Ac/dc Have Come To An End?!
Jesse
Aug 27 2009, 06:53 AM
GMC:er
A link to the article: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/acd...retiring-214923

The article:

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson wants to retire - this, despite the fact that the band have just kicked off a 27-date, sold-out US tour of stadiums and arenas. Not to mention the remaining Black Ice dates the band have booked well into 2010.

In an interview with Classic Rock magazine, Johnson revealed, "We were talking about the end of the tour and I said, 'We're finishing in May - and that's me done!'

"But [rhythm guitarist] Malcolm [Young] said, 'What are you talkin' about? We're not gonna let you retire!'"

Almost four decades of rocking
"I don't want for people to see me on stage and say, 'Oh, poor old fucker, the band's carrying him!'" AC/DC's Brian Johnson on his desire to retire soon
Needless to say, AC/DC know how important it is to hold onto a vocalist, especially one who's proven himself over 30 years. (2010 will mark the start of Johnson's fourth decade in the band, having assumed frontman duties after original singer Bon Scott died in February 1980.)

Although Johnson attempted to tender his resignation, his bandmates pursuaded him to put off shuffleboard and bingo - for now. As it currently stands, the singer will stick with AC/DC until they fulfill festival obligations, which could last into 2011.

The 61-year-old Johnson admits he's no spring chicken, but he does his level best to stay road-tough: "I try to keep myself fit, and I love it being in this band...but the other lads are in their early fifties. I'm the old dog in the regiment. I don't want for people to see me on stage and say, 'Oh, poor old fucker, the band's carrying him!'"

-----------------------------------------------------

It will be a sad day for rock n roll, sad.gif

Im glad i've got to see em before there gone for good!!!!!!!!!

And Brian is still awesome!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Aug 27 2009, 06:54 AM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Aug 27 2009, 07:35 AM
Instructor
Thank you for the post Jesse.
Didn't know 'bout this story but I can easily understand Brian's point of view.
Let's see what happens!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 27 2009, 10:17 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
That would be a shame sad.gif
But I kinda understand him though..

Thanks for sharing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 27 2009, 10:28 AM
Instructor
This is very sad news if its true?
I hope they keep playing together and making great music. One of the best hard rock bands in my opinion smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Aug 27 2009, 11:12 AM
Instructor
It would be very sad if it's true indeed. AC/DC is an awesome rock band. I also grew up.on their music.

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 27 2009, 12:44 PM
I saw them in April and it was hard to remember that he's 61 and the rest of the band are in their 50's!!!!
Brian and Angus were running around the stage like School kids!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Aug 27 2009, 03:20 PM
You saw em too?! COOL!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 27 2009, 11:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 27 2009, 01:44 PM) *
I saw them in April and it was hard to remember that he's 61 and the rest of the band are in their 50's!!!!
Brian and Angus were running around the stage like School kids!!!
biggrin.gif

I saw them as well, and he didn't look that old to me as well. Angus looked older than him! smile.gif

However I completely understand the man, rocking on stadiums for 30 years now. If he wants a break, he deserves one. But.. nut until 2011 cool.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 28 2009, 01:25 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Sad to hear about this. Hope that the won't part for some time though...Now I'm sorry I didn't went to their concert few months back sad.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:32 AM