checked out the bands. They seem a little "evil" to say the least, anything that sounds alot like Protest the Hero , I guess we would be channeling into MathCore now wouldnt we ? huh.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 29 2008, 07:39 AM
Nah, not really an evil band though. Lots of philosophical things about life in general. Protest the Hero sings bout those stuff as well so I figure it would be right on your alley haha.

Hmm check out Candiria, Shai Hulud, and Dillinger Escape Plan if you want mathcore/hardcore stuff.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Sep 29 2008, 08:02 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Sep 28 2008, 08:12 PM) *

I love ABR so I may be able to help on this one. Try: I Killed The Prom Queen, As I Lay Dying, Bury Your Dead, Sky Eats Airplane, Emmure, Whitechapel, Winds Of Plague, Suicide Silence, The Warriors, Veil Of Maya, Born Of Osiris. Any of those hardcore metal style bands pretty much fit in the same category but ABR have their own distinct sound so its hard to match something up perfectly.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:53 AM