2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Best Adventure Games!, Let's discuss them...
Tuubsu
Mar 8 2008, 09:55 PM
GMC:er
Hey, is here any other guys or gals in gmc who are like me and REALLY dig adventure games?
I don't play much games these days but I sometimes take up an adventure game challenge still, cos I love em! wub.gif

So share me with your favourite adventure games and tell something about them, no matter how old or how crappy graphics they have?

First of all I think every adventure gamer knows the gamehouse Lucas Arts, it has to be the biggest name in the adventure game industry, right?

My Faves are:

The Monkey Island series; The first one I like the most, though every one is good(theres 4 of them), funny as heck!
Idea is: You are Guybrush Threepwood who wants to be a pirate in the caribbean. (theres a lot of jokes and easter eggs in these games) laugh.gif

Grim Fandago; The Idea is just great and actually I was just planning to replay this game as it's been awhile.
You are Manny Calavera a "travel agent" In the land of the dead, which is a place where you go after you die, you make a little screw up in your job and thats where the long adventure begins. smile.gif

The Dig; Exciting story, very old game, but cool!
You are part of a crew who is sent in space to blow up an asteroid which is heading towards earth(if I remember correctly) and in the asteroid you find a portal to some strange planet, lord knows how far away. blink.gif

Full Throttle; Cool, 'nuff said.
I really can't remember anything from the plot, it's been so long, but anyways your a motorcycle gangmember and theres a lot happening. cool.gif

Leisure Suit Larry; the last one(magna cum laude) isn't an adventure game but 1-7 are nice ones.
Your Larry and you wanna get laid, with the hottest foxes around. cool.gif

I'm sure I'm forgetting something here, there's so many of them!

So if you know any good adventures that you would like to recommend, please do so!
I would also like to know if someone has played the sam&max series or the Runaway series, are they good, funny?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 8 2008, 09:59 PM
Broken Sword 1 and 2

Mist

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 8 2008, 10:13 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 8 2008, 10:59 PM) *
Broken Sword 1 and 2

Mist

I'd like if you would tell what the general Idea is also... wink.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 8 2008, 10:17 PM
QUOTE (Tuubsu @ Mar 8 2008, 09:13 PM) *
I'd like if you would tell what the general Idea is also... wink.gif

You ask for too much Tuubsu biggrin.gif

Broken Sword is a point and click adventure involving the main character called George where you have to look round certain landscapes searching for clues to who the killer is and also you have to solve many puzzles. Based in many modern areas such as Paris and Ireland, as well as really old areas such as Castles and Mayan and Aztec style ruins, you get a real sense that you are the person and you are responsible for bringing justice to the case. It is a great series and I fully recommend them.

Myst is weird lol. Many puzzles that you have to solve. Puzzle after puzzle to get to where you want to be and it's a very long and confusing game but well worth the effort. It's so confusing I can;t offer much info on it lol.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Mar 9 2008, 01:08 PM
Best games ever! You already listed the best ones. I'll just add the Indiana Jones and Kings Quest series.

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Mar 9 2008, 01:09 PM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Mar 9 2008, 01:15 PM
I haven't really played that many adventure games. The God of War series is awesome though.
And I've also played a demo of Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, and it seems great.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Siggum
Mar 9 2008, 01:20 PM
Mist was really something special , i loved the atmosphere in that game.

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 9 2008, 01:24 PM
Instructor
Day of the Tentacle ! biggrin.gif Brilliant game.

Others i think is some of the best are: The Monkey Island series, Larry series, Maniac Mansion and Little Big Adventure

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
visi0n
Mar 9 2008, 01:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Monkey Island !! biggrin.gif and Full Throttle !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Mar 9 2008, 01:26 PM
Ive played the Jak and Daxter games...
Do those count?

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 9 2008, 03:26 PM
QUOTE (Capt.Z @ Mar 9 2008, 02:26 PM) *
Ive played the Jak and Daxter games...
Do those count?

No, they don't, Jak and daxter are in the same game genre as Mario for example... I don't know what you call them in english but in Finnish we call them "Tasohyppely"=(straigth translation) "Level jumping". Adventure games don't have levels, they might have chapters, but they have a very fluent storyline.
Edit. or maybe action-adventure, but thats not what I'm talking about here... smile.gif

Trond, How could have I forgotten the day of the tentacle, it is brilliant! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Tuubsu: Mar 9 2008, 03:28 PM

--------------------
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 9 2008, 04:51 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
"Platformers" are the term uised for those games.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 9 2008, 05:09 PM
Instructor
Full Throttle and Monkey Island series !!! biggrin.gif those are greats

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Mar 9 2008, 05:22 PM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Mar 9 2008, 06:08 AM) *
Best games ever! You already listed the best ones. I'll just add the Indiana Jones and Kings Quest series.

oh man Kings Quest series is AWESOME!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Mark.
Mar 9 2008, 05:28 PM
I'd say the legend of zelda series and tales of symphonia, those are adventure games,right ? blink.gif

This post has been edited by Mark.: Mar 9 2008, 05:29 PM

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 9 2008, 05:44 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Mar 9 2008, 06:28 PM) *
I'd say the legend of zelda series and tales of symphonia, those are adventure games,right ? blink.gif

Legend of zelda is so great, but I think it's a platformer too... we were talking about those kinda point and click adventures, you usually can't die in those... Do you guys by the way know how to ACTUALLY die in monkey island? I believe theres a way in every part of the game.

--------------------
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Mar 9 2008, 06:11 PM
I love adventure games they are so much fun smile.gif

My favorites are:

Monkey Island 3
Broken Sword 2
Leisure Suit Larry 6 & 7
Discworld 2 (awesome game smile.gif )

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 25 2008, 01:45 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
For me its Monkey Island 3 , Grim Fandango, Broken Sword 1 and 2 wink.gif

I remember having so much fun with those games..I really got a feeling that I lived their stories smile.gif

Haven't played adventure games in years now sad.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 25 2008, 07:09 PM
Instructor
Ah! Forgot all about Grim Fandango smile.gif
Another one (but alot newer) i loved was the recent Call of Chtulhu game called Dark Corners of the Earth.
Really atmospheric and creepy game, and very re-playable

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Mar 25 2008, 07:10 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Kaneda
Mar 26 2008, 07:06 AM
Other side of the coin
Grim Fandango certainly was my favorite. The scope of that story... But yeah, all of the LucasArts adventures, from Maniac Mansion to (somewhat) Escape from Monkey Island (CMI was my favorite in that series).

I grew up on those games, spent years figuring out how they worked internally too smile.gif

This post has been edited by Kaneda: Mar 26 2008, 07:07 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:11 AM