Instruments You Would Love To Be Able To Play
liveOASISforever
May 31 2013, 06:12 PM
GMC:er
What three instruments would you love to be able to play but will never get round to learning them.

Here are mine

Saxaphone
Piano
Violin

What are yours

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
leonard478
May 31 2013, 07:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
sax and piano as well!.

QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ May 31 2013, 05:12 PM) *
What three instruments would you love to be able to play but will never get round to learning them.

Here are mine

Saxaphone
Piano
Violin

What are yours

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
May 31 2013, 07:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
drums
vocals
flute .... jethro tull style

I would totally be a Bill Ward clone, given half the chance smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Headbanger
May 31 2013, 07:45 PM
Bagpipes.... laugh.gif The Scottish half of my blood draws me to that awesome sound!!!!!

Edit: I just realised the thread was which three...Doh...Better add the Drums and Trumpet!

This post has been edited by Headbanger: May 31 2013, 07:53 PM

+Quote Post
Jouve
May 31 2013, 08:02 PM
Learning Roadie
Hammond organ guzheng and drums wink.gif

This post has been edited by Jouve: May 31 2013, 08:03 PM

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
May 31 2013, 08:07 PM
Tone Seeker
Drums - My father used to play and he even tried to teach me but I was too young to learn.

Vocals - So I could make my songs even better.

Piano - We have a piano in our living room, my wife plays sometimes.

This post has been edited by WeePee: May 31 2013, 08:07 PM

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
May 31 2013, 08:19 PM
I can play bass, drums and piano, but unfortunately not at the level required to be in a band, unlike on guitar.

Things I have no experience with but would like to learn, given more hours in the day? Violin, sax, sitar, erhu, guzheng (the last two are traditional Chinese stringed instruments).

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
Headbanger
May 31 2013, 08:29 PM
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ May 31 2013, 09:19 PM) *
I can play bass, drums and piano, but unfortunately not at the level required to be in a band, unlike on guitar.

Things I have no experience with but would like to learn, given more hours in the day? Violin, sax, sitar, erhu, guzheng (the last two are traditional Chinese stringed instruments).

God if I was allowed to another wish it would definitely be the Sitar...You reminded me...In fact that would be in my top three...Bye bye trumpet laugh.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
May 31 2013, 09:05 PM
QUOTE (Headbanger @ May 31 2013, 07:45 PM) *
Bagpipes.... laugh.gif The Scottish half of my blood draws me to that awesome sound!!!!!

Edit: I just realised the thread was which three...Doh...Better add the Drums and Trumpet!

A love the bagpipes as well mate. smile.gif Probally because I am Scottish

The violin played here is one of the reasons I would love to be able to play it

QUOTE (Jouve @ May 31 2013, 08:02 PM) *
Hammond organ guzheng and drums wink.gif

Never knew what a guzheng was just checked it out. Wow that looks hard to play but what a sound

QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ May 31 2013, 08:19 PM) *

Do you still practice bass,drums,piano and guitar in a day.A find it hard to practice one instrument never even mind two.

QUOTE (WeePee @ May 31 2013, 08:07 PM) *
Drums - My father used to play and he even tried to teach me but I was too young to learn.

Vocals - So I could make my songs even better.

Piano - We have a piano in our living room, my wife plays sometimes.

A would love to have got taught a instrument at a very young age

+Quote Post
bleez
May 31 2013, 09:07 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Headbanger @ May 31 2013, 08:29 PM) *
God if I was allowed to another wish it would definitely be the Sitar...You reminded me...In fact that would be in my top three...Bye bye trumpet laugh.gif

LOL! yeah me to........ im ditching my imaginary jethro tull flute for a sitar biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 31 2013, 09:31 PM
Instructor
Cool thread! Mines are:

Cello
Piano
Drums
Sitar

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
May 31 2013, 10:09 PM
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ May 31 2013, 08:05 PM) *
Never knew what a guzheng was just checked it out. Wow that looks hard to play but what a sound

Do you still practice bass,drums,piano and guitar in a day.A find it hard to practice one instrument never even mind two.

Yeah Guzheng is pretty awesome. Traditional Chinese music (in my limited experience) seems quite centred around the pentatonic scale, and yet the application and final result are so different from what we're used to with Western scales.

Haha nah I barely practice these days, to be honest, even for guitar. That's what I'm hoping being a part of GMC will help me do!

The rest of the instruments I play are mostly just good enough for a casual jam with friends, I don't really make any real effort to become truly good at them... there aren't enough hours in the day!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 1 2013, 01:43 PM
Learning Roadie
Drums
Piano
Pedal Steel Guitar

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 2 2013, 09:48 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Like the majority here, Drums and Piano.
There are some great Piano ballads that simply sound better played with Piano than with an acoustic guitar e.g.

Especially when I see drummers like Taylor Hawkins, Dave Grohl or Marco Minnemann, players who play with such power and joy, I really wanna grab some sticks and drum and drum and drum... biggrin.gif

And let's not forget about the one and only drummer...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 2 2013, 02:26 PM
Instructor
I'd love to be able to play the Sitar and the bagpipes!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 2 2013, 02:28 PM
I have a saxophone and have never played it. sad.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 2 2013, 03:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Violin and Sita i guess rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 2 2013, 08:57 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Piano and saxophone

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 4 2013, 08:56 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Ah - the lost dreams.... sad.gif

I would go for :

1. Piano (Boggie-Woggie Style)
2. Harmonica (Blues Style) or Tenor Saxophone
3. Drums (Funky style)

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 4 2013, 09:28 PM

Kidding. No doubt for me - a voice, drums and piano.

This post has been edited by Spock: Jun 4 2013, 11:24 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:01 PM