4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Question For Marcus Siepen, ...?
Juan M. Valero
Mar 10 2008, 03:04 PM
Instructor
Inspiring words, Marcus, for all the people that are trying to live with his music ... like me !! tongue.gif
I think we must be prepared for the worse but fight to get the best. That's my thought biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 10 2008, 03:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 10 2008, 02:03 PM) *
exactly. i don't believe in luck.

Actually small amount of luck is welcome,
just to get to some point(or someone) a little bit easier and faster maybe.
But it's not crucial for sure,hard work and devoting is.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 10 2008, 03:14 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks for a very inspirational reply Marcus! biggrin.gif

I find this part particularly motivating

QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 10 2008, 12:44 PM) *
We always focused on our vision, we never compromised about this, thats the reason for example why the time between 2 BG albums is not really short. If it takes us 2 years to write 10 or 12 songs for a new album then we will take those 2 years to write them, we don't want only 2 or 3 good songs and fill the rest with weaker stuff just for the sake of releasing an album once a year.

Not only does this justify the time gaps between my own band's songs laugh.gif but I also think this applies to playing and practicing in general: If you want quality (and who doesn't ? Quality is what you hear in your favorite musicians) give it some time combined with extremely hard work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Mar 10 2008, 03:26 PM
Instructor
Well I believe that there are two major things in life, things that depend on us and the things that don't.

For the things that depend on us, we cannot hope for the luck but work hard to achieve it, but also need a bit of luck that the other things align with us as well smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 10 2008, 03:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I think it's quite hard to stay together for 20 years+. That probably means, you guys just fit eachother, that's cool!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 10 2008, 04:48 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Of course being lucky once in a while is a nice thing, but you just can't make any plans for your own future based on luck, if luck is all you have to offer you won't survive, period! And Kristofer is absolutely right, quality takes time, of course it is possible to write a full album in a few weeks and record it in another few weeks,but will the songs be good ones in the end? Will the album sound good? I have my doubts... well, I know that I can't write songs like that at least tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 10 2008, 04:58 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Dejan @ Mar 10 2008, 03:26 PM) *
Well I believe that there are two major things in life, things that depend on us and the things that don't.

For the things that depend on us, we cannot hope for the luck but work hard to achieve it, but also need a bit of luck that the other things align with us as well smile.gif

So well explained.

There is an old saying that might be appropiate too, it's something like "Chance favors the prepared mind"

I believe that's true.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 10 2008, 05:32 PM
QUOTE (Fran @ Mar 10 2008, 04:58 PM) *
So well explained.

There is an old saying that might be appropiate too, it's something like "Chance favors the prepared mind"

I believe that's true.

This is definitely true. German golf pro Bernhard Langer once hit an incredible ball that was actually stuck in a tree, and when some guy asked him in an interview about his immense luck with this ball, his answer was "Yeah, funny, the harder I practice the luckier I get"... Words of wisdom laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 10 2008, 05:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 10 2008, 05:32 PM) *
"Yeah, funny, the harder I practice the luckier I get"... Words of wisdom laugh.gif

Well said biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Melodic Axeman
Mar 10 2008, 06:30 PM
GMC:er
for the ones who don't knows bg history, I suggest to read this article:

http://www.the-following.com/page.php?show=history_bg

It's also very funny, it's an interview released by hansi I think smile.gif

Maybe marcus has some other funny things to tell about that time laugh.gif don't you?

This post has been edited by Melodic Axeman: Mar 10 2008, 08:20 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 11 2008, 12:50 AM
Instructor
I've just seen the topics development and had a great inspiration, thanks all, some very nice stuff said, especially from Marcus and Muris.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Kyle Logue
Mar 11 2008, 01:47 AM
Drum instructor
thanks for the responses marcus!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 11 2008, 07:45 PM
You want to hear something funny about the old BG times? Lol, actually I had to think of this while recording my warming up lesson... back then, warming up for us looked like this... we put our hand above a heater for about 5 minutes rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kyle Logue
Mar 11 2008, 07:58 PM
Drum instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 11 2008, 12:45 PM) *
You want to hear something funny about the old BG times? Lol, actually I had to think of this while recording my warming up lesson... back then, warming up for us looked like this... we put our hand above a heater for about 5 minutes rolleyes.gif

haha that's great

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Mar 12 2008, 06:01 AM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 11 2008, 01:45 PM) *

Dude, that reminded me so much of myself. Whenever my band gets together to jam it is always so cold! The joints are all numb and locked up and we crowd around a tiny space heater/run hot water then warm up exercises...then all over again.

Words of wisdom: practice in warm places!

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Khaos Keith
Mar 12 2008, 11:05 AM
if im playing a show i warm up first, then keep my hands in my pockets in between the time i go on stage haha. oh and i bite on my fingertips a bit before i go on, gets the blood rushing and a little tingly and ready to go, at least it feels that way to me hahah.

--------------------
Random Person : "got a myspace page?"

Me : "hahaha who doesn't? the url is

http://www.myspace.com/maidenmayhem

hahah"

+Quote Post
Melodic Axeman
Mar 12 2008, 04:49 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 11 2008, 07:45 PM) *

That's the secret... the [fornicating] heater! ohmy.gif Tell us the brand!

Edited for language - Andrew

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 13 2008, 02:11 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
How do you feel about BG cover bands or bands playing BG covers? Does it compliment you that young people are trying to play your music and enjoy that?

What are your memories of Belgrade and the concert you had here on 22 jul 2007 ? wink.gif

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 13 2008, 09:52 AM
Of course it is great to see that our music means something to new bands, that we are inspiring or influencing them, so yeah, I love to hear covers that other bands do of our songs. And we also love covering other bands from time to time, like we did with Queen, Deep Purple and many others. And that gig in Belgrade was awesome, all the shows that we played there on the last tour rocked. The only problem that we had last time was our Nightliner, it was so damn hot and the aircondition was about to die tongue.gif The outside temperature was like 42° and inside the bus, WITH the aircondition working, it was around 38°... But playing in Belgrade definitely rocked.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Didrid
May 7 2008, 04:27 PM
Did you ever think about studying physics deeply or working at a bank?
Do you have favorite movies based on World of Warcraft engine?
Did you try other mmorpg? Lineage 2 to be precise smile.gif
What do you think about Quake 3, Starcraft?
Did you see a ufo or any member of BG talked to you about it?
Do you believe in astrology?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:07 AM