How To Get Your Sound
avodiez
Apr 21 2008, 07:33 AM
GMC:er
Hi Muris,

I've been following your lessons for a while and, first of all, I would like to say that I'm about becoming a Muris-fanatic wink.gif

The question is: can you give some information about the basic steps to take for getting a sound similar to yours?

I know it is a wide generic question but let me explain a bit: every player has its own preferences on equalizating and setting its rig no matter which particular components the rig has and no matter the particular trade mark used (for example, I've been able to take the same sound out of my live rig based on mesa amps and my studio rig based on low cost berhinger components and I checked out that the secret was laying on the basic principles of how you equializate the signal and how you process the dinamyc effects you apply to it -If somebody would ask me how to get a sound similar to mine, I wouldn't recommend to buy a mark iv without explaining first how do I set its eq-module)

So, the question: can you give us some generic information about how you equalizate you sound and which effects you use to use?

Thank you very much,

Alvaro

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 21 2008, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Hi Alvaro and welcome to GMC. smile.gif

The question you are asking is tricky indeed,related to general EQ spectrum if I got you right.
Problem is that I don't know that much about EQ spectrum,
I'm still just a guitarist,not a sound engineer.
My point is,I always set EQ by using my ears only,no matter what unit/amp I'm playing.
Triaxis through poweramp ,Triaxis directly into PA/audio card,Pandora through an amp etc.
Settings are always different,specially when it's different amp or som. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
avodiez
Apr 21 2008, 07:04 PM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Apr 21 2008, 08:29 AM) *
Hi Alvaro and welcome to GMC. smile.gif

The question you are asking is tricky indeed,related to general EQ spectrum if I got you right.
Problem is that I don't know that much about EQ spectrum,
I'm still just a guitarist,not a sound engineer.
My point is,I always set EQ by using my ears only,no matter what unit/amp I'm playing.
Triaxis through poweramp ,Triaxis directly into PA/audio card,Pandora through an amp etc.
Settings are always different,specially when it's different amp or som. smile.gif

Absolutely, it's guite difficult to generalize and I apologize if the question is misplaced.

Related to the EQ, I'm aware it's impossible to move one amp's setting to another and get the same output but I was wondering if you use to start from scratch each time you set a new rig up or, otherwise, you usually start with a preconceived idea in mind and then you try to get it out from the new rig (for example, if you don't like mid range, you'd start setting it to cero from the beginning and then rise it up as your ears dictate you). Actually, the question was how generous you are while setting each eq-range (bass, middle, treble).

Excuse me if the question is answered anywhere else (I didn't find it)

And thank you very much again,

Alvaro

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 21 2008, 07:13 PM
Instructor
I'm just messing with EQ's a bit until I find what I'm looking for.
As you said,some people don't like midds but it also related to amp.
Some amps have very boosted midd when turning it up
while some amp are adding midds a lot more smoothly.
So let's say I start from a scratch,each EQ setting is scratch unless it's OFF.

And you don't need to apologize at all,great question but tricky to answer! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
avodiez
Apr 23 2008, 08:50 PM
hehe, laugh.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...c=14555&hl=

lot of ones asking something similar (but in a proper english wink.gif )

cheers

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 23 2008, 09:49 PM
Instructor
Yeah, a million dollars Q. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:03 PM