2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Pc-speakers
micpon
Nov 8 2008, 09:45 AM
GMC:er
My PC-speakers are not in the shape to play guitar thru so I need new ones. Do you have any suggestions?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skalde
Nov 8 2008, 11:28 AM
Learning Roadie
active / passice / price ?
I use a Pioneer amplifier + 2 JBL control + 2 Magnat Motion
Nowaday I would buy a desktop monitor system like the Studiophile series of m-audio.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/maudio_dx4_studiophile.htm
http://www.thomann.de/de/m_audio_bx8a_deluxe.htm

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Skalde: Nov 8 2008, 11:35 AM

+Quote Post
micpon
Nov 8 2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks for your advice.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 9 2008, 12:54 AM
Instructor
What is your budget mate, speakers are a very wide topic.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
micpon
Nov 9 2008, 08:47 AM
5-600 euro.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Nov 9 2008, 07:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (micpon @ Nov 9 2008, 08:47 AM) *
5-600 euro.

For 5-600 euroes you can get some quite good active monitors.
Like for example 2 of these: http://www.thomann.de/gb/krk_rp6_rokit_g2.htm

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 10 2008, 10:57 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
For such a big budget I would really recommend getting active monitors! They will sound just awesome and beat all the PC speaker systems..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Nov 10 2008, 12:30 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I agre with Bogdan, for that range of money you have the free choice. If you want to stick with PC speaker systems, check out Logitech, they have some awesome speaker sets.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Nov 10 2008, 01:08 PM
Singing Instructor
Ah,I did not read good first time,I understud 5-6000.smile.gif
Well you can buy as everybody sad,good active monitors,for this money.I would go with this one. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=S...1008#ps-sellers

This post has been edited by Nemanja Filipovic: Nov 10 2008, 02:45 PM

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Nov 10 2008, 01:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Nov 9 2008, 07:32 PM) *
For 5-600 euroes you can get some quite good active monitors.
Like for example 2 of these: http://www.thomann.de/gb/krk_rp6_rokit_g2.htm

I am aiming on those, excellent speakers for the price smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
micpon
Nov 10 2008, 09:14 PM
thanks for the advices everyone!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 11 2008, 12:00 AM
Instructor
I would definitely recommend something from Tannoy, like this

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
Nov 11 2008, 06:31 PM
I have a pair os Creative gigaworks T40's
Didnt cost too much about £70 uk pounds.
I found these speakers to be awsome, small compact and very powerful. I play my Line 6 Guitar port though them.

seeing your post though you have a big budget for speakers .....

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
ztevie
Nov 11 2008, 10:53 PM
If you want to use your pc-system for recording guitar you should get monitors as the above say, instead of normal pc-speakers. A couple of transparent active monitor speakers will help you when you set up your tone, as you will get closer to reality directly...
I have a normal Logitech system, made for listening to music through the pc, not for making music... Its a pain in the a** to listen to while recording stuff. It can sound wonderful while playing and the end result after mixing too... But then... Burn it to a cd and bring it to your big stereo system or car stereo, it will sound muddy, woofy, and not pleasant at all...
So I have to learn how my pc-speakers sound, and actually dial in a sound which appear not that great coming from the pc, but works elsewhere too... It's not easy.
But with your budget you should be able to get something really nice.

However, I can not afford a decent set of speakers right now, and being a mediocre guitarist/recording/mixing/mastering guy I just don't deserve better than this! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by ztevie: Nov 11 2008, 10:54 PM

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 12 2008, 12:52 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Also If you were to go with PC speakers , I would recommend getting a high quality 2.1 set..High quality 5.1 systems are cool and pricey but you don't need them if you are not intending to make a home theater smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Nov 12 2008, 12:53 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Nov 13 2008, 10:01 AM
Instructor
@micpon - One question? What audio interface (sound card) do you have?

If it is some integrated or cheap it will not sound good even with the best monitors, morexactly bad audio interface will sound even worse with better monitors smile.gif

Why is that? Let's say that studio monitors are designed to give you a FLAT response, and not to PAINT the sound like desktop speakers do. So when you play your gitar through some low-end audio interface into "ordinary" desktop speakers, the low quality signal will be "painted" in speakers and will sound good, but when you record it and play it on some other audio system it will sound completely different.
But with studio monitors the situation is different, better monitors you have, better equipment you need, because if you have any bad "link" in the chain (guitar, cable, effects, audio interface) you will notice it in the quality of sound

--------------------

+Quote Post
micpon
Nov 13 2008, 03:42 PM

Creative CA20K1 X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity Audio Processor PCI. Is this the soundcard?

regards, Michael

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Nov 13 2008, 03:55 PM
Instructor
This is a sound card (sound blaster) not an audio interface.. it is designed for computer gaming smile.gif

For this, I think it is best to get some good desktop speakers (2.1 as Bogdan mentioned), it would improve your sound a lot smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
micpon
Nov 14 2008, 10:13 PM
If Toneport UX1 is an audio interface I use one. Excuse me if I am not familiar with the vocabulary.

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Nov 14 2008, 10:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (micpon @ Nov 14 2008, 10:13 PM) *
If Toneport UX1 is an audio interface I use one. Excuse me if I am not familiar with the vocabulary.

It is audio interface smile.gif

Generally, sound blasters are designed for reproduction of computer sound, while audio interfaces are designed for audio production, i.e. recording and reproducing of sound with good quality A/D and D/A converters, and low latency.

To understand better the process here's shortly how it goes. Sound from your guitar comes in analog format, then in the audio interface gets converted to digital, computer processes the sound and converts back to analog to reach the speakers.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:17 PM