Bends/vibrato [ 8 ] ** [8.08%]
Strumming [ 3 ] ** [3.03%]
Smashing your axe The Who style! [ 12 ] ** [12.12%]
Total Votes: 99
Guests cannot vote 
Artemus
Mar 26 2009, 04:13 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
This poll was inspired by a thread that lcsdds started. I hope he doesn't mind me commandeering his topic.
I thought it would be interesting to get a poll up to see and compare what everyone thinks. I've tried to include a comprehensive list but if you think I missed something let me know.
(Number 10 is obviously a joke but I had to include it)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
Mar 26 2009, 04:21 PM
GMC:er
AP for me is the most difficult

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 26 2009, 04:24 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Artemus @ Mar 26 2009, 04:13 PM) *
This poll was inspired by a thread that lcsdds started. I hope he doesn't mind me commandeering his topic.
I thought it would be interesting to get a poll up to see and compare what everyone thinks. I've tried to include a comprehensive list but if you think I missed something let me know.
(Number 10 is obviously a joke but I had to include it)

Thanks Artemus....I was gonna do the same thing but didn't know how to set up a poll. laugh.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 26 2009, 04:37 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Either tapping or fingerpicking.... Good varied fingerpicking is damned hard tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Roadside
Mar 26 2009, 04:47 PM
I would of course first think of damn fast arpeggios and sweeping or 8 finger tapping, but I voted for bending and vibrato. Not because it´s the hardest technique to learn, but it´s hard to execute it just as perfect as marcus e.g..

Though bending and vibrato is something pretty subjective to oneself it is one of the most important things imho.

Hm, the more I think of it 8 finger tapping would be my next choice biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Artemus
Mar 26 2009, 04:52 PM
Awesome. I did include the bending/vibrato option for its importance and as you say it takes a lot of work to execute them with perfection. In a similar vein, I included whammy bar control - to use it to it's full expressive extent I think takes years and something that I've never really "got"

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
JamesT
Mar 26 2009, 08:25 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I voted. wink.gif

We need to also do another poll of "What's the most important technique". It probably varies with musical style and taste, but I'll bet there are a couple techniques that run in common as most important across the board.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Artemus
Mar 26 2009, 08:40 PM
Agreed. The most important techniques will no doubt be required for the majority of musical styles, whilst others are perhaps more genre specific to a degree.

Someone voted for smashing up their axe laugh.gif awesome!

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 26 2009, 08:44 PM
I`ts me laugh.gif Ahaha, when i saw this, i just can`t resist! laugh.gif

And actually there is some truth, i hardly imagine, how i can even think about doing harm to my axe ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by AlexLion: Mar 26 2009, 08:46 PM

+Quote Post
Canis
Mar 26 2009, 08:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well... Smashing my guitar would be the hardest thing to do... Since I have no opportunity to get a new one tongue.gif

Voted bends/vibrato, though... I'm having problems getting a steady vibrato and pure bends..

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 26 2009, 09:04 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 26 2009, 10:37 AM) *
Either tapping or fingerpicking.... Good varied fingerpicking is damned hard tongue.gif

Correct, very difficult to do it right.

My favorites for a long time have been Leo Kottke and John Fahey. Fahey is dead now.

Here is and old one of Kottke, actually sings on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXiReAlRcx8

and and old one of Fahey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReW9uUYm-DA&NR=1

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Mar 26 2009, 09:34 PM
8 Finger Tapping , Slap and Pop might be a close second followed by Sweeping.

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
midnight
Mar 26 2009, 09:49 PM
Fast sweeping for me.

I can work on all these techniques for the same amount of time and see the slowest results with sweeping.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 26 2009, 11:09 PM
Instructor
Sweeping is my weakness. I havent got much problem with conomy picking though, but i'm no good at those fast 5/6-string sweeps.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Mar 27 2009, 03:42 AM
Instructor
I don't know what to choose, I think in some levels each technique is difficult :S

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 27 2009, 03:48 AM
finger picking would be the hardest on there... who fingerpicks anyway, never tried it and have no interest in trying to develop any skills in it..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Mar 27 2009, 08:13 AM
Instructor
Voted 8-finger tapping, but I think string skipping should be on that list as well - that can be very tricky sometimes smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Artemus
Mar 27 2009, 10:05 AM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 27 2009, 02:48 AM) *
finger picking would be the hardest on there... who fingerpicks anyway, never tried it and have no interest in trying to develop any skills in it..

Hybrid picking would come under this - so it's not just for classical guitar music. Although, have you tried tremolo picking? It ain't easy. Combine with flamenco techniques like rasgueados, golpes and the like.......

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
kjutte
Mar 27 2009, 02:17 PM
I voted 8-finger tapping.

It doesn't get much harder than this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glJU4wMFvdk

+Quote Post
Artemus
Mar 27 2009, 02:36 PM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Mar 27 2009, 01:17 PM) *
I voted 8-finger tapping.

It doesn't get much harder than this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glJU4wMFvdk

That was an impressive display of technique! Thanks. I loved his bends and harmonics too!!

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:20 PM