QUOTE (tflava @ Jan 24 2021, 08:24 PM) *
Thanks man!

Here is my mix and guitar only file wink.gif

[attachment=51316:Naming_c..._TIM_mix.mp3]

[attachment=51317:Naming_c...tar_only.mp3]

Greetz Tim

Killer responses, thanks mate πŸ‘Š

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 25 2021, 10:09 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 24 2021, 02:56 PM) *
Looking forward to your next reply 😁

Are you going to call me again or should I just go with the same call?

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

β€œSuccess is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 25 2021, 01:34 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 25 2021, 10:09 AM) *
Are you going to call me again or should I just go with the same call?

Cheers

I called you again at the bottom of this post 😎

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 25 2021, 09:58 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 25 2021, 12:34 PM) *
I called you again at the bottom of this post 😎

Sorry buddy, I missed that. Here is my take 2, I'm enjoying this biggrin.gif

There are a couple of cheeky notes in a couple of places you might not expect so you need to listen to it all, I hope you can see what I was trying to do wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/call-jam-take-2-mix

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/call-jam-take-2-guitar-only

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

β€œSuccess is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 29 2021, 08:58 AM
GMC Founder
We have a first mix!!

Attached File  GMC_name_calling_mix1.mp3 ( 5.36MB ) Number of downloads: 100

To my ears this sounds absolutely amazing, both in terms of call and response (you can really hear how I am communicating with the leads - and how different each conversation is - just like we are different human beings) and also the guitar tones.

This is an extremely open backing - so I went pretty aggressive with the reverbs / delays. And since I could give everybody a similar touch - this sounds super coherent and much more professional to my ears. Each take has several verbs and delays.

You can hear there are some empty slots, I will fix those prior to the final mix. But I want to give people some more time.

Also - if you want me to call your name just let me know, I am eager to record more! I can also record a 2nd / 3rd (etc) take for those who have already participated.

Exciting stuff!!!!! πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 29 2021, 09:50 AM
Sounds great buddy, do you think my little "words" worked in my 2nd take when you called my name and when you asked if I was ready? I guess a bit of wah would have made them more vocal but I'm having trouble with my foot controller rolleyes.gif

Call me any time buddy cool.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 29 2021, 10:14 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 29 2021, 11:39 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 29 2021, 09:50 AM) *
Sounds great buddy, do you think my little "words" worked in my 2nd take when you called my name and when you asked if I was ready? I guess a bit of wah would have made them more vocal but I'm having trouble with my foot controller rolleyes.gif

Yeah!! I loved that part, you can really hear how we are speaking!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 29 2021, 03:12 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Nicely mixed man πŸ‘Œ
You can call me another tim(e) if you want 😎

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 29 2021, 05:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
I will try and get a take in during this weekend smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 30 2021, 03:00 AM
GMC:er
I often use two cabs in THU with two mics each. It tends to give a better vibe. smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 24 2021, 10:47 AM) *
Strange, I went through a Marshall and 4x12 with two mics in TH-U, I'll check it out later wink.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 30 2021, 07:07 AM
Thanks buddy,

Two different cabs?

Cheers?

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 30 2021, 02:00 AM) *
I often use two cabs in THU with two mics each. It tends to give a better vibe. smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 30 2021, 09:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here you go, Kris. I hope this is alright. A bit high gainy maybe smile.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 31 2021, 05:34 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Kris_Call_Out_with_backing.mp3 ( 1.48MB ) Number of downloads: 79
Attached File  Kris_Call_Out_without_backing.mp3 ( 1.48MB ) Number of downloads: 70

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 31 2021, 01:06 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 30 2021, 09:31 PM) *
Here you go, Kris. I hope this is alright. A bit high gainy maybe smile.gif

Awesome Ben! Both sound amazing but they are not the same solos?! πŸ˜… Maybe you sent me the wrong 'guitar only ' file.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 31 2021, 05:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 31 2021, 02:06 PM) *
Awesome Ben! Both sound amazing but they are not the same solos?! πŸ˜… Maybe you sent me the wrong 'guitar only ' file.

Oops! SHould be fixed now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 1 2021, 08:50 PM
Yup! Like this smile.gif Here is the preset in a zip file as well. Also, here is a video to show how to import an .OVP file in to THU.

Attached File  DoubleCab.ovp.zip ( 3.96K ) Number of downloads: 70

Attached Image

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 30 2021, 02:07 AM) *
Thanks buddy,

Two different cabs?

Cheers?

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 1 2021, 08:51 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 1 2021, 09:12 PM
Thanks Todd,

I usually drag and drop patches. That patch is so noisy on my system, with the output in TH-U all the way down, the output meter is almost half full blink.gif

Thanks for sharing though.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 2 2021, 03:01 AM
I was just trying to share a dual cab patch as kris has mentioned a clip posted sounded like it didn't have a cab engaged? Sometimes double cabs/quad mics sounds better in thu. You may need to tweak it a bit of course. I don't think the noise gate is set high enough by default, but I don't want it too high or folks get signal cut off. Here it is with the gain on the main amp turned down and the noise gate turned up. it's just to share cabs/mics mostly. You may have noticed most of the rack unit effects are turned off btw.

Attached File  bitlessvolume.ovp.zip ( 4.15K ) Number of downloads: 73

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 1 2021, 04:12 PM) *
Thanks Todd,

I usually drag and drop patches. That patch is so noisy on my system, with the output in TH-U all the way down, the output meter is almost half full blink.gif

Thanks for sharing though.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 2 2021, 03:13 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 2 2021, 06:20 AM
Thanks buddy.

Yeah I noticed that most were turned off. It looks like a different way of doing things to me. Kinda like a full setup that one would have with hardware rather than just a patch. When I make a patch I only use what I want so everything in that patch is switched on. Horses for courses I guess. wink.gif

Cheers buddy, every day is a school day eh? smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 2 2021, 02:01 AM) *
I was just trying to share a dual cab patch as kris has mentioned a clip posted sounded like it didn't have a cab engaged? Sometimes double cabs/quad mics sounds better in thu. You may need to tweak it a bit of course. I don't think the noise gate is set high enough by default, but I don't want it too high or folks get signal cut off. Here it is with the gain on the main amp turned down and the noise gate turned up. it's just to share cabs/mics mostly. You may have noticed most of the rack unit effects are turned off btw.

Attached File  bitlessvolume.ovp.zip ( 4.15K ) Number of downloads: 73

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 2 2021, 01:04 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 31 2021, 05:34 PM) *
Oops! SHould be fixed now smile.gif

Thanks mate πŸ‘Š

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 3 2021, 12:53 AM
Here is mine smile.gif I'm using that same preset I shared with Phil with some of the bits turned back on. Dual cabs/4 mics/wads of outboard gear. I went COMPLETELY NUTS and shredded my brains out as I heard KRIS mention the magic word "shred" as called me out. Of course, now my take sounds mental compared to the other takes which are far more sedate. It will provide contrast to be sure.

*The guitar only track is blank until my take starts. I didn't mix in the previous takes before. Hope this still works.
Attached File  todd_without_backing.mp3 ( 7.6MB ) Number of downloads: 76

Attached File  Todd_with_backing.mp3 ( 7.6MB ) Number of downloads: 87

I left the effects in per that post I saw about leaving them on.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 4 2021, 01:22 AM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:12 PM