I'd Never Heard Of This Guitarist, Clapton and Hendrix said he was the best
Phil66
Sep 1 2021, 12:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'd never heard of Michael Bloomfield but this is an interesting article, the video at the bottom has a great solo in it.

I think Ken will have heard of him, maybe some others here too but I'm going to find some more of the man's work.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/eric-clapton-b...rite-guitarist/

Enjoy cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 1 2021, 03:15 PM
GMC:er
Bloomfield was great but he was a bit flakey (way too many drugs) and died pretty young.
He played and recorded with Bob Dylan and Janis Joplin among others and was a big influence on most of the guitarists of that era and just afterwards. Unfortunately he didn't record that much, didn't write and didn't stick with any one band for any length of time. His most prolific work is arguably with the Paul Butterfield Blues Band ...

Super Session ...

With Janis ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Sep 1 2021, 03:46 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 1 2021, 06:31 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks for sharing those Ken cool.gif

That Albert's Blues and the Joplin track are superb.

Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 2 2021, 04:58 PM
GMC:er
I can't add anything to what Ken posted!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:17 AM