Paranormal Experiences
The Uncreator
Dec 1 2007, 06:15 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Always been fascinated with this stuff, was wondering if GMC has any cool "Ghost Stories" or Paranormal Experiences to share.

I bring this up because i couldnt sleep tonight, (it is now 12:13 a.m. where i am) so i was just playing my acoustic in the dark, play myself to sleep i guess. After about an hour of messing around i set my acoustic down next to my desk where it always is, and in the pitch black, dead silence, while im facing away from the guitar. It plays a chord, at first i thought it was my cat playing with the strings, but i realized this wasnt open strings, force had to be applied to play it (my cat has yet to master this, and he was sleepinh on the other side of the room). i turned around, turned the light on, and i could see the strings vibrating, so after having my heat skip a few beats. i couldnt think of a reason why this would happen.

PS

I sat down and figured the chord out, this was what i heard, exactly, note for note...

|--------------0--
|-----------6-----
|--------7--------
|-----7----------
|--5-------------
|----------------

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Dec 1 2007, 06:19 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swingline
Dec 1 2007, 06:28 AM
GMC:er
That chord sounds pretty eerie even without the added story.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 1 2007, 07:48 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 30 2007, 11:15 PM) *
|--------------0--
|-----------6-----
|--------7--------
|-----7----------
|--5-------------
|----------------

Sounds like something a ghost would like.

Years ago I used to live with my Grandmother (who felt that her house was haunted). I had two experiences. Once was a pulsating noise, very loud. In the second a ghost came up to me and laughed at me holding a pillow on his head. The strange thing was that his voice sounded much like my older brother's (who was and is alive). That made me wonder if it was my dead grandfather (who I never met). He was a victim of experimental medicine in the days before law suits over malpractice. He was seriously ill but was getting better (at home). A doctor game him a shot, and one minute later he dropped dead. I wondered if the voice was familiar because it was inherited by my brother.

The argument made was that my grandfather never lived in that house. Even though his house had been bulldozed for a highway, it was still less than a mile away, and I figured ghost could find the new house.

Both times I woke up to experience this. But I felt firmly that I was awake at the time. I have never seen anything like it again.

Except one time I was meditating and saw a triangle illuminated in my head. It started spinning, and the shock of it pulled me out. I had read in Psychology that such things do exist, some contemporary of Freud wrote about such thing.

Bottom like I do think there are strange things out there, that people experience, for which there is no known explanation.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Dec 1 2007, 08:00 AM

+Quote Post
Layzer
Dec 1 2007, 07:49 AM
Sounds like there could be some half-asleep dreaming goin on here! laugh.gif

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 1 2007, 10:02 AM
Lets go fishing!
Im pretty scared now you guys unsure.gif ohmy.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Dec 1 2007, 10:21 AM
I don't want to frighten anyone else but I believe that might be a common ghost chord. huh.gif

Check this out:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=GjdPMDZdXFQ

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 1 2007, 12:16 PM
Good Job! You finally figure out how Opeth makes earie chords. A ghost plays them then Mikael learns it. biggrin.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 1 2007, 01:55 PM
Thats it!

It has to be biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 1 2007, 05:04 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 1 2007, 12:55 PM) *
Thats it!

It has to be biggrin.gif

Arnt you scared? unsure.gif I head the ghost say something at the end of the video laugh.gif smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 1 2007, 05:36 PM
It just kinda made me think

"Ok, that doesnt happen to often...."

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 1 2007, 05:38 PM
Lets go fishing!
Yes your right there. I would be pretty freaked out ohmy.gif But its pretty cool at the same time! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Dec 2 2007, 12:09 AM
the guitarplaying ghost.....OH MY GOD!! its dimebag! blink.gif...now depressed laugh.gif

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
Nick325
Dec 2 2007, 12:47 AM
i like that kinda stuff too. i watch this show called ghost hunters. u should watch it if u like that stuff.

i always thought of waking up to hearing my guitar playing when no ones around. kinda freaky... unsure.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Dec 2 2007, 01:25 AM
*chills*

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Animosity
Dec 2 2007, 02:05 AM
I wish I could experience something like this... just to confirm that there is some kind of afterlife.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 2 2007, 02:15 AM
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Dec 1 2007, 03:47 PM) *
i like that kinda stuff too. i watch this show called ghost hunters. u should watch it if u like that stuff.

i always thought of waking up to hearing my guitar playing when no ones around. kinda freaky... unsure.gif

Yes, i am a diehard fan, ive been watching it since it debuted, and i stayed up all night for the 6 hour halloween specials, and one of my messages even made it on TV! laugh.gif

That felt so cool smile.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 2 2007, 06:46 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 1 2007, 07:15 PM) *
Yes, i am a diehard fan, ive been watching it since it debuted, and i stayed up all night for the 6 hour halloween specials, and one of my messages even made it on TV! laugh.gif

That felt so cool smile.gif

can you prove that to us somehow? tongue.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Dec 2 2007, 06:47 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Dec 2 2007, 06:53 AM
aww man... i cant sleep now.... AND IM AFRAID TO PLAY THAT CHORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
You don't play the guitar, You play the music....

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effect Foot Pedal

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
Herman Li's Sound Enhancement Pedal
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

My Myspace: www.myspace.com/pacman12494

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 2 2007, 02:02 PM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Dec 1 2007, 09:46 PM) *
can you prove that to us somehow? tongue.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

I wish!! laugh.gif

It wasnt like it had spotlight or anything, it was briefly mentioned along with a few others concerning a single topic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:29 PM