Star Spangled Banner (it's Almost July), Could we include scores for creativity?
Hammerhead
Jun 2 2009, 12:33 AM
GMC:er
Aloha to all,
I had the thought that each month ...or what not, there could be one assignment that could be graded for the REC program, and this piece would not have to be a GMC Lesson, but instead could be just be a song or Anthem that many people would know. The song title would be posted. Then anyone interested would either practice it or find a way to learn it if they don't already know it. (It would not have to be complete songs but perhaps 1-2 minutes of a song.)

The Star spangled banner would be an example. During the holidays it could be more traditional songs: We wish you a Merry Christmas, or Carol of the Bells (I think of Trans Siberian Orchestra and how creative they were with this song.). Even inspirational songs that many would know... Purple haze, or let everybody vote for a song. This would allow the REC program to include some of our more creative performances!

What does everybody think? Could we try one for July and make it the Star Spangled Banner?
cool.gif

Robert

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Praetorian
Jun 2 2009, 12:38 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I think that is a GREAT idea!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Jun 2 2009, 03:53 AM
GMC:er
Praetorian,
Thanks! I'm gonna post it under the REC forum as well... I think it would be great cool.gif

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:32 PM