Vintage Ibby Rgt42mdx Original Price
Todd Simpson
Jun 14 2021, 08:12 AM
GMC:er
I didn't realize these were this pricey even 10 years ago when new. The guitar I had to send back as it needed a fret job was one of these. I've owned 2 in my time. My current third white RGT42 is the RGT42DX without maple fretboard. The original price for these guitars about 10 years ago was over $900. I got a killer deal getting this one for under $500 as folks don't seem to know about these. Of course, I went back to check prices and now they are all pushing $700 for a used 10 year old guitar. It's getting harder to buy ibbys online. Anyone else notice this?
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jun 14 2021, 03:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
Todd, a friend of mine has the grey Ibanez with its hard case.
He hasn't played it for almost a decade.
Any idea how much it can be sold?

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 15 2021, 02:46 AM
Market rate seems to be about $800. That sounds about right. It's not a very flashy pain job which can sometimes help. It's a very solid axe though. Id say price it at $1,000 and then take $800. smile.gif

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jun 14 2021, 10:44 AM) *
Todd, a friend of mine has the grey Ibanez with its hard case.
He hasn't played it for almost a decade.
Any idea how much it can be sold?

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jun 15 2021, 07:42 AM
Learning Tone Master
Really, only 800?

I thought the Prestige series were sold at around €2000 new.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 15 2021, 11:39 AM
the 2550 or 2570 are amazing guitars, not many knows this but their neck width are slightly narrower than most ibanez guitars.

They are a bit easy to find used here too which likely brings the price down. The paint condition is very important in pricing because I've seen a lot (specially 2550) with the paint worn where the arm rests.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 16 2021, 11:48 PM
They made a lot of these and they are great guitars. The condition of the paint is very important as mertay said. Also, the grey paint isn't seen as a "special" guitar among collectors. It's still a great guitar though. They did go for 2k new.

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jun 15 2021, 02:42 AM) *
Really, only 800?

I thought the Prestige series were sold at around €2000 new.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:02 PM