Boss Ml-2 Metal Core
MickeM
Mar 23 2007, 11:41 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
ML-2

Has anyone tested it? (I havn't)
What did you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Mar 23 2007, 12:00 PM
GMC:er
I havent tryed it yet but, i bet it would sound pretty heavy.I've been looking for one on ebay .Some go for $30.00 to $60.00 on there.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 24 2007, 04:27 AM
Theres only one pedal for metal that I truely enjoy because it has so many sub genre varieties. You can pretty much dial in any metal sound you want from Death metal, Thrash, Black, Power, or even Progressive and anything in between. Get Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff. No buzz, or extra sound. For $90, its the best metal pedal out there. Go try it out, and youd be taking it home on the same day.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Shime
Jun 28 2010, 03:40 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 23 2007, 12:41 PM) *
ML-2

Has anyone tested it? (I havn't)
What did you think?

It turns the cleanest of cleans in the heaviest and darkest metal stuff. It can do only that though. Ultra low end, nauseating distortion, no noise at all. Never heard anything heavier. It's ideal if your tube amp lacks that extra gain/distortion for (nu-)metal. If you can find a used one for 50 euros, it's a good buy IMO!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 29 2010, 01:09 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
heheh they introduced a new pedal smile.gif Gonna check it out when it hits the stores here, wonder how it sounds. Though I'm not fan of these "heavy" pedals from boss metal zone etc.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 5 2010, 02:40 AM
Instructor
I guess it is not that bad pedal, but wouldn't count on it for some serious playing. It's more like "I need metalcore sound and I need it now and I have 50 bucks on me" type of pedal. You can't expect much, but it has it's use for home practicing, rehearsals perhaps, and stuff like that.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Power
Jul 14 2010, 05:32 AM
You might as well try the dunlop's mxr full bore metal. i like it better than the metal zone.
Still, im using a danelectro black coffee now.

+Quote Post
twist
Jul 14 2010, 09:10 AM
When i was looking for a nice distortion effect i tried a lot of pedals. I ended up with the Boss ML-2 and the MT-2. I finally decided to take the MT-2 because it has a much wider range of tone. And it even includes the range of the ML-2. Around here, they both have the same price so i took the one with more variety smile.gif And i would recommend the MT-2 to anyone that is unsure and is thinking about the ML-2.

Oh and i even wrote a Mini-Review about the MT-2 wink.gif

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jul 23 2010, 04:47 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I generally dislike almost any distortion pedals. I have tried several frmo both Boss, EHX, MXR and some other companies. Usually, they`re to harsh, thin, undefined, short range, bad dynamics or something else. The only distortion pedals I would count on for gigging, are the new(?) 12V ones from Blackstar, Ht Dist (huge variety of metal-tones) and HtDistX (built for detuned and scooped metal tones). If I`m not buying a new amp (because I need more gain without constantly stacking the gain channel with a pedal) within a few months, I`ll probably buy a blackstar pedal. They`re obvisouly enough more expensive, but definitely worth it IMO smile.gif

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:14 AM