6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
A Bbking Collab For His Memory ?
fzalfa
May 30 2015, 08:31 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Daeron @ May 30 2015, 07:19 AM) *
No ! But I have read in another topic that it was better to export a track from zero to help the final mix. And I didn't notice that you've already done. It's great. Sorry... wink.gif

no matter

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 30 2015, 04:33 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (fzalfa @ May 28 2015, 10:30 AM) *
hi

i like to, but i have take medecine yesterday late and it's a long spread med and it shoot a lot..... tramadol a pain killer

edit:

this the actual track in his current state

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/thrill-is-gone-backing-track-1

maybe i'll do something after Daeron..... i'll try tonight cause now... i'm out of brain

Laurent

Awesome to see a new mix, this is shaping up nicely! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 31 2015, 01:29 AM
GMC:er
Mix is coming along very nicely!! Are you mixing on your linux/unix machine?

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 30 2015, 11:33 AM) *
Awesome to see a new mix, this is shaping up nicely! cool.gif

+Quote Post
fzalfa
May 31 2015, 10:46 AM
Learning Roadie
Mix is coming along very nicely!

yes ! i like it wink.gif you can contribute !!!

Are you mixing on your linux/unix machine?

actualy no, cause all my Unix boxes are only big iron, i mean very big Silicon Graphics stuff, like Cray/SGI origin 2000, multirack Onyx 3, Iris 4D crimson (like the one ini jurassic park), Octane / fuel / indy / indigo 2 workstation.

so i use a moderne multi xeon system, for the noise, for the electrical comsuption, and the availability of musical software, cause SGI are 100% proprietary system, in house Unix (called IRIX) In house CPU (MIPS risc 64bits),and in house graphics cards.

but i can use it for audio / and video mixing, cause software used on are still good, editors like Avid, Autodesk flame etc....

All Linux audio software can be ported on cause Irix is Posix compliant, and all SGI have high quality audio subsystem with low latency, high sampling rates, spdif and optical input/output.

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 1 2015, 05:24 AM
Nice smile.gif ARe those things in your house? I gotta ask dude. What in the world are you doing with machines like that at home? I worked on some Big Iron (SGI ONYX) back in the day with software called CINEON for movie fx and such, but it's been a while since I"ve seen machines like that in the wild.

QUOTE (fzalfa @ May 31 2015, 05:46 AM) *
yes ! i like it wink.gif you can contribute !!!

actualy no, cause all my Unix boxes are only big iron, i mean very big Silicon Graphics stuff, like Cray/SGI origin 2000, multirack Onyx 3, Iris 4D crimson (like the one ini jurassic park), Octane / fuel / indy / indigo 2 workstation.

so i use a moderne multi xeon system, for the noise, for the electrical comsuption, and the availability of musical software, cause SGI are 100% proprietary system, in house Unix (called IRIX) In house CPU (MIPS risc 64bits),and in house graphics cards.

but i can use it for audio / and video mixing, cause software used on are still good, editors like Avid, Autodesk flame etc....

All Linux audio software can be ported on cause Irix is Posix compliant, and all SGI have high quality audio subsystem with low latency, high sampling rates, spdif and optical input/output.

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 1 2015, 07:03 AM
Learning Roadie
Yes i have thèse at home
I'am collecting SGI stuff ans i had thé chance to grab some nice pieces .
Onyx ? I have also an onyx R10k with a full infinite reality pipe with rm6-64 and dg4-8 , a maxed out zone like all my stuff.

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 1 2015, 09:13 AM
Learning Roadie
let's go back our topic !!

WHO IS THE NEXT ONE ??

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 2 2015, 07:53 PM
Those are some very nice bits of kit wink.gif The power requirements are pretty serious? Did you notice your electric bill go up a bit after install? smile.gif

That onys is real monster! Back in the day that would around half a million US or so? That's similar to the "JEDI SPEC" that was used for years at Industrial Light and Magic under the "JEDI PACT" that SGI had going with them.

When I was working on one, it was the only machine on earth that could calculate color space in logarithmic scale smile.gif

P.S. What in God's name are you using these machines for?

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jun 1 2015, 02:03 AM) *
Yes i have thèse at home
I'am collecting SGI stuff ans i had thé chance to grab some nice pieces .
Onyx ? I have also an onyx R10k with a full infinite reality pipe with rm6-64 and dg4-8 , a maxed out zone like all my stuff.

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 2 2015, 08:23 PM
Learning Roadie
i have reply via PM, do you participe to our tribute ?

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 3 2015, 10:11 AM
I was one of the first participants! smile.gif

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jun 2 2015, 03:23 PM) *
i have reply via PM, do you participe to our tribute ?

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 3 2015, 12:39 PM
Learning Roadie
but where is your recording ?

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 3 2015, 10:42 PM
Egad!! This would be my bad. I was getting my collabs confused smile.gif I did a blues bit for the QA backing. I've still got this one on deck to record. I'll put something spiff up smile.gif When does this collab wrap up?

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jun 3 2015, 07:39 AM) *
but where is your recording ?

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 4 2015, 07:00 AM
Learning Roadie
it be closed when the tb 'll be filled.

i wait your record !! it's an obligation !!

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 6 2015, 12:36 AM
I'll cut a track this weekend. Should be fun! smile.gif

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jun 4 2015, 02:00 AM) *
it be closed when the tb 'll be filled.

i wait your record !! it's an obligation !!

Laurent

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 6 2015, 05:40 AM
I used my new RICK HANES GUITARS prototype "CRUSHER" and a new TH2 preset (low gain/bluesish) and pulled a KRIS DAHL and did the solo one one take, one pass, all improv. There are little bits in there that I'd normally re track but I'm going to leave them in as it makes it sound much more organic and less sterile and planned. But let's see what you guys think smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/bbk-tribute-guitarmasterclassnet

OVERLOUD TH2 PRESET
Attached File  BBKing_TH2.xml.zip ( 1.6K ) Number of downloads: 656

Attached Image

Attached File  Todd_Solo_Only.mp3 ( 6.12MB ) Number of downloads: 75

Attached File  Todd_With_Backing.mp3 ( 6.12MB ) Number of downloads: 75

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 8 2015, 07:30 PM
Learning Roadie
ok todd , thanks for participate, but what can do ?

please take the actual BT and follow the collab..

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 9 2015, 07:09 AM
I soloed over the entire track to let you pick any part you like and put it anywhere. You can just drop my track in and fade it up in your daw at any point. I got a reply from someone who clued me in smile.gif More replies below.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 9 2015, 07:44 AM

+Quote Post
Daeron
Jun 9 2015, 07:32 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hello Todd

Yes, you are using the right backing track but you should play after the others ! Each one play one or two licks, then another one, then another one... I think your turn is after my take.

The mix is there for now :

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/thrill-...backing-track-1

So you should start your licks at ~ 2'20

This post has been edited by Daeron: Jun 9 2015, 07:33 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 9 2015, 07:42 AM
I got a reply and I get it now. smile.gif Just drop my guitar track in and turn up the volume on that track whenever you like. That way you can plug any gaps/wholes or just put it right after the last guy and let it run as long as you like. I soloed over the entire track so that you could pick whatever you wanted out of it smile.gif

Whew! Was confused for a bit smile.gif

Thanks for the info smile.gif I soloed over the entire track so he could just fade up my track whenever he wants. After the current one would work fine wink.gif

QUOTE (Daeron @ Jun 9 2015, 02:32 AM) *
Hello Todd

Yes, you are using the right backing track but you should play after the others ! Each one play one or two licks, then another one, then another one... I think your turn is after my take.

The mix is there for now :

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/thrill-...backing-track-1

So you should start your licks at ~ 2'20

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 9 2015, 08:12 AM
Learning Roadie
oki !! that's what i have tought

thanks Todd for your collaboration !!!

who is next ?

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:31 AM