Todd Simpson
Oct 21 2019, 10:38 AM
Post #1
Oct 21 2019, 10:38 AM

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

As I posted a bit back, I thought I'd give FIVERR a try for new collab projects. I was recruited by a guy from Israel and created two solos for two of his songs for the single $5 price. It took me half a day to write and record these. Here are both of them and here is the feedback. Get this. The guy wanted something like YNGWIE's TRILOGY SUITE!!! For $5? Wow. Here is a vid with both. For $5 I thought they worked great. Whaddya think?
------
Thanks Tod, the solos are nice but like I wrote I'm looking for something else. Solos that sound very composed , no improvised sounding moments ... like Highway Star, Trilogy Suite ...
all the solo should have a "masterpiece" feel, like in the link I sent

currently I liked only one section in between of the Liquidators solo at [0:36-0:50]. all the rest should be something different...

Thanks and sorry

---

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
bbbbb
Replies
klasaine
Oct 21 2019, 02:40 PM
Post #2
Oct 21 2019, 02:40 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.304

Totally normal comments from a writer/producer regarding their concept of a track.
The ridiculousness is the whole $5 thing.
The kind of and amount of work he wants is more in the $350 to $600 range (seriously).

*This is just me but I'd write back, "I totally understand. The simple and static nature of the harmony under the solo sections wasn't implying Blackmore or Yngwie to me. Good luck man!"

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 21 2019, 05:33 PM
Post #3
Oct 21 2019, 05:33 PM

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

UPDATE!!!

The guy is sooooo cheap, that despite me giving him two solos for $5 instead of one, he is welching on the order and refusing to pay. It's five bucks for petes sake? Some clients, you just gotta get as far away as possible.
----

BINGO!! You nailed it. The simple and static nature of the harmony under the solo sections wasn't implying YNGWIE or "Masterpiece" at all. I played to what was there. Sadly, in his mind, reality is just very very different. I wrote him back and said essentially as much last night. Told him I'd still give him the deliverable if he wants but that my time was used up on this one.

He evidently writes music in software, probably guitar pro, hires guys on fiver to play and sing it, then takes credit for the tracks. Fun.
Todd

QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 21 2019, 09:40 AM) *
Totally normal comments from a writer/producer regarding their concept of a track.
The ridiculousness is the whole $5 thing.
The kind of and amount of work he wants is more in the $350 to $600 range (seriously).

*This is just me but I'd write back, "I totally understand. The simple and static nature of the harmony under the solo sections wasn't implying Blackmore or Yngwie to me. Good luck man!"

Well, the site is called "FIVERR" and the idea is you can start up a new relationnship that could lead to more steady work. Your giving them the first one for free basically.

Ken is spot on per usual, the guy wants hundreds of dollars worth of work for actually paying 5 bucks. Not to mention, what he is asking for is essentially impossible due to the tracks themselves. I gotta write something that fits the tracks and neither one of those has a solo section that begs for a technical masterpiece.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 21 2019, 10:32 AM) *
Klasaine is right, if thats the backing he pretty much asks for an entire structure of an instrumental section to be composed. A "solo's" role is "filler" to a song, not something to have sections inside it given the time length and basicness of the backing track.

5 dollar for that is plain funny, but he might have no idea what he's asking for. Your fault here is underselling yourself o matter what the reason might be.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 21 2019, 05:46 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th February 2020 - 01:27 PM