Preserving Autographs On A Guitar., in a real bind
Guitarman700
May 8 2008, 02:15 AM
GMC:er
i have a problem i thought someone here might be able to help with. i recently got back from gigantour, and i had a VIP meet and greet ticket. i got Megadeth to sign my 1981 Kramer. now this is the greatest guitar ive ever played, and i don't want to just put in away and not play it. it's also my only six string. but its also a collectors item, as not many were made, and with the signatures, its worth quite a bit. i CANT just put it away, but i also want to preserve the signatures. ive heard things about something called "clear coat" but i really don't know what to do here. any advice?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
May 8 2008, 04:27 PM
Instructor
If you apply a clear coat of lacquer over the signatures, it should work smile.gif but if you're not sure how to do it, have someone else with more experience do it for you smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 8 2008, 09:32 PM
Instructor
It is possible to put another coat on the guitar, but experienced painter is what you will need then. I don't know the costs in your country, but I reckon the paint job should be around 50-150$ depending on quality and complexity.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:48 AM