2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Ibz Or Dimarzios?
SLASH91
Jan 22 2008, 02:07 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Jan 21 2008, 06:13 PM) *
It should not be that expencive, I think they last like 3000 hours on one battery.

blink.gif Well, ok, then, thats not bad smile.gif

@Goliath- Just checked out the live wire pickups and they're getting killer reviews ( Especially the metal one). They sound even better for metal than the evo's. Thanks for the input cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 22 2008, 03:03 AM
As long as you don't leave your guitar plugged in when the amp is off then the battery life should last you for ages.

I have the Mustaine sig. Live Wires and I'd put them in just about any guitar. The neck pickup can be played cleanly beautifully. It pulls it off very well. If you don't mind dave Mustaine having his sig on it, that is. Hah, my DV8-R has Dave Mustaines sig on it 3 times (1 headstock, 2 pickups).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Tiltil
Jan 24 2008, 11:48 AM
Hey chaps,

From what I gained reading the thread, Dimarzio are superior to IBZs. But is there an affordable Ibanez coming with DiMarzios which ISNT a gem (I said affordable tongue.gif)? Can't find one, they're all IBZ, V7~, etc

--------------------
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, complain."

+Quote Post
RobM
Jan 26 2008, 06:52 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 19 2008, 02:46 PM) *
Hey guys, I've posted before about getting a new guitar - but the money is finally accumulating and looking like it might happen (assuming my Epi Korina Flying V sells on eBay).

It's it's going to be Ibanez or a new 2008 Dean.

Quick question, I want a Ibanez prestige model, they seem to have suprerior craftsmenship...however some come with IBZ pickups and some with DiMarzios...are the Dimarizios worth the extra cash?

mmm sexy: http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG2570E

After looking on the Ibanez Website again to make sure what I'm going to say is the truth here goes:

Ibanex makes three kinds of guitars: Guitars with Ibanez Pickups, guitars with what they call Dmz/Ibz or Dimarzio/Ibanez pickups and guitars with Dimarzio pickups.

Now you can get an RG prestige with Ibanez pickups (the RG1527,RG1570,RG550MXX), You can get an RG prestige with EMG pickups (RG2228) and Dimarzio/Ibanez Pickups (RGT320Q, RG2550E, RGT220A) and even Seymour Duncan pickups (RG2610e).

It all depends on the models number of the pickups, some Ibanez pickups are S1, S8 and V2 to mention a few. Some prefer EMG's over regualr pickups etc.. I guess what you really need to do is go down to your local Ibanez dealer (the only place where they will most likely have the widest variety of guitars by Ibanez to play) and make up your own mind.

I own the RG1570 and I'm very happy with it. It may lack in some sound/tone compared to an Ibanez with the Dmz/Ibz pups, but from my experience I couldn't tell and if it meant the slight difference and the difference between staring at the 2550e and my 1570 I'd choose the 1570 all over again. IMHO the 2550e is one of the ugliest guitars made by Ibanez. I understand what they were trying to do with the kind of paint they used but did they really think it was a good looking guitar before they put it into production?

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 26 2008, 06:56 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Jan 21 2008, 01:07 PM) *
blink.gif Well, ok, then, thats not bad smile.gif

@Goliath- Just checked out the live wire pickups and they're getting killer reviews ( Especially the metal one). They sound even better for metal than the evo's. Thanks for the input cool.gif

Yep. I have actives on my parker, they last roughly three months or so. So I usually change battery when I change strings (elixirs).

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 27 2008, 07:28 PM
Instructor
Yes they definitely are worth the extra cash!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:21 PM