4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Maharzan's June Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
maharzan
Jun 7 2010, 11:28 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I just learnt the song context one too.. I will get into the G series immediately. biggrin.gif

Btw, I have posted these 3 takes on REC forums too, just in case you want to mark them.

Hmm.. open triads look quite different.. I was wondering shouldn't it be same just move the triads to G position? smile.gif Good to know though. looking at the vids now..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 7 2010, 11:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jun 7 2010, 12:28 PM) *
I just learnt the song context one too.. I will get into the G series immediately. biggrin.gif

Btw, I have posted these 3 takes on REC forums too, just in case you want to mark them.

Hmm.. open triads look quite different.. I was wondering shouldn't it be same just move the triads to G position? smile.gif Good to know though. looking at the vids now..

Awesome Chandra!
Glad to hear you are on it man. Open triads have different (open sound, more than octave distance between lowest and top note) and look different. Think Eric Johnson , clean with delay sound smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 7 2010, 02:32 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hey Pedja,

Just wanted to let you know that after practicing the Triads in Song context, I have composed my own melody using triads. How cool is that? I have set up a drum loop and will be recording either today or tomorrow.

I love composing... smile.gif

Cheers!
Chandra

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 7 2010, 03:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jun 7 2010, 03:32 PM) *
Hey Pedja,

Just wanted to let you know that after practicing the Triads in Song context, I have composed my own melody using triads. How cool is that? I have set up a drum loop and will be recording either today or tomorrow.

I love composing... smile.gif

Cheers!
Chandra

Fantastic Chandra!
Thats the whole purpose of my lessons. I present you with way, you learn the method and then stat working on things by yourself !

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 8 2010, 04:46 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hey Pedja,

Alrighty, here is what I came up with.. just a simple drum loop with the guitar.

Hope you like it.

Thanks,
Chandra

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 8 2010, 06:32 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
And the original lesson itself - Triads in a Song Context.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 8 2010, 10:46 AM
Instructor
Chandra you did great man. Both videos sound good. I am glad you went over it and were creative to make your own.
Are you doing open triads now?

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 8 2010, 10:55 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Oh yea.. perfected the first 2 parts. biggrin.gif will post video later today or tomorrow again.. Don't you think I am crazy? biggrin.gif

Thanks Pedja.

Oh, I had a question...

Don't we say, we move up the neck, if we are going towards 24th fret.. and then move down, if we are moving towards 1st fret?

I think you said somewhere on the video that we are scaling down 1 octave like B note in G, but then we are actually using the higher octact B note (scale up?).

Also, there is a minor mistake in your 2nd part open triads video in the TAB. the C chord has 1 note off. smile.gif

Thanks,
Chandra

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 8 2010, 04:50 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hi Pedja,

Hope you saw my question... I had added it later but the forum seems to add it on the same post for certain amount of time. So in case you didn't check later, the question is above. smile.gif

Thanks,
Chandra

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 8 2010, 05:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jun 8 2010, 11:55 AM) *
Oh yea.. perfected the first 2 parts. biggrin.gif will post video later today or tomorrow again.. Don't you think I am crazy? biggrin.gif

Thanks Pedja.

Oh, I had a question...

Don't we say, we move up the neck, if we are going towards 24th fret.. and then move down, if we are moving towards 1st fret?

I think you said somewhere on the video that we are scaling down 1 octave like B note in G, but then we are actually using the higher octact B note (scale up?).

Also, there is a minor mistake in your 2nd part open triads video in the TAB. the C chord has 1 note off. smile.gif

Thanks,
Chandra

Hey Chandra,
I don't think you are crazy man. I am very happy to see you working hard and learning all those chord vocabulary lessons. It will be of great use to you as you already saw with closed triads.
Regarding your question, we can look it at both ways. Moving down can mean moving down melodically so we would end up in lower register. Moving down can also mean moving down the guitar neck which is contrary (going up). I am not sure what video you are referring to. I might have been talking about octave displacement. That happens when we are running out of frets and we transpose the same thing down an octave.
I will check the tab but those lessons were published while ago and I don't have administration powers for them anymore so I can't change anything in there smile.gif

You welcome !

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 8 2010, 06:14 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Great. I will post 2 parts of open triad early tomorrow.. the 3rd one has huge stretch.. so kinda struggling on that one.. just the Am chord but after few practices, I should be able to do it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 9 2010, 05:20 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Okay, here are the 2 parts of Open Triads in G major scale. I will get to part 3 today.

Part I - We are basically scaling up the 2nd note (one octave higher) in each chord (B for G chord, G B D so its G D cool.gif.

Part II - We are basically scaling down the 2nd note (one octave lower) in each chord (B for G chord, G B D so its B G D).

Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 9 2010, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Fantastic work Chandra! Keep this pace up and I have no worries for you smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 10 2010, 05:05 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Okay, I did the 3rd part as well. smile.gif From what I understood, we are using 2nd inversion and taking the 2nd note (G) one octave higher. Hope I understood it well.

Next, I am going to work on the open triads in a song context lesson before starting the 4 part harmony series.

Cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 10 2010, 11:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jun 10 2010, 06:05 AM) *
Okay, I did the 3rd part as well. smile.gif From what I understood, we are using 2nd inversion and taking the 2nd note (G) one octave higher. Hope I understood it well.

Next, I am going to work on the open triads in a song context lesson before starting the 4 part harmony series.

Cheers!

Great work Chandra!
So happy to see you managed to pull stretches on last string set man. It looks like you did REC for next 3 months haha

Hope I will post your new assignment today, stay tuned!

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 10 2010, 01:47 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Haha.. Oh YEA! I am going to finish all.. just want to grasp as much as possible.. I learnt the song context lesson too. So, hopefully, I can post that tomorrow. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 10 2010, 01:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jun 10 2010, 02:47 PM) *
Haha.. Oh YEA! I am going to finish all.. just want to grasp as much as possible.. I learnt the song context lesson too. So, hopefully, I can post that tomorrow. biggrin.gif

Done already ? Look forward to it man. Will give you some interesting assignments in future for sure smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 11 2010, 05:04 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hey Pedja,

As always, here is what I have done. I could have practiced more but was impatient in starting to compose my own melody for next assignments. smile.gif

Thanks,
Chandra

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 11 2010, 11:21 AM
Instructor
Once again great work Chandra!

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 11 2010, 01:39 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thank you so much Pedja. I am exploring some nice rhythms now. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:45 PM