4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Question For Marcus Siepen, ...?
Ivan Milenkovic
May 7 2008, 09:50 PM
Instructor
unsure.gif those are not cool question m8 laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 8 2008, 10:21 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
QUOTE (Didrid @ May 7 2008, 05:27 PM) *
Did you ever think about studying physics deeply or working at a bank?
Do you have favorite movies based on World of Warcraft engine?
Did you try other mmorpg? Lineage 2 to be precise smile.gif
What do you think about Quake 3, Starcraft?
Did you see a ufo or any member of BG talked to you about it?
Do you believe in astrology?

Studying physics? ähh.... no wink.gif Working in a bank? No way, I would have to wear a suit and a tie all day long, not my thing tongue.gif My fave movie based on the WoW engine is the cinematic trailer or WoW laugh.gif
If I tried other mmorpg's? What do you mean, other than World of Warcraft???? Are there other games than World of Warcraft?????? tongue.gif Before 2005 I played about every computer game that has ever been released (yeah, I know, I am a bit addicted to computer games), but since the day I bought WoW I stopped playing any other games. All I need is WoW, that's fine for me.
I always loved Starcraft, and I also like Quake 3, just as I loved Parts 1, 2 and 4, but as I just said, since I have WoW I don't really play other games anymore, I buy them, install them, try them for about one hour... and then I go back to WoW rolleyes.gif
Yes, I already saw an UFO, but no, I don't believe in astrology

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Harris Sopovic
May 8 2008, 05:24 PM
Instructor
Why am i not surprised that someone from BG is playing WoW.... ? haha

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 8 2008, 06:01 PM
lol, I don't know, maybe because it is well known that Andre and me are addicted? wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Harlequin
May 8 2008, 06:11 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 8 2008, 07:01 PM) *
lol, I don't know, maybe because it is well known that Andre and me are addicted? wink.gif

I think I have a title for the next Blind Guardian album: "Nightfall in World of Warcraft" - or the orchestral album will be about WoW, not LoTR wink.gif

--------------------
"'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.'" - Terry Pratchett

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 8 2008, 07:17 PM
next album??? Orchestral project?????????????? I don't have time for this, I have to raid Mount Hyjal now tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
May 8 2008, 07:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Too bad the music in WoW ain't that epic, though tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Harlequin
May 8 2008, 07:28 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 8 2008, 08:17 PM) *
next album??? Orchestral project?????????????? I don't have time for this, I have to raid Mount Hyjal now tongue.gif

Don`t forget that you also have GMC, we are still waiting for new lessons tongue.gif How about a note in the next booklet under "Marcus thanks..."? wink.gif But I'm looking forward to see "Marcus & Andrè thank Blizzards' World of Warcraft for its inspiration" biggrin.gif

--------------------
"'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.'" - Terry Pratchett

+Quote Post
Melodic Axeman
May 8 2008, 07:59 PM
marcus how do you guys came out with bard's song? What the hell have you eat at breakfast that day?

+Quote Post
Canis
May 8 2008, 08:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Melodic Axeman @ May 8 2008, 08:59 PM) *
marcus how do you guys came out with bard's song? What the hell have you eat at breakfast that day?

They problaby ate some cereals called: "Win!" and drank "Pure Awesomeness!", and came up with the Greatest acoustic song EVER biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 9 2008, 07:39 AM
Are you playing WoW on german servers only?
I've spent some hours on the english speaking servers, mainly Bladefist, Outland and finally ended up on Neptulon.
We where doing the end-game instances and I was doing some pvp-ing on my own since the guild wasn't into that. Got to centurion.
I quit though when the level 70 expansion was released. I saw how much more grinding it brought and how it changed the pvp-ing so all my work was wasted. To keep up I would have to start it all over under new rules. The things I've worked months to get was achievable in days.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 9 2008, 08:15 AM
Instructor
Thanks for a very inspirational reply Marcus.

i must confess, when i heard Nightfall in the middle earth for first time, i discover my passion for the music. n i want to say thx to all blind guardian!!! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Lian.

My Lessons:
Speed Metal Here
Dimmu Borgir Style Here
Luca Turilli Style Here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 9 2008, 10:45 AM
Instructor
Marcus, I wanted to ask you about that Gibson Robot guitar invention, since you are endorsed and playing Gibsons all the time. Have you tried it yet? How does it work in real life situations?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 9 2008, 11:34 AM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ May 9 2008, 09:15 AM) *
Thanks for a very inspirational reply Marcus.

i must confess, when i heard Nightfall in the middle earth for first time, i discover my passion for the music. n i want to say thx to all blind guardian!!! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Lian.

Thats great to hear Lian, I am honored :-)

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 9 2008, 11:45 AM) *
Marcus, I wanted to ask you about that Gibson Robot guitar invention, since you are endorsed and playing Gibsons all the time. Have you tried it yet? How does it work in real life situations?

Yes Ivan, I used this system at home, in the studio and on stage, and it rules big time. I don't have one of those Robot guitars (lol, I don't like the color wink.gif ), but I have one of the Prototypes that Gibson built with the tronical system, actually it is exactly the same as the robot guitar, just that mine is black, it looks muuuuch nicer tongue.gif Aside from this I am about to get another one, A Les paul Custom, also with the Tronical system, I'm really looking forward to that one. The Tronical system works amazingly well, you can tune your guitar in between songs on stage, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds and you are ready to rock. Another thing that I love is that you can of course do much more than just tune your guitar, actually you can store 6 different tunings in the system. I have always been way to lazy to experiment with different tunings, but now I really love to mess around with this, after all it is just a matter of a few seconds to get the guitar into whatever tuning.

QUOTE (blindwillie @ May 9 2008, 08:39 AM) *
Are you playing WoW on german servers only?
I've spent some hours on the english speaking servers, mainly Bladefist, Outland and finally ended up on Neptulon.
We where doing the end-game instances and I was doing some pvp-ing on my own since the guild wasn't into that. Got to centurion.
I quit though when the level 70 expansion was released. I saw how much more grinding it brought and how it changed the pvp-ing so all my work was wasted. To keep up I would have to start it all over under new rules. The things I've worked months to get was achievable in days.

Yeah, I play on german servers, and I know what you mean about working for months to get certain things, and then, after Burning Crusade came out, every crappy green questitem was better than your t2 armour. But well, I can't stop, WoW is just the best computer game that I know wink.gif

Lol, and finally about our Bard song breakfast... lol, most likely bread with Nutella rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 9 2008, 12:03 PM
Instructor
Marcus Siepen

"""Yes Ivan, I used this system at home, in the studio and on stage, and it rules big time. I don't have one of those Robot guitars (lol, I don't like the color wink.gif ), but I have one of the Prototypes that Gibson built with the tronical system, actually it is exactly the same as the robot guitar, just that mine is black, it looks muuuuch nicer tongue.gif Aside from this I am about to get another one, A Les paul Custom, also with the Tronical system, I'm really looking forward to that one. The Tronical system works amazingly well, you can tune your guitar in between songs on stage, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds and you are ready to rock. Another thing that I love is that you can of course do much more than just tune your guitar, actually you can store 6 different tunings in the system. I have always been way to lazy to experiment with different tunings, but now I really love to mess around with this, after all it is just a matter of a few seconds to get the guitar into whatever tuning."""

That system sounds like a great thing. I asked you because I noticed the Tronical banner on your endorsers page too so wanted to check out how it behaves in everyday life. i had some doubts about the systems functionality on stage etc. but don't anymore wink.gif . And yes, the black LP sure looks cooler than a robot one! smile.gif

Let us know when you get the new LP Custom, and maybe post some pictures if possible. I think that would be awesome indeed! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: May 9 2008, 12:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 9 2008, 03:42 PM
One of the BG backliners originally told me about the tronical system, and my very first reaction was "this can't work!!!" lol, well, it works very well and don't worry, as soon as I get my new guitar I will use it for a lesson smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
May 12 2008, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Hey Marcus i have a question for you

What is the secret with your rythm playing?

How did you do to become that fast

I am struggeling to become the fast myself so i was hopening that you have some tips

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 13 2008, 09:02 PM
Even though my answer might disappoint you, it is very simple... practice a lot wink.gif As everything else about learning guitar, also speed has to be trained, no matter if it is speed in leads or speed in rhythm playing. Important is that you start slow, and try to play precise at that speed, only when you can play a certain rhythm at a certain speed you should slowly speed up. It just doesn't make sense to start at a high speed and play very unprecise, it will never sound good like that. So pick whatever rhythm you want to play, set a metronome to a rather slow speed and start practicing. When you are good at that speed, set the metronome to a slightly faster speed ( like 5 - 10 bpm faster) and continue, like this you will become a fast rhythm player for sure wink.gif
PS: a nice training is to grab your guitar while watching tv for example, just train your right hand like that, it helps.

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
May 13 2008, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 13 2008, 10:02 PM) *
Even though my answer might disappoint you, it is very simple... practice a lot wink.gif As everything else about learning guitar, also speed has to be trained, no matter if it is speed in leads or speed in rhythm playing. Important is that you start slow, and try to play precise at that speed, only when you can play a certain rhythm at a certain speed you should slowly speed up. It just doesn't make sense to start at a high speed and play very unprecise, it will never sound good like that. So pick whatever rhythm you want to play, set a metronome to a rather slow speed and start practicing. When you are good at that speed, set the metronome to a slightly faster speed ( like 5 - 10 bpm faster) and continue, like this you will become a fast rhythm player for sure wink.gif
PS: a nice training is to grab your guitar while watching tv for example, just train your right hand like that, it helps.

Thanks for the answer...I guess i will just have to be patient but i must admit that my rythm playing is pretty fast and espesally my tremelo but i will practise harder and try to play some of your work

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 15 2008, 10:02 AM
playing a lot is the best you can do if you want to get ahead

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:10 AM