Finger Problems
Exitus
May 3 2008, 07:16 PM
GMC:er
Hey Marcus!

I have some big problems with my fingers and my playing skill (on guitar).

I play arround 10-14 month

First my fingers : I try to practice 3-5 hours a day.

The thing is: Ive try to play your lessons and my ambition is very very high!
But your bendings are the killer. Three days ago, my nails are torn from my fingers and i get some blood ;(
First I did not notice that but then..... ouch! mad.gif

Now ive made a break for some days but its not better. Its hurt very much (my finger bones too)
I want do everthing to play like you but I must find the right way to practice your skills.
I hope you can help me on this problem.

Now my playing skills: First i make an warm up (15min)

When I play after my warmup, Iam very slow and inaccurately.
I missed some notes and can just play on the slowest backing-track. blink.gif

BUT: After 2 hours I can play very fast and good. All my bendings are right and its sounds well.
I thougt when I can play a song, I play this everytime good.
But every morning when I want play this again what I learn, I cant and must practice again sad.gif

Its not funny to be just a good guitarist after some many time warmin up. mad.gif

What can I do now ? Thank you for your time and help.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Marcus Lavendell
May 4 2008, 09:22 AM
Instructor
Hi Exitus,

I'm sorry to hear this. Playing guitar shouldn't hurt at all. Though it's perfectly normal if your hands get warm and you feel muscles working, but if you bleed that's of course not good at all!

First thing you could do is to change to lighter string gauge (try a .008 set). That will make it easier to do these bends, and it won't put as much stress on your fingers. Second thing is that you MUST relax. Put a mirror in front of you while playing to see if you are tense (or record yourself with a webcam). And compare yourself with other experienced players (like the GMC instructors). Do you hold the guitar the same way? Do you sit straight up? is the angle of the arms the same? pick motion? fingering? etc etc... look for all the details, even the small ones.

It's good that you warm up before you start playing. Though I've never heard that it could take 2 hours of playing, to play good. My best guess is that this problem will solve it self over time. Next week you might only need 1,5 hours, then a week after that you'll only need 1 hour... and so on.

Please keep me updated on how you're doing!

-Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Exitus
May 4 2008, 12:14 PM
Hey Marcus,

thank you very much for your help.

I think I have 011-050 strings and thats the
answer of that "killer-bending"
With THAT strings I cant bend rofl... thx

After the warmup I try to be ralxed but when I come to a speed part
(Willpower Solo )at 12 seconds
then my left hand are pushing strong to the sites. I saw this on my cam. I try now to play relaxed.

I dont hold the guitar same way because I must look
what I do there otherwise I play not good and make many mistakes on notes.
The guitar is on my left leg. And I have small part under my foot that raises my leg.
Sometimes I stand up to play the same part on standing.

Ok the next step I do is:

"New Strings"
and stop playing for some time. (I wait to my fingers recovered) rolleyes.gif

I try to
"Play relaxed" and dont push so strong on the fretboard
(with THAT strings you MUST play strong ) wink.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for you help Marcus. You are my Idol.

I update my success here regularly.

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
May 5 2008, 01:32 PM
Hey

Another thing u could do is

if your strings are far away from the fretboard, u can always put them closer...

On the "stringholder" it should be somthing that will make the strings go closer to the fretboard...

- Lars

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:16 AM